Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment People 
Thread started 12 Oct 2005 (Wednesday) 19:43
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Senior Shoot from Today

ryno4youth
734 posts
Joined Mar 2005

Oct 12, 2005 19:43 |  #1

Hey Guys,
Here is a link to some senior pictures that I took today. I think the shoot when well even though he almost completely refused to smile (I guess that is the cool thing to do), and here is one of the shots that I think turned out great, but it really isn't a normal shot. Please let me know what you honestly think. Thanks!

http://www.SchnellZach​.photoherald.com (external link)

HOSTED PHOTO
please log in to view hosted photos in full size.

Keep Lookin' Up!

20D (w/ Grip), DRebel (w/ Grip), Sigma 70-200mm f2.8, Canon 17-85mm IS USM, Canon 17-40 f4L, Sigma 28-105mm, Kit Lens, Nifty Fifty, Canon 75-300mm, 4GB Sandisk Ultra CF, 2GB Sandisk CF, 1GB Extreme CF, Hakuba HG-504MX Carbon Fiber Tripod, Slik Pistol Grip Head, Carbon Fiber Monopod, Sigma EF Super DG External Flash, Kata Backpack, POTN Neck Strap, etc.

Company Website: http://www.lindbeckpho​to.com (external link)
Capturing Memories, a thousand words at a time...

sponsored links
dazzlebea
Cream of the Crop
5,329 posts
Joined Aug 2005

Oct 12, 2005 21:57 |  #2

In my opinion the frame distracts from the shape of the back and that is a shame (is he a swimmer?). I would have also preferred if he wasn't slightly turned to the right. I like the pose though.

Zenfolio Gallery (external link)
Gear List

codex0
"Scut Farkus"
1,062 posts
Joined May 2005

Oct 12, 2005 23:45 |  #3

Frame kind of distracts me too, I'm afraid (particularly bottom corners). I like the darkness of the B+W conversion :)

Cody Goddard
[/U] Thanks in advance for comments and criticism.
CAMERAS! I USE CAMERAS!

ryno4youth
THREAD ­ STARTER
734 posts
Joined Mar 2005

Oct 13, 2005 02:12 |  #4

Thanks for the feedback guys. I made the frame as a demo, so I will not probably use it for much. Any more comments?

Keep Lookin' Up!

20D (w/ Grip), DRebel (w/ Grip), Sigma 70-200mm f2.8, Canon 17-85mm IS USM, Canon 17-40 f4L, Sigma 28-105mm, Kit Lens, Nifty Fifty, Canon 75-300mm, 4GB Sandisk Ultra CF, 2GB Sandisk CF, 1GB Extreme CF, Hakuba HG-504MX Carbon Fiber Tripod, Slik Pistol Grip Head, Carbon Fiber Monopod, Sigma EF Super DG External Flash, Kata Backpack, POTN Neck Strap, etc.

dragnfly1996
259 posts
Joined Jun 2005

Oct 13, 2005 14:03 |  #5

Those pictures came out nice considering he wouldn't smile. My favorite is #24.

-Jenn
40D, 20D, Canon 50mm 1.4, Tamron 28-75 2.8,Tamron 17-55 2.8, Canon 75-300mm 4-5.6, Speedlite 580 EXII & 420ex, Tamrac Expedition 5

ryno4youth
THREAD ­ STARTER
734 posts
Joined Mar 2005

Oct 14, 2005 06:55 as a reply to  @ dragnfly1996's post |  #6

dragnfly1996 wrote:
Those pictures came out nice considering he wouldn't smile. My favorite is #24.

Thanks so much. The black background worked out just right. The tattoo is great.

Keep Lookin' Up!

Sean-Mcr
Goldmember
1,813 posts
Joined Apr 2005

Oct 14, 2005 07:05 |  #7

I think you've done pretty well there. The kids obviously an aspiring model, and he better learn that the photographer dictates what the model does, and you need to learn to dictate to models if that's where your photographic interests are. I actually find most people smiling in that sort of setting a bit cheesy but that’s a subjective thing. If you wanted him to smile then he should have smiled

I don't know what good composition is.... Sometimes for me composition has to do with a certain brightness or a certain coming to restness and other times it has to do with funny mistakes. There's a kind of rightness and wrongness and sometimes I like rightness and sometimes I like wrongness. Diane Arbus

http://www.pbase.com/s​ean_mcr (external link)

Actionphotog
654 posts
Joined Jun 2005

Oct 14, 2005 17:07 |  #8

Nice Work. I looked at the album and very good work. Don't know if you have cropped most of the photo or not, but I shot a wider photo and this is because you never know what the kids will want printed on the sides of the photos, i.e. name or year or "Go Team", etc.
I've been doing seniors for a couple years now and most of the guys and a few of the girls will not smile and since they are paying for this service they can do what they want ... you can't make them smile.
The frame is a good choice for this kinda pose or any of the photos.
Having Samples of the different frames is good.
Keep up the good work!

Graeme Davies
Mountain Memories Photography & Internet Access
~ A whole lot of lens, Non-Digital & Digital Studio strobe and a whole lot of props~

Robert564
55 posts
Joined Sep 2005

Oct 14, 2005 18:54 |  #9

I like #29 best. Less body, more attitude.

20D (external link)
24-105 (external link) f/4L IS | 70-300 (external link) f/4.5-5.6 DO IS |
70-200 (external link) f/2.8L
A few photo's are here (external link)

Sean-Mcr
Goldmember
1,813 posts
Joined Apr 2005

Oct 14, 2005 21:02 as a reply to  @ Actionphotog's post |  #10

Actionphotog wrote:
I've been doing seniors for a couple years now and most of the guys and a few of the girls will not smile and since they are paying for this service they can do what they want ... you can't make them smile.

Ah! i thought it was the other way round :rolleyes: we all know the customer is always right:rolleyes:

I don't know what good composition is.... Sometimes for me composition has to do with a certain brightness or a certain coming to restness and other times it has to do with funny mistakes. There's a kind of rightness and wrongness and sometimes I like rightness and sometimes I like wrongness. Diane Arbus

http://www.pbase.com/s​ean_mcr (external link)

sponsored links

1,801 views & 0 likes for this thread
Senior Shoot from Today
FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment People 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.