Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Community Talk, Chatter & Official Stuff The Lounge 
Thread started 12 Jun 2011 (Sunday) 20:56
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Fixed Bike, Biking and Photography -- Pics and Two Questions!

vipergts831
Has the TF retired? Or just being utterly lazy?
44,129 posts
Gallery: 42 photos
Joined Apr 2009
Location: Taking better shots with an iPhone than MDJAK with a 1DX

Jun 27, 2011 13:36 |  #301

tonylong wrote in post #12665760 (external link)
Well then, where should we put the new thread? It seems it's either in the Urban section or...I haven't heard back from any of the folks on the Walk a Mile thread.

You knoiw the thought occurs to me that we could keep this thread going to chat more about biking since much of the posts here are from the biking enthusiastic viewpoint:)! I'd like to see a photo sharing thread that is about the photo sharing!

I think we could keep them one in the same. The conversation in the photo sharing thread would eventually turn to biking and back to the photos continuously. I know i would bring it up :lol:

Transportation could be a candidate section or even remaining right here in the lounge :)

-Omar- Flickr (external link) , 5px (external link)
Phaseone 645DF+...because only the best will make up for my lack of skills.
Beginners worry about gear, professionals worry about skill and masters worry about light

sponsored links
tonylong
THREAD ­ STARTER
...winded
54,657 posts
Gallery: 60 photos
Joined Sep 2007

Jun 27, 2011 13:41 |  #302

vipergts831 wrote in post #12665775 (external link)
I think we could keep them one in the same. The conversation in the photo sharing thread would eventually turn to biking and back to the photos continuously. I know i would bring it up :lol:

Hmm, do you think this thread should be moved or the new one started and just shut this one down or abandon it?

And now the name of a thread..."Bikography -- The Biking Photog In Action!" -- how 'bout that?

Tony
Two Canon cameras (5DC, 30D), three Canon lenses (24-105, 100-400, 100mm macro)
Tony Long Photos on PBase (external link)
Wildlife project pics here (external link), Biking Photog shoots here (external link), "Suburbia" project here (external link)! Mount St. Helens, Mount Hood pics here (external link)

vipergts831
44,129 posts
Joined Apr 2009

Jun 27, 2011 13:45 |  #303

tonylong wrote in post #12665802 (external link)
Hmm, do you think this thread should be moved or the new one started and just shut this one down or abandon it?

And now the name of a thread..."Bikography -- The Biking Photog In Action!" -- how 'bout that?

Hmm I like that title! I think we should start a new one. We could shut this one down with a link pointing everyone to the new thread. We could also PM everyone has contributed to this thread to add to the new one what they have done here. This way we can color up the new thread quickly and get it moving :)

Beginners worry about gear, professionals worry about skill and masters worry about light

tonylong
THREAD ­ STARTER
...winded
54,657 posts
Joined Sep 2007

Jun 27, 2011 14:01 |  #304

vipergts831 wrote in post #12665828 (external link)
Hmm I like that title! I think we should start a new one. We could shut this one down with a link pointing everyone to the new thread. We could also PM everyone has contributed to this thread to add to the new one what they have done here. This way we can color up the new thread quickly and get it moving :)

Well then, let me think of a meaningful thread introduction, and we can get it going!

Tony
Wildlife project pics here (external link), Biking Photog shoots here (external link), "Suburbia" project here (external link)! Mount St. Helens, Mount Hood pics here (external link)

Harm
I don't always post, but when I do, I drink Dos Equis....
48,710 posts
Gallery: 13 photos
Joined Jan 2008

Jun 27, 2011 14:06 |  #305

^ Get on your bikes!! (And take your cameras with you) etc. etc.

SmugMug (external link)

tonylong
THREAD ­ STARTER
...winded
54,657 posts
Joined Sep 2007

Jun 27, 2011 14:08 |  #306

Yup!

The thing I am pondering is whether to make some kind of guideline: less pic of gear at home, more pics from being "on the road" packing the camera...?

Tony

Harm
48,710 posts
Joined Jan 2008

Jun 27, 2011 14:16 |  #307

why not both? People have bikes at home. doesn't just have to be photos of "on the road". Gotta see just how you all pamper your bikes at home too :D:D

SmugMug (external link)

tonylong
THREAD ­ STARTER
...winded
54,657 posts
Joined Sep 2007

Jun 27, 2011 14:29 |  #308

Harm wrote in post #12665993 (external link)
why not both? People have bikes at home. doesn't just have to be photos of "on the road". Gotta see just how you all pamper your bikes at home too :D:D

Well, that's the question...

Tony

vipergts831
44,129 posts
Joined Apr 2009

Jun 27, 2011 14:30 |  #309

Im alright with both. I enjoy both sides of it :D It would lend itself to a very healthy thread. Keeps people active in participating and sharing. :)

tonylong
THREAD ­ STARTER
...winded
54,657 posts
Joined Sep 2007

Jun 27, 2011 14:32 |  #310

So, here's a thread intro I just typed up...what do you think?

Recently a thread started that was about restoring a damaged bicycle and using it, not just for transportation but for photography. It has stirred up some interest, because a number of folks here are not just enthusiastic about their photography but are active bicyclists as well!

You can see the activity here in the Biking Photog Thread -- we've been having fun!

And so we have decided to start a photo sharing thread that is dedicated to the joining of these two hobbies and sharing the results. This will be a thread dedicated to biking photography for those who, when you go out on your bikes, bring a camera and purpose to use it. This is the place to come back to and post your images.

I personally am pretty pumped about this and have started my own gallery/collection on my PBase Web host, The Biking Photog Gallery (external link).

So, come one, come all, you who love to get out on your bikes -- grab your camera and pack it with you and then prepare to stop and capture those images! On a bike, it is so easy to just pull over and stop, grab your camera and snap photos of things of interest that, if you were driving you may never even notice, have a way of pulling over, or just be too "in a hurry".

So this thread is for sharing those photos...ready, set, go!

Tony

TheLostVertex
520 posts
Joined May 2009

Jun 27, 2011 14:33 |  #311

tonylong wrote in post #12665947 (external link)
Yup!

The thing I am pondering is whether to make some kind of guideline: less pic of gear at home, more pics from being "on the road" packing the camera...?

I think I can get down with that. I would rather it be more about the traveling type shooting, not about shooting your gear.

I will go and gather a few resources for the new thread as to way to find good places to go biking and shooting at the same time. Stuff you help keep people moving. If anyone else has ideas to add that would be cool I think.

Steven R.
Flickr (external link)
500px (external link)

Harm
48,710 posts
Joined Jan 2008

Jun 27, 2011 14:36 |  #312

Sounds good, Tony. Now just name it

Get on your Bike #1

The big problem with only having a "find places to shoot when on your bike" thread, is that when winter kicks in, you're going to have very, very few photos. Just keep it open for now, and then fine tune it, if & when it becomes nice and popular.

SmugMug (external link)

TheLostVertex
520 posts
Joined May 2009

Jun 27, 2011 14:37 |  #313

Looks like a good intro tony. I am working on grabbing a few links to add. I dont know if you want them added in the intro, or if I shoudl jsut add a follow up post with some resources for trip and location planning.

Steven R.
Flickr (external link)
500px (external link)

tonylong
THREAD ­ STARTER
...winded
54,657 posts
Joined Sep 2007

Jun 27, 2011 14:42 |  #314

Toss out things and we can either put them in the intro or whatever works, as long as the thread itself is dedicated to photo sharing -- for non-photo sharing you can always post here!

So, as to the section, are we all agreen to Urban Life and Travel?

Tony

tonylong
THREAD ­ STARTER
...winded
54,657 posts
Joined Sep 2007
Post edited over 6 years ago by tonylong.

Jun 27, 2011 14:44 |  #315

Harm wrote in post #12666103 (external link)
Sounds good, Tony. Now just name it

Get on your Bike #1

The big problem with only having a "find places to shoot when on your bike" thread, is that when winter kicks in, you're going to have very, very few photos. Just keep it open for now, and then fine tune it, if & when it becomes nice and popular.

Yeah, you've got a point about winter! We'll have to play that by ear...what do biking enthusiasts here do about winter? Just park it?

Tony

sponsored links

27,695 views & 0 likes for this thread
Fixed Bike, Biking and Photography -- Pics and Two Questions!
FORUMS Community Talk, Chatter & Official Stuff The Lounge 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.