Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Marketplace & Market Info Market Watch 
Thread started 01 Jul 2011 (Friday) 10:32
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Sigma 50mm F1.4 Lens $434 with free shipping from Abes of Maine

millscas
231 posts
Joined Aug 2010

Jul 09, 2011 07:57 |  #16

btw, ordered lense tuesday, came friday to minnesota. Printer took much much much longer.... 3 weeks or so?

Canon 7d - 550ex - 430exII - 70-200mm 2.8 - 50mm 1.4 - 24-70 2.8 tammy - yn 560's-- 3 er 4 of em

sponsored links
kleinbiker
THREAD ­ STARTER
22 posts
Joined Jun 2011

Jul 09, 2011 16:32 |  #17

millscas wrote in post #12729138 (external link)
btw, ordered lense tuesday, came friday to minnesota. Printer took much much much longer.... 3 weeks or so?

Which lens did you get? I ordered the 50mm 1.4 for Canon on 7/1. Got a message on 7/7 that it was out of stock and that they expect to get more from Sigma in 12-14 business days.

kleinbiker
THREAD ­ STARTER
22 posts
Joined Jun 2011

Jul 19, 2011 11:39 as a reply to  @ kleinbiker's post |  #18

No sign of the lens, just promises that a shipment from Sigma should be arriving very soon.

Cancelled my order and ordered a Sigma 30mm f1.4 elsewhere.

MOkoFOko
nut impotent and avoiding Geoff
19,889 posts
Joined Jun 2010

Jul 19, 2011 11:57 |  #19

ordered a 50 1.4 on 7/1--hasn't shipped yet, but they said it would likely go out by wednesday.

My Gearlist

tkadrum
Goldmember
2,382 posts
Gallery: 3 photos
Joined Aug 2010

Jul 19, 2011 12:04 |  #20

Good to know that this lens retain the value well. I bought it a little over a year ago for $449, brand new from another store.
I am also glad I got a good copy without back/front issues. I love my Sigmalux!

Yes, you can call me Tom

AsiaSF
97 posts
Joined Oct 2010

Jul 19, 2011 13:42 |  #21

I too am still waiting for my 50mm 1.4

cptrios
Goldmember
1,744 posts
Joined Jul 2008

Jul 19, 2011 18:25 |  #22

Abe's is fine...they're just about the bottom rung of the "reliable dealers" ladder, but they're fine. The one problem that puts people off is that they often behave like bait & switchers by forcing you to "call to confirm" and trying to sell you overpriced filters, memory cards, batteries, etc. And they have these Sigma sales once (maybe twice?) a year. It's how I got my Sigmalux 2 years ago!

Fuji X100 / Sony NEX-7 / Contax G 45mm f/2 / The ghosts of 3 Canon bodies past / A meagre amount of talent
My weak lil' 500px (external link)

JAbberwocky
373 posts
Joined Mar 2009

Jul 19, 2011 19:23 |  #23

Abe's has horribly lousy customer service. For the same price, I buy elsewhere, I only order from them when they have some sale, even then, if the price difference is small, i find it aint worth it dealing with them.

Photography is not defined by what gear you own.

dino8031
849 posts
Joined Jan 2005

Jul 21, 2011 15:08 as a reply to  @ JAbberwocky's post |  #24

I've bought a couple of Sigma's from Abes with good results. Quick shipping, and no problems.

I do however get very annoyed that they will not ship the item until you call them and "confirm" the order.

They do try to up-sell you expensive but worthless items but are not overly aggressive about it.

Still, it's a lousy way to do business, but it's tolerable to save $50.

MOkoFOko
19,889 posts
Joined Jun 2010

Jul 21, 2011 19:56 |  #25

AsiaSF wrote in post #12786765 (external link)
I too am still waiting for my 50mm 1.4

I was told they would be shipping Tuesday/Wednesday, and it's still stuck in "sent to warehouse" phase.

My Gearlist

BoneJj
Goldmember
1,269 posts
Joined Jul 2010

Jul 21, 2011 21:42 |  #26

MOkoFOko wrote in post #12801426 (external link)
I was told they would be shipping Tuesday/Wednesday, and it's still stuck in "sent to warehouse" phase.

watch it show up on your door step in the morning... lmao.

I've had taht happen with a lot of companies over. Their site will say in limbo when it's actually been shipped and arrives at my house... Then miraculously their system gets updated later that same day with a crap load of info that was never there before.

--Bone | FSS (external link) | flickr (external link) | Gear list (external link) |

jclaveria
546 posts
Joined Apr 2007

Jul 22, 2011 03:57 as a reply to  @ post 12729135 |  #27

Expired....don't see the ABES50 anymore..just loyalty15...Can I enter FREE499?

Gear List

MOkoFOko
19,889 posts
Joined Jun 2010

Jul 22, 2011 11:32 |  #28

BoneJj wrote in post #12801902 (external link)
watch it show up on your door step in the morning... lmao.

I've had taht happen with a lot of companies over. Their site will say in limbo when it's actually been shipped and arrives at my house... Then miraculously their system gets updated later that same day with a crap load of info that was never there before.

Or I could see this show up in the morning--

We were just informed by Sigma that the shipment for Sigma 50mm 1.4 for Canon mount will arrive at our warehouse on Thursday July 28. As soon as the lenses hit our warehouse, they will be scanned and get shipped. Please accept our apology for the delay and the inconvenience.

Sincerely,
Ben Dow

Lame. It will be too late to purchase a secondary warranty, which requires registration within 30 days or purchase

My Gearlist

kkSlider
177 posts
Joined Jul 2008

Jul 25, 2011 17:16 |  #29

I wish I knew about this earlier =/

AsiaSF
97 posts
Joined Oct 2010

Jul 28, 2011 20:28 |  #30

At last got a shipping notification. Five weeks after purchase and being charged. Since I was in no hurry I think it was still worth the wait for the price...

sponsored links

4,371 views & 0 likes for this thread
Sigma 50mm F1.4 Lens $434 with free shipping from Abes of Maine
FORUMS Marketplace & Market Info Market Watch 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.