Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre Sports Talk 
Thread started 14 Jun 2011 (Tuesday) 07:31
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Behind the scenes kayaking shoot

Zilly
Cream of the Crop
5,086 posts
Joined Jul 2006

Jun 14, 2011 07:31 |  #1

Hey guys just posted a behind the scenes blog post on how I produced this

IMAGE NOT FOUND
IMAGE IS A REDIRECT OR MISSING!
HTTP response: 404 | MIME changed to 'text/html' | Byte size: ZERO

Its all about using big studio lights to do some pretty trick stuff, thought it might be of interest .

http://domromney.com …/05/kayaking-photography/ (external link)

Dom
Follow my adventures on twitter (external link)
Car Photography (external link)

sponsored links
primoz
POTN Sports Photographer of the year 2005
2,532 posts
Joined Dec 2004

Jun 14, 2011 10:47 |  #2

Well... I don't want to sound rude or something but... come on ;) It's all about using big studio lights, and this is result? With proper positioning on right place, this is something you can get on normal (sunny) day... including darker background.
And this is what you get on normal sunny day, without "big studio light" and on top of that during final run of World championships, where you are "a bit" restricted with your position and time. Not all that different ;)

IMAGE: http://www.photo.si/img/sport/spo_kayak_20100912nw_04044.jpg

IMAGE: http://www.photo.si/img/sport/spo_kayak_20100912nw_03784.jpg

PhotoSI (external link) | Latest sport photos (external link)http://www.photo.si (external link)

Zilly
THREAD ­ STARTER
Cream of the Crop
5,086 posts
Joined Jul 2006

Jun 14, 2011 11:38 |  #3

Following your logic on we might as well send uncle bob with his point and shoot as he can get similar shots and doesn't need paying.

And for the record , I do think your images are completely different and also shot for completely different reasons and I do think you were quite rude, but thats nothing new for this place.

but of course what do I know . . . .

Dom
Follow my adventures on twitter (external link)
Car Photography (external link)

vcrampton
171 posts
Joined Feb 2011

Jun 14, 2011 14:10 |  #4

Zilly wrote in post #12591880 (external link)
Following your logic on we might as well send uncle bob with his point and shoot as he can get similar shots and doesn't need paying.

And for the record , I do think your images are completely different and also shot for completely different reasons and I do think you were quite rude, but thats nothing new for this place.

but of course what do I know . . . .

I didn't get that (^^^^^^^^) impression from this ( \/ \/ \/ \/). Actually I tend to agree with primoz. I'd rather keep my sunlight and flexibility, but to each his own.

primoz wrote in post #12591557 (external link)
Well... I don't want to sound rude or something but... come on ;) It's all about using big studio lights, and this is result? With proper positioning on right place, this is something you can get on normal (sunny) day... including darker background.
And this is what you get on normal sunny day, without "big studio light" and on top of that during final run of World championships, where you are "a bit" restricted with your position and time. Not all that different ;)

Sports Shooter Profile (external link)
Orlando Wedding Photographer (external link)

Effectivepull
117 posts
Joined Mar 2010

Jun 14, 2011 14:13 |  #5

I just subscribed to this thread. Popcorn, please.

scottwuphotography.com (external link) 500px (external link); Google+ (external link)
Canon 7D, S95

Karver
50 posts
Joined Nov 2008

Jun 14, 2011 15:23 |  #6

zilly is right. he set the goal of having darker background and reached it.
of course, angles, light etc could always be different, but we can say that same about any type of pics.

http://www.flickr.com/​photos/karte_foto/sets​/ (external link)

sponsored links

1,296 views & 0 likes for this thread
Behind the scenes kayaking shoot
FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre Sports Talk 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.