Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre Weddings & Other Family Events Talk 
Thread started 18 Jul 2011 (Monday) 16:37
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

First all-Asian wedding - a complete disaster!

this thread is locked
butugly
621 posts
Joined Mar 2006

Aug 16, 2011 16:40 |  #661

Why oh Why cant people stick to the thread, stop **** about nothing.
The OP will get back and update when he has more info.This will if you have subscribed show up by way of a message of some sort in your inbox.
The idea of a forum is to give opinion or advice on a subject not to keep **** at each other.
This thread would be a lot shorter and easier to read if some kept worthless comments to themself.

sponsored links
Ebwly
570 posts
Joined Apr 2011

Aug 16, 2011 16:58 |  #662

Butch Cassidy wrote in post #12944964 (external link)
EBWLY, You are to remain SILENT "remember" just a bystander. You owe me a six pack, I will pm my address. LOL

Butch...if you read like 20 posts above yours you'd see why I started posting again. Please read ALL of the posts, as some on here keep reminding you. .

butugly wrote in post #12937177 (external link)
Ebwly this forum is for all who wish to make comments in whatever way people see fit.
Maybe one day you may grow up and stop being such a spoilt child and keep your comments to yourself if it has nothing to do with the thread.

Stop contradicting yourself and you may have a point. First time I read that I seriously loled...Anyways, it seems the OP is not updating so I'm not going to comment further. Besides, this spoilt child has better things to do than destroying your arguments. Consider me a bystander from now on. :D

Ebwly wrote in post #12941570 (external link)
Butch Cassidy wrote in post #12937703 (external link)
EBWLY said:

Stop contradicting yourself and you may have a point. First time I read that I seriously loled...Anyways, it seems the OP is not updating so I'm not going to comment further. Besides, this spoilt child has better things to do than destroying your arguments."" Consider me a bystander from now on.""

" VERY DOUBTFUL" I would wager that you will post in this thread again !!!

actually since the OP has updated us, I think I will post again. SO..whats the wager?

SMP_Homer wrote in post #12938041 (external link)
Small update:
In short - still no payment

Details (for those that want to know)... The father of the bride has been calling and calling (and calling and calling). Never leaves a message. Since I talked to him the 1 time (aka meal is part of my payment) he has called 28 times, not once has he left a message. On call #28 I decided I had enough, and answered.
As you'd expect, someone that has to call 28 times to get an answer is not in a very good mood when I finally answered, and he lets me know how he feels about it. On the 4th "colorful" word he spoke, I cut him off and told him the next colorful word will end this call.

I explained that the word "negotiate" has no place in this conversation, and then told him, again, anything he wants to do, to go through B&G, and we'll go from there.

Still no payment? This is outrageous!!! I cannot believe that. I mean...after you don't pick up their calls and someone has to call you 28 times to get you to pick up, and you explain that 'negotiate' has no place in the conversation? Wow... I mean...and the guy was angry when you finally picked up??? How...How could he be? I mean...you were totally acting in a professional manner, as so many on this thread keeps on saying...

Just for the record, it is perfectly legal to delegate someone to handle your situation, as long as you give them authority. How else do you think (if you decide to get a lawyer) a lawyer can speak on your behalf? If your lawyer writes to them, should the B&G ignore him because he isn't the 'person on the contract they are dealing with?'

Roy Mathers wrote in post #12938275 (external link)
This thread has been going for three weeks and 526 posts - and the answer from everyone has been the same. How many more times do we have to go through the same thing? A meeting is not necessary. The situation is clear - either the bride and/or groom pays you what you are owed or nothing more is done. I really don't know how many more times this has to be stated.

apparently not enough. Or it seems attention is addicting....

memoriesoftomorrow wrote in post #12938311 (external link)
I have to say to the OP that this is fast becoming a thread showcasing how not to handle a situation. How much time have you wasted already in getting nowhere nearer payment?

One simple letter eons ago and you could have been in the exactly same situation as you are now.

I'm sure his 'I-will-only-deal-with-groom' attitude has something to do with it...

suecassidy wrote in post #12938570 (external link)
I would imagine that the pressure is on the B&G to have pics, as right about now, the friends and family are expecting them to be done and are asking about them. The father might be wanting to settle this and save face at the same time, but regardless, I don't see where he has a leg to stand on, legally or morally. I think you've handled yourself well under the circumstances. Hoping for a successful resolution that doesn't end up with you losing any more money/time on this fiasco.

A lot of expectations and imaginations...seeing they dragged this on for so long...I doubt your thoughts have any merit.

7D, 17-55 f2.8 IS, 70-200 f2.8 IS II, 50 f1.4

SMP_Homer
THREAD ­ STARTER
Cream of the Crop
5,656 posts
Gallery: 27 photos
Joined Mar 2008

Aug 16, 2011 17:00 |  #663

Nomofica wrote in post #12946515 (external link)
Pardon me, I didn't read through all 44 pages of what I presume (based on what I did read) is very redundant materials that provided nearly no new information.

I had assumed you had read up to here, as I do anyone else that makes it as far as posting... I didn't mean to offend you by saying it's been covered...

I suspect if someone really was into the thread and had a question, that someone would have read everything but there's enough in here that it's easy to forget a few things

EOS R / 7D2 / 1D X / 1D IV (and the wife has a T4i)
Sig35A, Sig50A, Sig85A, Sig14-24A, Sig24-105A, Sig70-200S, Sig150-600C
100-400L, 100L, 300 2.8L, 1.4x II / 2x II
600EX-II X3, 430EX-III X3

BLD_007
Goldmember
1,036 posts
Joined Feb 2010

Aug 16, 2011 17:02 |  #664

SMP_Homer wrote in post #12947054 (external link)
I had assumed you had read up to here, as I do anyone else that makes it as far as posting... I didn't mean to offend you by saying it's been covered...

I suspect if someone really was into the thread and had a question, that someone would have read everything but there's enough in here that it's easy to forget a few things

If anything, read only what you have posted up til now. Its a fun read =)

Glass: 8-15 f/4.0L | 16-35 f/2.8LmkII | 24-70 f/2.8L | 70-200 f/2.8L mkII | 100 f/2.8L Macro | 300 f/2.8LmkII
Bodies: Canon 1d X : Canon 1d mkIV : Canon 50d

SMP_Homer
THREAD ­ STARTER
Cream of the Crop
5,656 posts
Joined Mar 2008

Aug 16, 2011 17:03 |  #665

come on guys!
if I wanted to watch people bicker, I'd watch The View!!!

Nomofica
509 posts
Joined Jan 2011

Aug 16, 2011 17:21 |  #666

The contradiction and hypocrisy in this thread is ridiculous.

jmg181 wrote in post #12946838 (external link)
Its people who haven't read the thread who seem to have bulked this thread up the most, that and people extremely irritated by the idea that he listens to his lawyer, and hasn't either sued them, deleted their photos, threatened them, yelled at them, or taken the groom on in the thunderdome to prove who is right by battle.

In each case, its quite obvious that each and every one of them is right, knows better, has more experience, has sued everyone on the planet, has deleted photos in the past, gotten their payments using an amalgamation of kabuki theatre and my little pony costumes, or just is generically all mighty and knowing. I'm certain you know better about the details than homer and his lawyer as well.

Yes, I did not read every single of 650+ posts to look for 2 or 3 specific posts (the issue is not that important to me) - get over it. However, it seems that the going ratio for the amount of people who **** and moan about people not reading amount people who did not read the entire thread to the is 3 to 1. One with general logistical thinking could come to the conclusion that it's not those who did not read the entire forum that bulk it up, but those who **** about the former.

And - as MWhite mentioned by way of a picture - you, simply by complaining about me/my post, are not any better. If you really want to get down to the nitty gritty, you are actually doing far worse than I am by posting something that is not even constructive to OP's issue.

Did I, during my entire presence here in this thread, ever state that my opinion/advice was better than everybody elses? Not at all. Nor did I state I have more knowledge in the issue than the OP or his lawyer. I speak from my experience, and my experience is that my method of handling unruly clients has been successful because I cover my @ss in my contract and I always follow through with what I say I will do. I'm not afraid of having a troublesome client, nor the perceived "repercussions". It's not unprofessional or unwise to take what is contractually yours by way of court.

Portfolio (external link) | 5∞ (external link) | Flickr (external link)

Ebwly
570 posts
Joined Apr 2011

Aug 16, 2011 19:55 |  #667

Nomofica wrote in post #12947157 (external link)
The contradiction and hypocrisy in this thread is ridiculous.

Yes, I did not read every single of 650+ posts to look for 2 or 3 specific posts (the issue is not that important to me) - get over it. However, it seems that the going ratio for the amount of people who **** and moan about people not reading amount people who did not read the entire thread to the is 3 to 1. One with general logistical thinking could come to the conclusion that it's not those who did not read the entire forum that bulk it up, but those who **** about the former.

+1 :D

7D, 17-55 f2.8 IS, 70-200 f2.8 IS II, 50 f1.4

SMP_Homer
THREAD ­ STARTER
Cream of the Crop
5,656 posts
Joined Mar 2008

Aug 16, 2011 20:13 |  #668

want to attack me, call me an attention whore, or an idiot that doesn't know how to run a business or whatever makes you happy - that's fine. I started this thread, and I know this is the kind of thing that happens when you open threads, and I can live with that, part of the web experience...

but I have no real interest in keeping a thread open where some of you want to moan about whatever amongst one another - not what the intent of this thread was, and it's now time to close up this thread...

I've learned a lot from some of you guys and I want to thank you for the good, sometimes harsh, words of wisdom and support... and from some of the others, I've learned that a web forum dedicated to photography isn't the best place to take these types of issues to (and I've also learned how to add someone to the ignore list)...

Dann.Landau
284 posts
Joined Jul 2011

Aug 16, 2011 20:18 |  #669
bannedPermanent ban

SMP_Homer wrote in post #12947973 (external link)
but I have no real interest in keeping a thread open where some of you want to moan about whatever amongst one another - not what the intent of this thread was, and it's now time to close up this thread...

Threads do what they want, anyone who has been on forums knows this, it's obvious. They don't belong to the person who starts them, they belong to community, so they go all over.

SMP_Homer
THREAD ­ STARTER
Cream of the Crop
5,656 posts
Joined Mar 2008

Aug 16, 2011 20:20 |  #670

Dann.Landau wrote in post #12948001 (external link)
Threads do what they want, anyone who has been on forums knows this, it's obvious. They don't belong to the person who starts them, they belong to community, so they go all over.

and I just realized that I can't lock the thread I started... d'oh!

Maureen ­ Souza
Ms. MODERATOR     Something Spectacular!
33,280 posts
Gallery: 8 photos
Joined Feb 2005

Aug 16, 2011 20:21 |  #671

Would you like me to lock it.....?

Life is hard...but I just take it one photograph at a time.

5DMK4
7DMK2
Canon Lenses: 50/1.4, 135/2.0, 100-400mm II, 24-70/2.8 II

Skip ­ Souza
Cream of the Crop
26,204 posts
Joined Mar 2005

Aug 16, 2011 20:22 |  #672

This thread has wandered way out of the playground. Let's all go enjoy ourselves elsewhere.

Bless the recently fallen and their family and friends.
I have a Cannon with me at all times. You can't take the shot if you don't have something with which to shoot. :rolleyes:
That which does not kill me ~~ Should Run.
5DMkII, 7D, 70-300L IS, 24-105L,
No more PayPal gift payment requests.
"PERSONAL MESSAGING REGARDING SELLING OR BUYING ITEMS WITH MEMBERS WHO HAVE NO POSTS IN FORUMS AND/OR WHO YOU DO NOT KNOW FROM FORUMS IS HEREBY DECLARED STRICTLY STUPID AND YOU WILL GET BURNED."

sponsored links

93,733 views & 0 likes for this thread
First all-Asian wedding - a complete disaster!
FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre Weddings & Other Family Events Talk 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.