Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS General Gear Talk Camera Bags, Backpacks & Cases 
Thread started 14 May 2011 (Saturday) 21:19
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Show Me Your Camera Strap.

nunpuia
Hatchling
2 posts
Joined May 2011

May 15, 2011 08:34 |  #31

Wow.. What a Gr8 3 Camera.. I love THose.. i wish i can can buy :) . Right Now I use Canon EOS 550D with lens kit 18 - 55 mm and. Not so Good Zoom lens 55 - 250 mm IS . Also i have 220EX Flash gun haha

sponsored links
x_tan
Cream of the Crop
8,147 posts
Gallery: 137 photos
Best ofs: 3
Joined Sep 2010

May 15, 2011 08:39 |  #32

katodog wrote in post #12410964 (external link)
QUOTED IMAGE

SEAL Team Six guy.

Photography is under cover job only.

Canon 5D3 + Zoom (EF 17-40L, 24-105L & 28-300L, 100-400L II) & Prime (24L II, 85L II, 100L, 135L & 200 f/2.8L II; Zeiss 1,4/35)
Sony α7r + Zeiss 1,8/55 FE
Nikon Coolpix A; Nikon F3 & F100 + Zeiss 1,4/50
Retiring  (external link)

MR ­ do ­ little
Goldmember
2,399 posts
Joined Oct 2008

May 15, 2011 08:39 |  #33
bannedPermanent ban

Grentz wrote in post #12412504 (external link)
Wow, you guys are harsh.

Harsh lol Just opinions simple as that. Ed's initial post kind of invited them...:lol:

Regards
Paul L.

katodog
Goldmember
4,122 posts
Gallery: 2 photos
Joined Nov 2008

May 15, 2011 08:45 |  #34

Grentz wrote in post #12412504 (external link)
Wow, you guys are harsh. Use what you like and what works for you and your requirements. Some of us carry one camera, some 3 or 4. We also all have our own style for carrying and using our gear that makes us most comfortable.

The idea is to have gear that does not hold you back and performs when requested too. The photographer is where the creativity, skill, and results ultimately come from.

Which is why I said this...

katodog wrote in post #12412221 (external link)
I won't say anything about someone elses carry solutions, to me if it gets the job done for you that's all that matter. My personal opinion from experience tells me that I will never use straps again. That doesn't mean you can't use straps and love them, go for it, if it works I don't knock it.

x_tan wrote in post #12412543 (external link)
SEAL Team Six guy.

Photography is under cover job only.

Shhh, it's a secret. I wasn't actually at the arboretum, I was getting ready to sneak up on Osama and take his picture. But now that you know that I have to kill you.

MR do little wrote in post #12412544 (external link)
Harsh lol Just opinions simple as that. Ed's initial post kind of invited them...:lol:

Sure, blame it on me...

The only stupid question is the one that goes unasked - Photographers shoot to thrill, not to kill
My Gear- Flickr (external link) - Facebook (external link) - Smoke Photography - - Sound-Activated Paint

katodog
Goldmember
4,122 posts
Joined Nov 2008

May 15, 2011 08:47 |  #35

And my original post stands...Straps suck

...actual straps are old news, and they suck compared to what the CC offers (just my educated experienced opinion)...

sorry if I made your strap cry.

The only stupid question is the one that goes unasked - Photographers shoot to thrill, not to kill
My Gear- Flickr (external link) - Facebook (external link) - Smoke Photography - - Sound-Activated Paint

MR ­ do ­ little
Goldmember
2,399 posts
Joined Oct 2008

May 15, 2011 08:49 |  #36
bannedPermanent ban

katodog wrote in post #12412573 (external link)
Sure, blame it on me...

Ed you come into thread (which refers to camera straps) and pretty much states they are crap and post a image of your self armed to the teeth like action man and you expect us not to swallow the bait ?

Im simply not strong enough to resist...hahaha:lol:

Regards
Paul L.

MR ­ do ­ little
Goldmember
2,399 posts
Joined Oct 2008

May 15, 2011 08:52 |  #37
bannedPermanent ban

katodog wrote in post #12412579 (external link)
sorry if I made your strap cry.

Oh you didn't make the strap cry, you made me cry. I cried (tears of joy and laughter) after watching your youtube clips as well as the official CC clips.

Quite similar expression (blank) and for some reason you both burst your cameras like they are machine guns..:lol:

Regards
Paul L.

Suddie1215
115 posts
Joined Oct 2007

May 15, 2011 08:52 |  #38

Ok, thanks for your response.

BTW, if I wanted to be ignorant I could have made a "hooters" joke.

katodog wrote in post #12412377 (external link)
Okay, I understand, but maybe next time you should choose your wording a bit more carefully. Simply coming out with a statement that makes someone think you're making comments about being fat, to me that's ignorant. Next time make sure you don't make that mistake.

As for it acting like added weight, you don't really feel it much, the weight is around the waist belt, and not on your shoulders, so any weight you may feel isn't uncomfortable. I actually don't feel the weight of that gear much at all to be honest, never gave it much thought. When I carry just the gear on the Cotton Carrier anyway, with the backpack on I feel the weight of the backpack more than the weight of my gear on the CC. The most you feel is the compression of the waist belt around your body, and that really doesn't do much for adding any discomfort.

I wish it'd act like ankle weights or a weight vest, then maybe I wouldn't be so fat. :D

katodog
Goldmember
4,122 posts
Joined Nov 2008

May 15, 2011 09:55 |  #39

Suddie1215 wrote in post #12412600 (external link)
Ok, thanks for your response.

BTW, if I wanted to be ignorant I could have made a "hooters" joke.

But then I'd get offended because I'd think you were talking about my hooters, and not the Hooters waitress.

She is purtty though, isn't she...

IMAGE: http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4129/4965879052_4db6c1ce5c_b.jpg
IMAGE LINK: http://www.flickr.com/​photos/katodog/4965879​052/  (external link)
Hooters 0905 075 (external link) by Ed Durbin (Katodog) (external link), on Flickr

IMAGE: http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4109/4965274895_8b8a0d04f2_b.jpg
IMAGE LINK: http://www.flickr.com/​photos/katodog/4965274​895/  (external link)
Hooters 0905 057 (external link) by Ed Durbin (Katodog) (external link), on Flickr

MR ­ do ­ little
Goldmember
2,399 posts
Joined Oct 2008

May 15, 2011 10:15 |  #40
bannedPermanent ban

Pretty no doubt, Im not so sure the images make her justice though.

#1 Racoon eye's

#2 Those legs belongs to the women with the upper body tan that match. (i suspect it's your selective pp that is at fault ?)

Regards
Paul L.

x_tan
Cream of the Crop
8,147 posts
Gallery: 137 photos
Best ofs: 3
Joined Sep 2010

May 15, 2011 10:22 |  #41

I wouldn't show this photo to my wife If I shoot this one :cool:

VERY VERY NICE JOB!!!

Canon 5D3 + Zoom (EF 17-40L, 24-105L & 28-300L, 100-400L II) & Prime (24L II, 85L II, 100L, 135L & 200 f/2.8L II; Zeiss 1,4/35)
Sony α7r + Zeiss 1,8/55 FE
Nikon Coolpix A; Nikon F3 & F100 + Zeiss 1,4/50
Retiring  (external link)

Pi_314
365 posts
Joined Dec 2010

May 15, 2011 10:24 as a reply to  @ katodog's post |  #42

I think I'll stay on topic and show off my strap Lest I post up a jock strap, or talk about G-Strings. bw!
Made it myself and it didn't cost a dime. It hooks into a harness, which is a task in progress. Worked out downright nice, as the lens and camera nestle against a lens case on my belt when it hangs, thusly it doesn' jostle around while I walk. The strap is short, which also helps to keep it in place when it hangs. Wasn't planning on this, but when I have my 70-200 hooked up there is a tension on the strap when shooting, turns out that it helps immensely to steady the camera.

IMAGE NOT FOUND
IMAGE IS A REDIRECT OR MISSING!
HTTP response: NOT FOUND | MIME changed to 'image/gif' | Redirected to error image by FLICKR

katodog
Goldmember
4,122 posts
Joined Nov 2008

May 15, 2011 10:46 |  #43

MR do little wrote in post #12412930 (external link)
Pretty no doubt, Im not so sure the images make her justice though.

#1 Racoon eye's

#2 Those legs belongs to the women with the upper body tan that match. (i suspect it's your selective pp that is at fault ?)

Apologies for the slight topic derail. The raccoon eyes I can deal with, it's easy to fix in processing. However, I didn't feel it really overwhelmed the shot so I left it as-is. The "tan" legs is due to the girls having to wear nylons, and a lot of the time they come out way to dark in photos. Haven't quite got the processing for nylons fingered out yet.

kokakaste2
Goldmember
3,546 posts
Joined Jan 2008

May 15, 2011 11:01 as a reply to  @ katodog's post |  #44

Get this thread back to the topic :P

IMAGE NOT FOUND
IMAGE IS A REDIRECT OR MISSING!
HTTP response: NOT FOUND | MIME changed to 'image/gif' | Redirected to error image by FLICKR

IMAG0028 (external link) by Oskars Lablaiks (external link), on Flickr

Holds 5D mkII + 24-70L great. :)

Oskar (Oscar) - stuff I use- Flickr (external link) - My Facebook page (external link) :)

MR ­ do ­ little
Goldmember
2,399 posts
Joined Oct 2008

May 15, 2011 11:02 |  #45
bannedPermanent ban

Or you could attach a pop up reflector to the CC im sure there is rooms somewhere..:-)

The nylons would explain the odd looking legs for sure, if it look as bad in reality as in the photo i feel sorry for the girls. Is there a reason why ? I mean the whole purpose of hiring these girls are to show them off, why hide their legs ?

Regards
Paul L.

sponsored links

142,144 views & 4 likes for this thread
Show Me Your Camera Strap.
FORUMS General Gear Talk Camera Bags, Backpacks & Cases 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.