Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos RAW, Post Processing & Printing 
Thread started 06 Jul 2011 (Wednesday) 18:05
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

10,000 raw snapshot devlopment

bedojo
Goldmember
1,301 posts
Joined Jun 2010

Jul 06, 2011 18:05 |  #1

howdy, i was looking through my external hard drives and got about 10-15,000 snap shots, mostly all in raw, I was wondering what would the best way (besides going back in time and puting it into jpeg mode) to do fast batch development, right now im just selecting them all and hitting auto white balance, auto tone.

i am using light room 3, is there a good auto development preset? or would i want to dig out my dpp/ zoom browser stuff and re-install and then batch edit in there with one the canon presets?

so what would you do in this situation??

the images don't matter in the since that i need them for portfolio, just a bunch of snapshots over the past year.

follow me 500px (external link) || Facebook Page (external link) || Flickr (external link) || Website & Blog (external link) ||Feedback: 1 2
Gear: Fujifilm X-Pro 1 || 18mm f2.0 || 35mm f1.4 || 60mm f2.4 || AB800 || YN560 || Gordy Wrist Strap || Billingham Hadley Pro ||

tonylong
...winded
54,657 posts
Gallery: 60 photos
Joined Sep 2007

Jul 06, 2011 22:54 |  #2

Are these images that you have not imported into Lightroom? If so, then yes you could make an Import preset that would be automatically applied although you may not want to do the same thing to all images -- these things can take some thought and planning.

Also, there are the profiles in the Calibrate panel of the Lightroom Develop module. You can bring up an image, play around with the different profiles, tweak the values, and if you find something you think will do well with a number of photos, you can press Alt/Opt and the Reset button at the bottom right will turn into a Set Default button.

If you've already imported these images, well, you can apply batch processing by adjusting one image in Develop and then, with it selected, selecting the others in the batch and clicking the Sync button.

You can also have LR apply adjustments to a batch of images as you make them on a "model" image. You can do this in the Develop module, and you can do something similar in the Library module with the Quick Develop controls. I never use those myself, but if you crack open Lightroom Help and start reading an appropriate chapter you should be able to get plenty of useful info.

Tony
Two Canon cameras (5DC, 30D), three Canon lenses (24-105, 100-400, 100mm macro)
Tony Long Photos on PBase (external link)
Wildlife project pics here (external link), Biking Photog shoots here (external link), "Suburbia" project here (external link)! Mount St. Helens, Mount Hood pics here (external link)

bedojo
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
1,301 posts
Joined Jun 2010

Jul 07, 2011 01:09 |  #3

cool, that is what i was pretty much doing, yeah they are all imported all ready.
so far i am opening a folder, already imported, and scanning through, delete from disk garbage ones, and then auto tone, auto white balance. i will have to mess around with the preset, general sharpening and color boost. Thanks!

follow me 500px (external link) || Facebook Page (external link) || Flickr (external link) || Website & Blog (external link) ||Feedback: 1 2
Gear: Fujifilm X-Pro 1 || 18mm f2.0 || 35mm f1.4 || 60mm f2.4 || AB800 || YN560 || Gordy Wrist Strap || Billingham Hadley Pro ||

sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

817 views & 0 likes for this thread
10,000 raw snapshot devlopment
FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos RAW, Post Processing & Printing 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.