Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Marketplace & Market Info Market Watch 
Thread started 29 Jun 2011 (Wednesday) 12:18
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Bestbuy BlackTie Plan for Cameras

Snydremark
my very own Lightrules moment
19,125 posts
Gallery: 58 photos
Joined Mar 2009

Jun 29, 2011 15:17 |  #16

jclaveria wrote in post #12678349 (external link)

If I live near Connecticut, it might have been a good deal.

Nah, then they probably send it to Irvine ;)

- Eric S.: My Birds/Wildlife (external link) (7D MkII/5D IV, Canon 10-22 f/3.5-4.5, Canon 24-105L f/4 IS, Canon 70-200L f/2.8 IS MkII, Canon 100-400L f/4.5-5.6 IS I/II)
"The easiest way to improve your photos is to adjust the loose nut between the shutter release and the ground."

sponsored links
neilattopspeedtuning
114 posts
Joined Sep 2008

Jun 29, 2011 15:51 |  #17

i got an extended warranty w/my drebel that i got from ritz camera when it was a new camera back in the day. low and behold, after 2 sensor cleanings (no problems at all) and 2x of the shutter malfunctioning, i was given a "new" body. no qustions asked. what sucked is that the original body i had was black and the replacment camera was a silver bodied unit. grrr.......none the less, i think i got my money's worth from the esp!

OOOhhh....and i also got a 40d, when it was new, back in the day..........and again got the esp plan. low and behold, the mirror mechanism "mysteriously" got detached and i was able to get the 40d fixed....no questions asked.

i guess it depends overall on how often/much you use your 60d........

topspeed2nr.com track coverage--right on your compter via the internet!

powered by a 40d, 7d and lazers (pew pew pew). :cool::p:rolleyes::cry:

Justaddwata
Goldmember
1,330 posts
Joined Oct 2010

Jun 29, 2011 19:01 as a reply to  @ neilattopspeedtuning's post |  #18

When they sell the warranty they make everything sound simple and smooth - then you need a repair or (god forbid) replacement and that is when the booklet of fine print (that they forgot to supply you with) comes out and makes it more effort (and expense) than it is worth.

Thing I loved was when I returned with a camera with a power issue 2 months into a 3 year warranty they (bestbuy) supplied me a new camera but said if I want a 3 year warranty for the new camera it will cost me again. If I had known that I would have returned it to the manufacturer (which I am sure they did).

Bestbuy have not seen a dime of my $$ in 3 years now. Can only get stung by their "service" so many times.

Proudly Australian Made!!
1D MKIII, 5D MkIII gripped, 7D gripped, 40D gripped, Sigma 10-20mm, Sigma 24-70mm f2.8, Sigma 28mm f1.8, Sigma 50mm f1.4, Sigma 120-300mm f2.8 OS,
"Sigmonster" 300-800mm, Canon 70-200mm Mk II IS L, Canon 24-105mm L, Canon 17-40mm L, Canon 35-350mm L, 580 EXII, 430EX, Canon 2X Extender MkII

Daskid
152 posts
Joined Mar 2011

Jun 30, 2011 01:37 |  #19

I would never fall for any of those BB's BS. Two free cleaning? When I went to get my camera serviced at the Irvine facility, it only took me a couple of hours and $30 less in my wallet.

5DII Gripped / 6D / Σ 15 ƒ2.8 FishEye / EF 24-70 ƒ2.8 II L / EF 24-105 ƒ4 L IS / EF 70-200 ƒ2.8 II L IS / eternalclicksphotograp​hy.com (external link)

SillyGuy
929 posts
Joined Apr 2008

Jun 30, 2011 03:37 |  #20

damn i regret buying my plan now after nearly 2 years. :(

My Website (external link) | My Blog (external link)

jclaveria
THREAD ­ STARTER
546 posts
Joined Apr 2007

Jul 01, 2011 01:32 |  #21

30*2*4 years = 240 < 400.

I could have gone that route...

Or the 100 CPS annual membership of which I can sell the strap for 50.

Daskid wrote in post #12681230 (external link)
I would never fall for any of those BB's BS. Two free cleaning? When I went to get my camera serviced at the Irvine facility, it only took me a couple of hours and $30 less in my wallet.

Gear List

khng30
172 posts
Joined Jun 2010

Jul 03, 2011 11:31 |  #22

Am just curious, what do they use for replacement for damaged bodies? Something that got returned to them? I can't see them giving people a brand new camera. There customer service is so poor I have not bothered going there in years. Amazon, bh, adorama treats you so much better.

jclaveria
THREAD ­ STARTER
546 posts
Joined Apr 2007

Jul 08, 2011 17:03 as a reply to  @ khng30's post |  #23

Since the repair facility (Precision) is the biggest camera repair facility in the U.S. (according to them), I would think that they have cameras that they get to assemble base on parts of other cameras that broke down. In short, there is a potential that you get another one that has been fixed.

There might be other reasons that they will give you a new one (possibly) when your camera is still really new (less than a year).

For those thinking to get a replacement with a newer model just because your broken camera is no longer available in the market, it's not costco.

Gear List

sponsored links

1,826 views & 0 likes for this thread
Bestbuy BlackTie Plan for Cameras
FORUMS Marketplace & Market Info Market Watch 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.