Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Leica Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Leica Cameras 
Thread started 23 May 2011 (Monday) 11:53
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Leica Lovers Anonymous

Echo63
Goldmember
2,868 posts
Joined Aug 2006

May 05, 2014 06:27 |  #2041

nice pic Fricks !

heres two of mine from today/tonight

Claisebrook cove, with Perth CBD in the background

PHOTOBUCKET EMBEDDING IS DISABLED BY THIS MEMBER.
Photobucket sends ads instead of embedding photos from their free galleries.
Click the link (if available) below to see the image in a gallery page.

http://i103.photobucke​t.com …/BENC2977_zps9c​374a1a.jpg (external link)

and Perth again, St Georges Tce looking up

http://i103.photobucke​t.com …/BENC2944_zpsff​43f9ee.jpg (external link)

My Best Imageswww.echo63.deviantart.​com (external link)
Gear listhttps://photography-on-the.net …p?p=2463426&pos​tcount=385

sponsored links
edge100
Goldmember
1,920 posts
Joined Jan 2010

May 05, 2014 18:28 as a reply to  @ Echo63's post |  #2042

IMAGE: http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7197/13930252757_a14e85e855_z.jpg
IMAGE LINK: http://flic.kr/p/ndYbP​F  (external link) No Line on the Horizon by -Michael Fraser Photography- (external link)

Street and editorial photography in Toronto, Canada (external link)
Mirrorless: Fujifilm X-Pro1
Film: Leica MP | Leica M2 | CV Nokton 35/1.4 | CV Nokton 40 f/1.4 | Leitz Summitar 50 f/2 | Canon 50 f/1.2 LTM | Mamiya 7 | Mamiya 80 f/4.0 | Mamiya 150 f/4.5 | Mamiya 43 f/4.5
How to get good colour from C-41 film scans (external link)

Digitizing film with a digital camera (external link)

kf095
Cream of the Crop
6,511 posts
Gallery: 12 photos
Joined Dec 2009

May 05, 2014 23:38 as a reply to  @ edge100's post |  #2043

IMAGE: https://farm3.staticflickr.com/2907/14113148081_c174359b59_o.jpg
IMAGE LINK: https://flic.kr/p/nv8z​ek  (external link) Bathroom black and white. (external link) by Ko.Fe. (external link), on Flickr

Old Site (external link). M-E and ME blog (external link). Film Flickr (external link). my DigitaL and AnaLog Gear.

Echo63
Goldmember
2,868 posts
Joined Aug 2006

May 06, 2014 02:40 |  #2044

Hahaha - love the voigtlander cap over your other eye !

kf095
Cream of the Crop
6,511 posts
Joined Dec 2009

May 06, 2014 10:44 |  #2045

Echo63 wrote in post #16885193 (external link)
Hahaha - love the voigtlander cap over your other eye !

Where else do I keep it?! :D

Old Site (external link). M-E and ME blog (external link). Film Flickr (external link). my DigitaL and AnaLog Gear.

Echo63
Goldmember
2,868 posts
Joined Aug 2006

May 06, 2014 11:47 |  #2046

kf095 wrote in post #16885881 (external link)
Where else do I keep it?! :D

I dunno, Camera bag, Pocket, Box the lens came in !
:)

taemo
Goldmember
1,243 posts
Joined Sep 2011

May 06, 2014 15:01 |  #2047

lol kf095.
what light meter is that one hanging on your neck?

earldieta.com (external link) - flickr (external link) - tumblr (external link) - gear/feedback
the spirit is willing but the body is sore and squishy
4 digital cameras | 14 film cameras

kf095
Cream of the Crop
6,511 posts
Joined Dec 2009

May 06, 2014 15:29 |  #2048

taemo wrote in post #16886411 (external link)
lol kf095.
what light meter is that one hanging on your neck?

Old Sekonic.

IMAGE: https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-ok_yN26iOnE/UovSiYdq-hI/AAAAAAAAmQw/4U3a_Q7ZbEQ/w640-h418-no/Seconic.JPG

Purchased locally from OO for $5. It is accurate but takes long time to operate and attention is needed.

Replaced it with TwinMatte 208L by now.

Echo63
Goldmember
2,868 posts
Joined Aug 2006

May 08, 2014 06:16 as a reply to  @ kf095's post |  #2049

Heres 2 from the other day, I went out to a job early specifically to shoot this street art on the way.

the "Public Transport Authority" has commissioned artists to paint some of their walls that typically get tagged and look terrible, with some artwork.
these typically don't get tagged, as the vandals respect the time and effort the artists have put in to the work, the end result is a nicer looking underpasses and train station walls.

this is a train line underpass, next to the Claremont Showgrounds in Western Australia

this one is a 9 frame Panorama, shot vertically, stitched and cropped a little

http://i103.photobucke​t.com …/BENC3000_zps4d​27290c.jpg (external link)

and this was as i was walking back to the car, and saw the skateboarder, so set up and grabbed a shot as he walked past the artwork.
to give a sense of scale to the artwork, the 2m high (6 foot) flood depth marker in this pic, can also be seen in the first pic, halfway along the far wall of the underpass.

http://i103.photobucke​t.com …/BENC3001_zps77​797c69.jpg (external link)

I am amazed by the talents some street artists show, the skill they show wielding a spray can as their tool of choice (but i also realise that it is the medium with which they choose to express themselves, like i do with my photography, and its taken a lot of practice)

airfrogusmc
I'm a chimper. There I said it...
36,335 posts
Gallery: 147 photos
Best ofs: 6
Joined May 2007

May 08, 2014 13:35 |  #2050

#2 Echo

Echo63
Goldmember
2,868 posts
Joined Aug 2006

May 08, 2014 23:26 |  #2051

airfrogusmc wrote in post #16890813 (external link)
#2 Echo

:) i like that one too.
the pano looks better the bigger it is, i think i will try and get an 8" high print done on the printer at work

Echo63
Goldmember
2,868 posts
Joined Aug 2006

May 09, 2014 11:12 as a reply to  @ Echo63's post |  #2052

Had a play with the new Leica T tonight (dropped into my local camera shop, and the rep was there ahead of the launch party a bit later on)

for a camera i wasn't interested in, and was certain i would dislike, i am actually very impressed.

It is bigger than it looks in pictures - which was my first surprise

it feels nice in the hand, nice and solid feeling, with a good weight to it (like an M) although the corners are a little sharp - i would prefer to have a deeper chamfer cut the whole way round the top and bottom, rather than a fuss made over the 45min hand polishing process, but i didn't have any issues with the edges digging into me either

it is simple to use, the touch screen system make it pretty simple to interact with, although i do prefer buttons.

the click in strap is a cool feature, releasing it requires a pin tool (like you would use to release the simcard tray on an iPhone) which means it shouldn't release accidentally.
it will probably reduce the ability to add a 3rd party strap though, at least till someone builds some adapters, i didn't really like the straps options i saw though (all silicon, like a "live strong" bracelet)

i didn't get a chance to put a memory card in to take some pics home to look at, and i didn't get a chance to play with the visoflex either.

all in all, i quite like it, but i won't be buying one - i only recently got my M, and i do prefer the "proper" layout and feel of using the M (rangefinder, dedicated SS and Aperture dials, and real buttons that can be touched without looking)
if i were looking for Mirrorless/EVIL camera, it would certainly be on my list for a closer look.

edge100
Goldmember
1,920 posts
Joined Jan 2010

May 09, 2014 15:20 |  #2053

Echo63 wrote in post #16892809 (external link)
if i were looking for Mirrorless/EVIL camera, it would certainly be on my list for a closer look.

Seriously?

What does the T do that other mirrorless cameras cannot do (and for vastly less money)? Except for the admittedly wonderful styling and build quality, how is the T better than an X-T1 or A7r? To my knowledge, we have no evidence that its better with rangefinder glass (though one might expect so). Perhaps for that use, its worth a look.

But $2000 for a 23/2 lens is madness; I don't care if Oskar Barnack's ghost personally licked each copy.

The M is priced right, because it does something no other camera can do, and it does it very, very well.

But the T is a "me too" camera if ever I saw one.

Street and editorial photography in Toronto, Canada (external link)
Mirrorless: Fujifilm X-Pro1
Film: Leica MP | Leica M2 | CV Nokton 35/1.4 | CV Nokton 40 f/1.4 | Leitz Summitar 50 f/2 | Canon 50 f/1.2 LTM | Mamiya 7 | Mamiya 80 f/4.0 | Mamiya 150 f/4.5 | Mamiya 43 f/4.5
How to get good colour from C-41 film scans (external link)

Digitizing film with a digital camera (external link)

Echo63
Goldmember
2,868 posts
Joined Aug 2006

May 09, 2014 21:33 |  #2054

edge100 wrote in post #16893366 (external link)
Seriously?

What does the T do that other mirrorless cameras cannot do (and for vastly less money)? Except for the admittedly wonderful styling and build quality, how is the T better than an X-T1 or A7r? To my knowledge, we have no evidence that its better with rangefinder glass (though one might expect so). Perhaps for that use, its worth a look.

But $2000 for a 23/2 lens is madness; I don't care if Oskar Barnack's ghost personally licked each copy.

The M is priced right, because it does something no other camera can do, and it does it very, very well.

But the T is a "me too" camera if ever I saw one.

It feels right.

Looking at them practically, i would end up with an XT1 or OMD-EM1.

But i buy cameras with my heart as much as my mind, things like the way a camera feels or how its menu works are just as important to me as resolution/iso performance etc (providing the cameras i am comparing are similar in performance)

Its why i got an M
For the same money i could have bought a 1DX and a lens, or a 5D3 and a couple of lenses
Or even a G1X and an epic holiday.
I bought the M though, and its a camera that i actually love, something i havent felt when picking up a camera before.

(And its not that i have too much money, the M has required a lot of scrimping and saving, although work does issue me a pair of cameras, so i do have the luxury of being able to buy a camera i want to use, not one i need to do my job)

Mornnb
Goldmember
1,646 posts
Gallery: 6 photos
Joined Aug 2012

May 09, 2014 22:55 as a reply to  @ Echo63's post |  #2055

Echo63 wrote in post #1689416 (external link)
I bought the M though, and its a camera that i actually love, something i havent felt when picking up a camera before.

I'm lucky enough to feel that way about the 5D Mark III. I don't know how a DSLR could be more perfect.

edge100 wrote in post #16893366 (external link)
Seriously?

Ohh come now, a X-T1 is about $1300, a Leica T $2300. It's not that much of a premium for build quality and design. It's no worse than your typical Apple premium. The Leica M though comes at a massive premium over a Sony A7, one which is hard to justify.

Canon 5D Mark III - Leica M240
EF 16-35mm F/4 IS L - EF 14mm f/2.8 L II - - EF 17mm TS-E L - EF 24-70mm f/2.8 L II - EF 70-200mm IS II f/2.8 L - Sigma 35mm f/1.4 Art - Sigma 85mm f/1.4 EX
Voigtlander 15mm III - 28mm Elmarit-M ASPH - 35mm f/1.4 Summilux-M FLE - 50mm f/1.4 Summilux-M ASPH
500px (external link)

sponsored links

717,937 views & 1,248 likes for this thread
Leica Lovers Anonymous
FORUMS Leica Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Leica Cameras 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.