Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Leica Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Leica Cameras 
Thread started 23 May 2011 (Monday) 11:53
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Leica Lovers Anonymous

airfrogusmc
I'm a chimper. There I said it...
36,502 posts
Gallery: 147 photos
Best ofs: 6
Joined May 2007
Post edited 1 month ago by airfrogusmc.

Jan 17, 2020 09:49 |  #3601

Just announced. New Leica M 10 Monochrom with a all new 40 mp sensor.
https://www.youtube.co​m/watch?v=4dM--MOxfD0 (external link)

sponsored links
Owain ­ Shaw
Some of my best friends are people.
2,394 posts
Gallery: 63 photos
Joined Aug 2006

Jan 18, 2020 07:53 |  #3602

They've pulled out all the stops with that one. I shall have to stick to Tri-X in my M4, though.

| New website. (external link) |
| Gear | Flickr (external link) |

REDDOTT
150 posts
Gallery: 4 photos
Joined May 2012

Jan 20, 2020 11:05 as a reply to  @ airfrogusmc's post |  #3603

Allen thanks for the link - afraid to watch it and what comes next. The M246 is so good. An M10 version would make the Monochrom even better but I'm not sure it warrants me replacing. What's your take as a Monochrom owner?

my name is rich / gear list
the older i get the more i realize how little i know

airfrogusmc
36,502 posts
Joined May 2007

Jan 20, 2020 14:20 |  #3604

REDDOTT wrote in post #18995257 (external link)
Allen thanks for the link - afraid to watch it and what comes next. The M246 is so good. An M10 version would make the Monochrom even better but I'm not sure it warrants me replacing. What's your take as a Monochrom owner?

I will be getting one at some point in the future. Probably late this year or early next year. The newly deigned sensor will be a big reason. Not so much for the resolution 40MPs but the fact is was designed to be a B&W sensor only. Not a sensor already made with the color array removed like the previous two were. Also good files at 25,000 ISO and usable at 50,000. My original MM tops out at 6400. It goes to 10,000 but it is really not that usable. I know that my M 10 is really good to about 12,500 but not much above that. This M 10 Mono is two stops better. And then there is the really quite shutter.

Owain ­ Shaw
2,394 posts
Joined Aug 2006
Post edited 1 month ago by Owain Shaw.

Jan 28, 2020 02:40 |  #3605

Waiting for my own Monochrom stuff to come back from the lab ... three rolls of Tri-X and one HP5 all pushed to 1600. It was fun shooting black and white film, and I can definitely see the appeal of the Monochrom. You really have to use your imagination to try and think in Black and White, or in tones, knowing that when you press the shutter any colour is gone forever. I found I ended up making pictures of certain things I wouldn't have bothered with had I been using colour film, and very rarely the reverse since I was mostly using the black and white film in Britain during the winter where there is far less colour than I'm used to now I live in Spain, and the weather is cloudier, more overcast and generally more suited to black and white anyway (hence buying the film).

These, however, are from a colour roll from early November - a lottery advert and a beer delivery truck. These two pictures would probably been fine on Black and White film but I find myself wanting to use Colour in Spain because generally speaking, there is a lot of nice colour and nice golden light to work with.

HOSTED PHOTO
please log in to view hosted photos in full size.

HOSTED PHOTO

Owain ­ Shaw
2,394 posts
Joined Aug 2006

Jan 31, 2020 17:07 |  #3606

Some pictures from the M4 Monochrom ... also known as Tri-X.

The second one actually came about because of the M4. Traffic came to a complete standstill on the M6 (motorway ... if you've driven it, you'll probably have been stuck in a traffic jam there) and when we heard the truck next to us switch off the engine we knew we weren't going anywhere fast and my Dad went to get some stuff from the boot; and I went to document the scene as was my responsibility. Turns out the trucker is also into Photography and asks whether I'm using a 35mm lens. A conversation then strikes up and I swap between chatting and documenting.

HOSTED PHOTO

HOSTED PHOTO

F5.6Guy
301 posts
Gallery: 107 photos
Joined Jan 2020

Feb 09, 2020 17:14 |  #3607

Just treated myself to a New D-Lux7 - I know I Know it's a rebadged Pany, but still at my age I want the Red Dot.. Happy snapping. L

mksurfer
22 posts
Gallery: 1 photo
Joined Mar 2017

Feb 15, 2020 13:26 |  #3608

Hi all! Here are a few that I shot with my M3 and Noct f1. Cinestill 50d All wide open with no adjustments made after scanning. I hope everyone is having a great weekend,

IMAGE: https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/48627892291_b5b1f6ab48_b.jpg

IMAGE: https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/48627892251_fb558d8f9a_b.jpg

IMAGE: https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/48628043012_a5516a457e_b.jpg

Some decent gear and not enough time to use it all.
flickr (external link)

airfrogusmc
36,502 posts
Joined May 2007

Feb 25, 2020 09:35 |  #3609

I found this interesting article comparing all three(MM, M246 and M 10 M) Leica M Monochroms.
http://www.jeffreyhugh​es.net …/leica_m10_mono​chrom.html (external link)

sponsored links

780,751 views & 1,271 likes for this thread
Leica Lovers Anonymous
FORUMS Leica Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Leica Cameras 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.