Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Weddings & Other Family Events 
Thread started 15 Jul 2011 (Friday) 21:08
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

First Maternity shoot (my wife!)

I ­ weston ­ I
334 posts
Joined May 2011

Jul 15, 2011 21:08 |  #1

I did my first maternity shoot today, and it was fun! Maybe part of the fun was that it was my daughter soon to be born there, but I might try and expand my work to include these kinds of shoots. Here's a few of my favorites, what do you guys think?

IMAGE: http://img27.imageshack.us/img27/8810/maternity6.jpg

IMAGE: http://img837.imageshack.us/img837/8603/maternity4cropped.jpg

IMAGE: http://img231.imageshack.us/img231/4369/maternity9.jpg

IMAGE: http://img840.imageshack.us/img840/6669/maternity3.jpg

And, the cliche blocks...
IMAGE: http://img148.imageshack.us/img148/6554/maternity1.jpg

C&C would be appreciated, but try and keep it considerate :)

Nikon D7000, Nikon D3100 18-105mm VR, 35mm f/1.8, 50mm f/1.4, 70-300mm VR

sponsored links
MilesApartPhotography
90 posts
Joined Jul 2011

Jul 15, 2011 21:40 |  #2

Haha I think so much maternity is cliche, so I don't think you have much to worry about :)

Congrats and lovely photos. I like the second one. I think the last one would be nice if it were a little brighter, maybe? But it looks a little noisy, so maybe your processing was intentional. Still looks nice! Just a suggestion. Good luck with Emma :)

Melissa :) 7D| 17-55 | 50 1.8 | 55-250 IS. Just starting out!
Facebook (external link) | Website (external link)

Michael ­ Bottoms
Cream of the Crop
6,297 posts
Joined Jan 2007

Jul 31, 2011 16:27 |  #3

I really like the second and third shots... you've captured your wife's happiness and positive emotions in them and those feelings just make the shots click! Good luck with your new baby--I hope mom and baby are healthy and well and that the delivery goes very very smoothly...

Former Pentax & 20D owner... now the pleased owner of the new 50D, 580EX, Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM, Canon EF-S 60mm Macro, Canon EFS 17-85mm F/4-5.6 IS USM, Canon EF 70-300mm F/4-5.6 IS USM, Kenko 1.4X Teleplus Pro 300, Sekonic L-508 Zoom Master Meter, Manfrotto and slik tripods, trekpod and other assorted accessories...

Michael ­ Bottoms
Cream of the Crop
6,297 posts
Joined Jan 2007

Jul 31, 2011 16:29 |  #4

btw, your wife is beautiful...

Former Pentax & 20D owner... now the pleased owner of the new 50D, 580EX, Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM, Canon EF-S 60mm Macro, Canon EFS 17-85mm F/4-5.6 IS USM, Canon EF 70-300mm F/4-5.6 IS USM, Kenko 1.4X Teleplus Pro 300, Sekonic L-508 Zoom Master Meter, Manfrotto and slik tripods, trekpod and other assorted accessories...

NewHorizonPhoto
180 posts
Joined Jul 2011

Aug 01, 2011 14:42 as a reply to  @ Michael Bottoms's post |  #5

I really like the 1st shot. It is a unique shot that I have not seen before for a maternity session. I love how it is shot from the Mom's perspective. It is something she would treasure because that is what she is used to seeing of herself. Only part I may change is the focal point. The hair on her arm seems to stand out a bit too much. As others have said #2 and #3 are also very well done.

ps_n_dslr
408 posts
Joined Oct 2010

Aug 01, 2011 15:56 |  #6

First off - Congrats!

I agree with NewHorizonPhoto - your first pic is the best of the bunch. Simple, effective and a statement! Your last pic is nice and humorous too!

May be what is missing from the sets is... YOU!
Could be your inspiration for the next set ;)

But Congrats once again!

QueenChatty
Goldmember
2,178 posts
Joined May 2009

Aug 22, 2011 12:28 |  #7

Very nice photo's. I have been looking for some blocks as my daughter wants a photo like that. Can you tell me where you got them. Thanks.

5D MarkII | 50D Canon 17-40mm|55-250 | 60mm Macro | 50mm 1.4 | 24-105L IS | 580EXII | 70-200L F2.8 IS II | Ultra Zap 800 |StarFlash 300 X2 | AB 400X 2 Flickr  (external link)

sponsored links

3,539 views & 0 likes for this thread
First Maternity shoot (my wife!)
FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Weddings & Other Family Events 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.