Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos RAW, Post Processing & Printing 
Thread started 14 May 2011 (Saturday) 11:21
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Zoombrowser and raw

ukcyberboy
613 posts
Joined Mar 2010

May 14, 2011 11:21 |  #1

I recently upgraded zoombrowser and raw, now I cannot convert raw images to view everything.OS windows 7 32bit.
Any help would be great.

Body | Canon 6D |
Lens | Yongnuo 50mm 1.8 |
Lens | Canon 28-70 2.8 L |
Lens | Canon 70-200is F4 L |
Lighting | Yongnuo YN600RX |
Accessories | Various Bits |​

sponsored links
ChasP505
"brain damaged old guy"
5,566 posts
Joined Dec 2006

May 14, 2011 12:31 |  #2

Use DPP.

Chas P
"It doesn't matter how you get there if you don't know where you're going!"https://photography-on-the.net …p?p=10864029#po​st10864029

ukcyberboy
THREAD ­ STARTER
613 posts
Joined Mar 2010

May 15, 2011 03:48 as a reply to  @ ChasP505's post |  #3

Hi
I do use DPP for alterations, but I did like the way I could click the image, press the button to convert (thats whats gone) and open it out to full raw size.
Any ideas as to how or what may be wrong?

Body | Canon 6D |

René ­ Damkot
Cream of the Crop
39,856 posts
Joined Feb 2005

May 15, 2011 08:30 |  #4

The "Batch Process" button in DPP (if that's what you're referring to) moved from far right to next to the other buttons.

"I think the idea of art kills creativity" - Douglas Adams
Why Color Management.
Color Problems? Click here.
MySpace (external link)
Get Colormanaged (external link)
Twitter (external link)
PERSONAL MESSAGING REGARDING SELLING OR BUYING ITEMS WITH MEMBERS WHO HAVE NO POSTS IN FORUMS AND/OR WHO YOU DO NOT KNOW FROM FORUMS IS HEREBY DECLARED STRICTLY STUPID AND YOU WILL GET BURNED.

ukcyberboy
THREAD ­ STARTER
613 posts
Joined Mar 2010

May 15, 2011 08:48 as a reply to  @ René Damkot's post |  #5

No, but thanks.
What I mean is when you open Zoombrowser and you have a Raw file, i was able to double click to open in a new window, the ability to increase the size is greyed out. I used to have a button that would convert raw to tiff so I could see the whole image.
After this latest update I cannot.
Thanks

Body | Canon 6D |

tkerr
Goldmember
3,042 posts
Joined Mar 2010

May 15, 2011 09:19 |  #6

ukcyberboy wrote in post #12412588 (external link)
No, but thanks.
What I mean is when you open Zoombrowser and you have a Raw file, i was able to double click to open in a new window, the ability to increase the size is greyed out. I used to have a button that would convert raw to tiff so I could see the whole image.
After this latest update I cannot.
Thanks

Yep, You're right. There are a couple other things that don't work the way they are supposed to any more either.

On Edit:
I'm using Windows 7 64 bit, if that makes any difference.

I don't really use Zoom Browser and I'm seriously considering removing it from my computer. But I do like to keep current on these things just for this sort of thing to see if I can somehow help someone out if needed, otherwise I see no real use for it. If you must see your images in full size,(pixel peeping), you can do that with DPP where you will need to take your image if you want to do any corrections/editing anyways.

Tim Kerr
Money Talks, But all I hear mine saying is, Goodbye!
F1, try it you'll like it.

tonylong
...winded
54,657 posts
Gallery: 60 photos
Joined Sep 2007

May 15, 2011 18:44 |  #7

I don't have experience with the older versions of the Canon software -- I've only been using it for the past year or so, so I may need some "putting straight" here, but if I'm correct older versions of ZoomBrowser used to be "hooked up" with Raw Image Task which offered a direct way to do simple Raw stuff. But, RIT is no longer part of the package. Now, the only way of working on the Raw image from ZoomBrowser is to use the Tools/Process Image(s) in Digital Photo Professional command or just open the images in Digital Photo Profession. I gather that this is the approach because DPP is the app that Canon puts all its Raw effort and improvements into and RIT just can't keep the support for new features and new cameras.

So, if you really want the RIT functionality, I'd re-install ZoomBrowser from the original CD (along with RIT if needed) and keep the newer version of DPP for "serious" Raw processing.

Tony
Two Canon cameras (5DC, 30D), three Canon lenses (24-105, 100-400, 100mm macro)
Tony Long Photos on PBase (external link)
Wildlife project pics here (external link), Biking Photog shoots here (external link), "Suburbia" project here (external link)! Mount St. Helens, Mount Hood pics here (external link)

tzalman
Fatal attraction.
13,481 posts
Joined Apr 2005

May 16, 2011 00:32 |  #8

I don't know if I am remembering this correctly, but I think I remember reading about a year ago that ZB had stopped supporting EOS cameras. For years ZB had supported all the Canons that offer RAW - Powershots, G series and EOS while DPP serviced only EOS and recently the latest Gs, then they decided to end the redundancy.

Elie / אלי

J_R2
115 posts
Joined Dec 2008

May 16, 2011 01:15 |  #9

ukcyberboy wrote in post #12408322 (external link)
I recently upgraded zoombrowser and raw, now I cannot convert raw images to view everything.OS windows 7 32bit.
Any help would be great.

You can still use ZoomBrowser for simple raw adjustments. The latest DSLR camera that is supported is the 40D/1D MIII. As mentioned above, Raw Image Task ( RIT ) is the name of the software used for editing raw files in earlier versions of ZB. RIT simulates in-camera JPEG`s.

From Canon`s website: RAW Image Task (for RAW image processing) is not included in the ZoomBrowser EX 6.7.2 Updater software. When using RAW Image Task in ZoomBrowser EX 6.6.0d, after installing ZoomBrowser EX 6.7.2 Updater, download and install ZoomBrowser EX 6.1.1a Updater.

1. Install the latest version of ZoomBrowser.

2. Download and Install ZB EX 6.1.1a updater from here:
http://www.usa.canon.c​om …os_40d#DriversA​ndSoftware (external link)

Voila, you will now be able to use ZB to convert raw files :)

tonylong
...winded
54,657 posts
Joined Sep 2007

May 16, 2011 01:28 |  #10

The version of ZoomBrowser that I have installed is 6.4.1. I does fine with browsing the Raw files from my 5D Classic and my 1D3, but for any editing you have to open them in DPP. So, I think the OP had an older version that had RIT included, at least that is my non-first-hand take on it.

Tony
Wildlife project pics here (external link), Biking Photog shoots here (external link), "Suburbia" project here (external link)! Mount St. Helens, Mount Hood pics here (external link)

J_R2
115 posts
Joined Dec 2008

May 16, 2011 01:48 as a reply to  @ tonylong's post |  #11

That is right, Tony. If he install ZB v6.1.1a he will get back what he lost. It will only install RIT and not make any other changes to ZB. Actually, RIT is a nice piece of software for simple adjustments and making conversions. I still use it now and then. There are several versions of RIT and the latest one is v3.3.0.5, the one you get from ZB 6.1.1a

tonylong
...winded
54,657 posts
Joined Sep 2007

May 16, 2011 02:21 |  #12

J_R2 wrote in post #12417518 (external link)
That is right, Tony. If he install ZB v6.1.1a he will get back what he lost. It will only install RIT and not make any other changes to ZB. Actually, RIT is a nice piece of software for simple adjustments and making conversions. I still use it now and then. There are several versions of RIT and the latest one is v3.3.0.5, the one you get from ZB 6.1.1a

So, to be clear: what is the latest camera that RIT supported?

Tony

J_R2
115 posts
Joined Dec 2008

May 16, 2011 02:33 as a reply to  @ tonylong's post |  #13

I do not know about smaller cameras like the G-series but DSLR`s that is still supported by RIT is the 1Ds MkIII, 1D MkIII, 5D classic and the 40D. Newer DSLR`s are not supported. Older ones is of course supported.

tonylong
...winded
54,657 posts
Joined Sep 2007

May 16, 2011 03:20 |  #14

J_R2 wrote in post #12417624 (external link)
I do not know about smaller cameras like the G-series but DSLR`s that is still supported by RIT is the 1Ds MkIII, 1D MkIII, 5D classic and the 40D. Newer DSLR`s are not supported. Older ones is of course supported.

Yeah, I thought it was something like that. For me, I prefer the DPP workflow for the 5DC and the 1D3, so nothing has changed.

Tony

ukcyberboy
THREAD ­ STARTER
613 posts
Joined Mar 2010

May 16, 2011 03:30 |  #15

J_R2 wrote in post #12417419 (external link)
You can still use ZoomBrowser for simple raw adjustments. The latest DSLR camera that is supported is the 40D/1D MIII. As mentioned above, Raw Image Task ( RIT ) is the name of the software used for editing raw files in earlier versions of ZB. RIT simulates in-camera JPEG`s.

From Canon`s website: RAW Image Task (for RAW image processing) is not included in the ZoomBrowser EX 6.7.2 Updater software. When using RAW Image Task in ZoomBrowser EX 6.6.0d, after installing ZoomBrowser EX 6.7.2 Updater, download and install ZoomBrowser EX 6.1.1a Updater.

1. Install the latest version of ZoomBrowser.

2. Download and Install ZB EX 6.1.1a updater from here:
http://www.usa.canon.c​om …os_40d#DriversA​ndSoftware (external link)

Hi
I just downloaded this and sorry no go, I just liked the fact I could open up and look at the eyes etc. for sharpness.
I find that when I open DDP the pictres look washed out.
If I use DDP and make alterations to my RAW file, when viewed, in zoombrowser will the file be the altered one?

Body | Canon 6D |

sponsored links

4,405 views & 0 likes for this thread
Zoombrowser and raw
FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos RAW, Post Processing & Printing 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.