Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre General Photography Talk 
Thread started 06 May 2011 (Friday) 09:27
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Am I the only one that does not like Bokeh?

Indecent ­ Exposure
Goldmember
3,402 posts
Joined Jan 2007

May 10, 2011 01:21 |  #151

Now I feel guilty again! Damn this thread.

- James -
www.feedthewant.com (external link)
500px (external link)
Gear List and Feedback

sponsored links
CanonEOS
700 posts
Joined Mar 2011

May 10, 2011 01:29 |  #152
bannedPermanent ban

what do you mean!

Indecent Exposure wrote in post #12380751 (external link)
Now I feel guilty again! Damn this thread.

Gear List

stax
731 posts
Joined Aug 2009

May 10, 2011 01:35 |  #153

Screwdrivers are stupid.

http://www.flickr.com/​photos/staxnet/ (external link)

https://photography-on-the.net/forum/showthre​ad.php?t=865770

CanonEOS
700 posts
Joined Mar 2011

May 10, 2011 01:44 |  #154
bannedPermanent ban

A workman always blames his tools;)

stax wrote in post #12380799 (external link)
Screwdrivers are stupid.

Gear List

Art ­ Vandelay
329 posts
Joined Mar 2010

May 10, 2011 01:45 |  #155

Indecent Exposure wrote in post #12380573 (external link)
Not to bokeh the topic further,

I wasn't bokehed ? at all by your post. :D

7D & 5DmkIII, 10-17 Tokina, 17-40 f/4, 17-55 f/2.8, 24-105 f/4, 70-200 f/2.8, 300 f/2.8, EX1.4 II, EX 2.0 II
Aquatech CO-7 housing.
Gallery (external link)

reprazent
Goldmember
1,045 posts
Joined Jan 2009

May 10, 2011 02:55 |  #156

CanonEOS wrote in post #12379815 (external link)
What's the point of having a picture if the background is blurred out?

How can Boke or Bokeh be beautiful Were is the beaut in it?, (it's just blurred out) :rolleyes:

It's ok if you don't like it (or don't understand why others do), but there's no need to sound like a narrowminded prick.

gearlist | flickr (external link)

CanonEOS
700 posts
Joined Mar 2011

May 10, 2011 03:03 |  #157
bannedPermanent ban

Oh my bad language is aloud on this forum? go and wash your mouth out with soap or better still bush you teeth at the same time then came back and lets talk.

reprazent wrote in post #12380997 (external link)
It's ok if you don't like it (or don't understand why others do), but there's no need to sound like a narrowminded prick.

Gear List

jj_glos
Goldmember
1,938 posts
Gallery: 17 photos
Joined Nov 2009

May 10, 2011 08:25 |  #158

To be quite frank, all you are doing is arguing for the sake of it. Your responses are painful to read :(

DM1975
272 posts
Joined Apr 2011

May 10, 2011 08:31 |  #159

I agree. I love my photographs to be so full of in focus junk that you cant tell what the subject is. Bokeh is just as stupid as an index in a book. Who ever uses that crap anyways, really....

:rolleyes:

Website (external link)
Currently rebuilding my kit piece at a time
50D w/ BG-E2|430EXII|YN560x2|Cac​tusV5x4|White Lightning X800|Vanguard Alta Pro 263 Tripod|Sigma 12-24|70-200 f2.8L|24-105 f4L IS
These images brought to you today by the letter L

rral22
885 posts
Joined Jul 2008

May 10, 2011 09:19 as a reply to  @ DM1975's post |  #160

So, I think the answer to the OP is, yes, you are the only one that doesn't like Bokeh when used for effect.

My comment at this point is that it astonishes me how the OP can have either the arrogance, or the ignorance to think that since he believes the only good photographs have an infinite DOF, that everyone else really must feel that way too, or his astonishment at our absurd aesthetics is justified.

CanonEOS

Oh my it's like an old record going around and around.

What's the point of having a picture if the background is blurred out? Most people want to see the subject and background in focus, at least you can see more detail of the picture then just one big blur.

so infact there is no blurred vision at all now you see everything with your eyes, so what a point of a camera lens that takes blur backgrounds? (in your words nice bokeh)

here is no way anyone can change your mind if some members like me don't like it no one can change our minds also,

If that is the attitude, there is no hope. I can see many have tried on this thread to make him understand there is beauty in much more of the world than he can see right now, but his intolerance and pure ignorance of what photography is about will not allow him to accept anything but his own very narrow mind's view. Too bad.

To the OP: it is perfectly fine for you to take lots of pictures with every extraneous detail in focus if you wish. You really should, however, open your mind to the beauty and clarity of meaning that selective DOF can create for a subject as well. Your photography, and your philosophy will both benefit.

TeamSpeed
01010100 01010011
37,683 posts
Gallery: 111 photos
Best ofs: 2
Joined May 2002

May 10, 2011 09:37 |  #161

^ That is just CanonEOS. Take a look at all debates where that member is involved and you will see a trend. Very argumentative, with little to no concessions for others' views. These types of folks usually don't stay on the board very long. :) It's all good, though, sometimes there is something to be gleaned from their arguments, it just takes alot of work to read through the lines and 'tude. ;)

Past Equipment | My Personal Gallery (external link) My Business Gallery (external link)
For Sale: Sigma USB Dock

rral22
885 posts
Joined Jul 2008

May 10, 2011 09:56 |  #162

CanonEOS wrote in post #12382314 (external link)
What! you must be joking

You are trying to tell me boke-bokeh is beautful? :lol::lol: at least my Eyes is not out of focus like all the bokeh members here, at least I can see everything with two eyes and what did all of you do before boke-bokeh was invented? suck your thumbs!

"Invented"????? It wasn't "invented"; it is a fact of the physics of light and lenses. No one invented it. It is just a matter of choice whether or not selective DOF is something you want to use, or not.

Your attitude that, anyone who thinks it can be beautiful is stupid, is the problem. The fact you think it is a recent invention is proof of something else entirely.

tkbslc
Cream of the Crop
24,567 posts
Joined Nov 2008

May 10, 2011 10:00 |  #163

The word "bokeh" is new, but not the practice of isolating subjects and blurring backgrounds.

Taylor
Galleries: Flickr (external link)
60D | ELPH 330 | iPhone 5s

CanonEOS
700 posts
Joined Mar 2011

May 10, 2011 10:13 |  #164
bannedPermanent ban

I didn't say anyone is stupid you did, don't put words in my mouth or my text, I am just saying I don't think boke-bokeh is beautiful it just my opinion and I can see everything with two eyes were is the attitude in that?

Did I use bad language in this thread No but other members did
Did I use the words all the members here are stupid No
Did I say to any member they have a bad attitude No
Did I try to stop this Yes

What are you and timeSpeed doing continue it like old Record.

I say it again this time I make it bigger

I don't care if you like Bokeh but I don't like it IMO everyone to their own way of taking pictures just enjoy your life.

Bye

rral22 wrote in post #12382385 (external link)
"Invented"????? It wasn't "invented"; it is a fact of the physics of light and lenses. No one invented it. It is just a matter of choice whether or not selective DOF is something you want to use, or not.

Your attitude that, anyone who thinks it can be beautiful is stupid, is the problem. The fact you think it is a recent invention is proof of something else entirely.

Gear List

jj_glos
Goldmember
1,938 posts
Gallery: 17 photos
Joined Nov 2009

May 10, 2011 10:20 |  #165

CanonEOS wrote in post #12382314 (external link)
Maybe we should look at all your threads, your not a mod, and you don't make the rules who comes and goes, and I am here to stay forever, if you want to leave that ok. I am alowed to have my own opinions like all the other members here. and post my pictures. if you don't like what I have said don't keep replying.

The only opinion that you have given that is relevant to the thread, is that you prefer a deeper depth of field in your own work. That is fine, and no-one disagrees that you have a right to that opinion and how you produce your own work. Have fun :)

All the other rubbish that you have poorly presented and attempted to debate is just childish waffle. It appears to serve no other purpose than to perpetuate an argument where you fail to accept that facts of the matter and supplant them with your own! :D

sponsored links

24,408 views & 0 likes for this thread
Am I the only one that does not like Bokeh?
FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre General Photography Talk 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.