Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EOS Digital Cameras 
Thread started 09 May 2011 (Monday) 12:42
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Why do (some) ppl think 60D not worth getting?

roosterslayer
994 posts
Joined Oct 2010

May 09, 2011 23:43 |  #61

CanonEOS wrote in post #12380246 (external link)
Only some of the camera setting are in the viewfinder but not all, and they are in green colour only in my viewfinder but on the LCD they are white and easy to see, maybe thats why canon made the 600D and 60D to view everything in one live view mode like a P&S camera easy to use but bigger to see than a P&S. love it.:D

If you and others want to push your face up to your camera just to take a picture that up to you but not me, we are all different in life we all have our own opinions, we are all learners of the DSLR world....just stay happy.

I love my 60D better. Yes I didn't buy it for Boke - Boken I got it because it can take better pictures than a P&S can also you can change the lens, Sony,Nikon don't make me laugh with toy cameras.

live view can be handy but i just cant imagine anybody serious about photography not liking the viewfinder. the ONLY time i use live view is when i dont want to lay on the floor to get a shot from a different angle. like you said, to each his own though.

now your last statement, sony and nikon = toy cameras? gtfo of here with that. if you're loyal to one brand then fine, so be it. but if you seriously think the brand of camera you use has a significant affect on your final image you have no clue what you're talking about. you're better off giving the 60d to someone who can use it and buy a lumix gf2 instead. not to sound harsh but you really rub people the wrong way with your half thought through comments.

flickr (external link)

sponsored links
joechaos
45 posts
Joined Jan 2009

May 09, 2011 23:58 |  #62

Because it's like a Rebel+ rather than a true D-series

tkbslc
Cream of the Crop
24,567 posts
Joined Nov 2008

May 09, 2011 23:59 |  #63

joechaos wrote in post #12380423 (external link)
Because it's like a Rebel+ rather than a true D-series

The Rebels have D behind them in Europe, so I don't know what this D series is that you speak of.

Taylor
Galleries: Flickr (external link)
60D | ELPH 330 | iPhone 5s

CanonEOS
700 posts
Joined Mar 2011

May 10, 2011 00:13 |  #64
bannedPermanent ban

When I reply to any thread I am busy with my work I sometime don't read what I have said don't have time, if I have rub up people the wrong way I am sorry, but infact it's just my opinion at the end, I got my 60D because I like it end of story. infact wasn't we talking about the viewfinder.

Everyone buy their own cameras for their own purpose in life, if you like boke-bokeh or the viewfinder or white lenses that's fine.

roosterslayer wrote in post #12380327 (external link)
live view can be handy but i just cant imagine anybody serious about photography not liking the viewfinder. the ONLY time i use live view is when i dont want to lay on the floor to get a shot from a different angle. like you said, to each his own though.

now your last statement, sony and nikon = toy cameras? gtfo of here with that. if you're loyal to one brand then fine, so be it. but if you seriously think the brand of camera you use has a significant affect on your final image you have no clue what you're talking about. you're better off giving the 60d to someone who can use it and buy a lumix gf2 instead. not to sound harsh but you really rub people the wrong way with your half thought through comments.

Gear List

Canon_Lover
Goldmember
2,695 posts
Joined Jan 2011

May 10, 2011 00:23 as a reply to  @ tkbslc's post |  #65

60D is complete trash!

That's why. :mad:

Just see for yourself...

http://www.flickr.com …5322228136/in/p​hotostream (external link)

http://www.flickr.com …322227568/in/ph​otostream/ (external link)

http://www.flickr.com …5679143239/in/p​hotostream (external link)

Like a fox! :D:D:D

My 500PX (external link)

Traci_Ann
I'm a masochist
3,589 posts
Gallery: 27 photos
Joined May 2005

May 10, 2011 00:30 |  #66

My first Canon DSLR was the 20D, bought it the week it came out. Since then I bought a second 20D, a 40D, a 50D and a 5DMk2. I typically carry the 5Dmk2 with the 24-70mm lens and the 70-200mm on the 50D. I was looking to replace the 50D with the 60D, but it wasnt an upgrade for me so I bought another 5DMk2. In my opinion the 60D seemed to be a step backwards from the 50D. The 60D is a great camera, a friend bought one as his first DSLR and he loves it.

Sevas Tra

CanonEOS
700 posts
Joined Mar 2011

May 10, 2011 01:02 |  #67
bannedPermanent ban

You are a strange member one minute you want to break your 60D camera the next you show me pictures taken by someone like you who don't understand how the camera or lens works.?

Gear List

wolfden
Goldmember
1,439 posts
Joined May 2008

May 10, 2011 01:14 |  #68

I am curious as to what the percentage of users that have the articulating screen are actually using it or how much they do use it. I have maybe used it twice and I found it struggled to grab focus vs. using the view finder.

I didn't buy the 60D for the articulating screen. It was an upgrade from my Rebel XT to a semi-pro camera that will suit my needs at the price I could afford. I debated with the T2i but the extra features made it worth it for me. I guess I can see the complaint for those already in that lineup, but it does make a nice upgrade, which is where I'm coming from. I absolutely love the camera.

~KJS~
Photos by KJS (external link) | Flickr (external link) | Blog (external link) | 500px (external link) | Google+ (external link)
Canon 60D Shooter

CanonEOS
700 posts
Joined Mar 2011

May 10, 2011 01:56 |  #69
bannedPermanent ban

I use the articulating screen more now then I did, I like it better than the viewfinder if you don't like the articulating screen ask Canon_lover to break for you he have been trying to damage his 60D camera for the few days now.

wolfden wrote in post #12380720 (external link)
I am curious as to what the percentage of users that have the articulating screen are actually using it or how much they do use it. I have maybe used it twice and I found it struggled to grab focus vs. using the view finder.

I didn't buy the 60D for the articulating screen. It was an upgrade from my Rebel XT to a semi-pro camera that will suit my needs at the price I could afford. I debated with the T2i but the extra features made it worth it for me. I guess I can see the complaint for those already in that lineup, but it does make a nice upgrade, which is where I'm coming from. I absolutely love the camera.

Gear List

DonSantos
249 posts
Joined Jan 2011

May 10, 2011 02:00 as a reply to  @ CanonEOS's post |  #70

60d is a good camera for beginners.

Current Gear: 5Dc | Canon 20-35mm | Canon 35mm 2.0 | 85mm 1.8 | 420EX
Previous Gear: 40d | 50d | Tokina 19-35mm | Sigma 30mm | Canon 50mm 1.4 | Canon 50mm 1.8 | 135L
Flickr (external link)

CanonEOS
700 posts
Joined Mar 2011

May 10, 2011 02:07 |  #71
bannedPermanent ban

That's right a good mid-range camera better then a entry-level camera 550D/T2i

DonSantos wrote in post #12380871 (external link)
60d is a good camera for beginners.

Gear List

Canon_Lover
Goldmember
2,695 posts
Joined Jan 2011

May 10, 2011 02:16 |  #72

CanonEOS wrote in post #12380674 (external link)
You are a strange member one minute you want to break your 60D camera the next you show me pictures taken by someone like you who don't understand how the camera or lens works.?

Exactly! :lol::lol::lol:

My 500PX (external link)

les_au
739 posts
Gallery: 2 photos
Joined Jan 2005

May 10, 2011 02:28 |  #73

CanonEOS wrote in post #12379992 (external link)
One of Canon best design was the articulated screen on a DSLR I never understood why we have viewfinders, because all the camera settings are in the LCD or top LCD on some cameras, a P&S camera most people still buy

Bye

try holding an slr at arms length with some like a sigma 150-500 and focus using the lcd on the back of the camera. but i can see where a pivoting display would be handy

gear list

CanonEOS
700 posts
Joined Mar 2011

May 10, 2011 05:53 |  #74
bannedPermanent ban

If I had a lens at 150-500mm I just use a strong ballhead tripod. and then flip out my articulated screen on my 60D and take the picture but I wouldn't buy the SIGMA APO 150-500mm F5-6.3 DG OS HSM, I would buy Canon EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6L IS USM lens I know it's white/gray but many people will come up to me thinking I am professional, hehehe :lol::lol: just joking

I am not really into big lens at this time. but maybe in the future I will change my mind

les_au wrote in post #12380951 (external link)
try holding an slr at arms length with some like a sigma 150-500 and focus using the lcd on the back of the camera. but i can see where a pivoting display would be handy

Gear List

cputeq007
570 posts
Joined Dec 2008

May 10, 2011 07:02 |  #75

You guys are going way too deep into the thought here. The title is why do some people think the 60D is not worth getting? Pretty easy really:

1) The Nikon D7000. It came out around the same time as the 60D and is a huge upgrade from the D90, which is what it was replacing. At least on paper, it had everything and the kitchen sink and had microadjustment.

2) Canon, meanwhile, removed MA from the 60D, "downgraded" the body to plastic, lowered the fps slightly and gave it a swivel screen. A lot of people see swivel screens as "dumbing down" of the camera (personally I love them), so that now the 60D is a glorified Rebel instead of a semi-pro model like the XXD line used to be. They refuse to accept the fact Canon is clearly distinguishing the XXD line from their baby 7D line.

Those reasons, folks, are why the 60D is seen by some as a disappointment. In and of itself, it's surely not a bad camera. But, look at the situations under which it was released (same time as D7000) and look at the things Canon did compared to the 50D line, and people see it as a camera that Canon dropped the ball on.

Flickr (external link)
I own camera stuff

sponsored links

21,945 views & 0 likes for this thread
Why do (some) ppl think 60D not worth getting?
FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EOS Digital Cameras 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.