I just found a beta plugin release by a company called onOne Software, whom I'm unfamiliar with. This plugin appears to offer some sort of layer-based editing either within or from Lightroom (they say it was inspired and designed with Scott Kelby). From their webpage:
"Perfect Layers is the fast and easy way to create layered files in Photoshop Lightroom. With Perfect Layers you can create and edit multi-layered Photoshop files directly within Photoshop Lightroom or use it to combine images from within other applications. Use it to change skies, composite multiple images together and retouch portraits using the built-in blend modes. We're extremely excited about Perfect Layers and hope you'll enjoy trying out the completely free Perfect Layers Public Preview Release.
- Combine multiple images into a layered Photoshop-compatible file
- Adjust layer size, position, blending mode and opacity
- Use the built-in layer masks and masking tools to blend multiple layers together
- Layered files are easily opened in Photoshop if needed
- Super fast launch and file-opening speed"
It sounds almost too good to be true. I'm not going to have time to play with the plugin until this weekend, so if anyone has any early feedback or experiences with it, please share!
Here's the link: http://www.ononesoftware.com …suite/perfect-layers/?ind