Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos The Business of Photography 
Thread started 07 May 2011 (Saturday) 01:56
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

8x12 Dye Sub Printer - Any Canadian resellers?

Rubi ­ Jane
Goldmember
1,827 posts
Joined Nov 2005

May 07, 2011 01:56 |  #1

Third year shooting an event with onsite printing requirements, previous years were 5x7 so I rented a Sony Snap Lab, this year they want 8 1/2 by 11 but what they will get is 8x12 trimmed to 8x11.

I can't find any company renting a dye sub that outputs 8x12 so I'm considering purchasing one and having this event's profit cover half or more of the cost then utilizing it to pay for itself.

Is there any Canadian resellers that sell the DNP DS80 or am I stuck ordering from the US? Also wondering if there are any service centres in Ontario? I'll call DNP Photo on Monday, they are an authorized dealer in the US and may know of someone in Canada. The job is May 14 so I'm in a pinch to get my hands on one.

Lindsey
Gear - Website (external link)

sponsored links
J.Napier
886 posts
Joined Aug 2007

May 07, 2011 12:48 |  #2

I cant help you much with the Canadian oulet but I got mine here.

http://www.imagingspec​trum.com …dye-sub_printer-ds80.html (external link)

They are great to work with and it looks like the price has actually went down since I purchased mine a couple years ago. Great machine by the way.

Jeff
Gear List
www.jni-ss.com / (external link)Blog (external link)
Sportshooterpage (external link) / Maxpreps (external link)
Facebook  (external link)/

thonee27
297 posts
Joined Mar 2011

May 07, 2011 16:45 |  #3

are you really that particular with the brand? you can try vistek they carry many brands

http://vistek.ca …sub/Dye-Sub-Printers.aspx (external link)

they use to have a sony snap lab $100 per day but i think they don't carry it anymore. you can try to ask them

www.marthonee.com (external link)

Gym ­ Star ­ Photos
138 posts
Joined Mar 2009

May 08, 2011 21:55 |  #4

I have to agree with Jeff about Imaging Spectrum. I don't have one of the DNP printers (yet) but as soon as all the paper for my current printers run out, I will be buying some of these printers from Imaging Spectrum. I buy all of my current printer's paper from them. They have been great at keeping me informed about the Sony-DNP purchase and the status of paper production for my printers. They also helped me install printers that I did NOT purchase there! If you have to go with a company in the US, I would go with Imaging Spectrum.

Rubi ­ Jane
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
1,827 posts
Joined Nov 2005

May 09, 2011 21:28 |  #5

Thanks for the information. I've managed to arrange a rental with a local sports photographer who has a small army of 8x12 dye sub printers which should work out great. I'll be thinking through the option to buy a printer over the next short while for future work, but if I'm able to rent and the photographer can provide the ink/paper that works well for me as I'll have no remaining stock.

Lindsey
Gear - Website (external link)

Mustangboy
51 posts
Joined Aug 2007

May 23, 2011 12:46 as a reply to  @ Rubi Jane's post |  #6

I've got a Kodak Professional 1400 Dye Sub printer if anyone is interested. It comes with a brand new pack of paper and ink. $100 for it all.

sponsored links

2,535 views & 0 likes for this thread
8x12 Dye Sub Printer - Any Canadian resellers?
FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos The Business of Photography 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.