Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Community Talk, Chatter & Official Stuff The Lounge 
Thread started 08 Sep 2006 (Friday) 20:45
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

The 45th TPBM Random and Undulating Chat Thread with bonus Eggs

this thread is locked
neil_r
Cream of the Proverbial Crop
Landscape and Cityscape Photographer 2006
18,065 posts
Joined Jan 2003

Oct 21, 2011 10:37 |  #5161

Harm wrote in post #13284395 (external link)
Hi guys & gals :D

Harm how is the new arrival doing?

Neil - © NHR Photography
Commercial Site (external link) - Video Site (external link) - Blog - (external link)Gear List There are no rules for good photographs, there are only good photographs. ~ Ansel Adams

sponsored links
Harm
I don't always post, but when I do, I drink Dos Equis....
48,627 posts
Gallery: 13 photos
Joined Jan 2008

Oct 21, 2011 10:40 |  #5162

He was finally moved out of an incubator last night :D:D Now he is in a bassinet, and still in NICU, but no more cumbersome incubator :D:D

He is now 3lbs 15.5oz.

Thanks for asking :D

SmugMug (external link)

Permagrin
High Priestess of all I survey
77,914 posts
Joined Aug 2006

Oct 21, 2011 10:43 |  #5163

Harm wrote in post #13284428 (external link)
He was finally moved out of an incubator last night :D:D Now he is in a bassinet, and still in NICU, but no more cumbersome incubator :D:D

He is now 3lbs 15.5oz.

aww that's great news!

.. It's Permie's world, we just live in it! ~CDS

Harm
48,627 posts
Joined Jan 2008

Oct 21, 2011 10:50 |  #5164

Not sure if I got the chance to say, but, yeah...even though Alexander is doing well, Betsy has a blood clot in her lower leg - post partum, it was a risk as part of the c-section. She was supposed to be low, low risk, due to her blood platelet counts dropping to seriously low levels, but I guess they sprang back up at such a rate, and hey presto, you're buggered. She is NOT in hospital - thank goodness, but still concerning nevertheless.

So yeah, I have to give her an injection of blood thinners every 12 hrs - probably for the next 3 months (save a week that I've been giving her this). So it is still bloody manic, and we aren't catching that break!

SmugMug (external link)

BearLeeAlive
All butt cheeks and string.
30,198 posts
Joined May 2005

Oct 21, 2011 11:39 |  #5165

Guineh wrote in post #13284340 (external link)
I had no idea you did this kind of work...
... that explains a lot, actually :lol:

Hey!!! :evil: You could be right though, those EMF's can have lots of effects on a guy. :D
I did that for 13 1/2 years before getting into what I do now. I mostly built electrical substation, but did some line work when required as well.

-JIM-

BearLeeAlive
30,198 posts
Joined May 2005

Oct 21, 2011 11:43 as a reply to  @ BearLeeAlive's post |  #5166

He is now 3lbs 15.5oz.

Good to hear the little gaffer is coming along fine. That weight seems incredible. I could stand to lose a few Alexanders myself. :p

Harm wrote in post #13284475 (external link)
Not sure if I got the chance to say, but, yeah...even though Alexander is doing well, Betsy has a blood clot in her lower leg - post partum, it was a risk as part of the c-section. She was supposed to be low, low risk, due to her blood platelet counts dropping to seriously low levels, but I guess they sprang back up at such a rate, and hey presto, you're buggered. She is NOT in hospital - thank goodness, but still concerning nevertheless.

So yeah, I have to give her an injection of blood thinners every 12 hrs - probably for the next 3 months (save a week that I've been giving her this). So it is still bloody manic, and we aren't catching that break!

Give Betsy my best wishes, I hope it clears up good. It does seem like when this pain in the ass stuff happens, it all happens at once. Hopefully in a few months you guys will be a (relatively) healthy, happy bunch. :)

-JIM-

Becky ­ N
"full of baloney"
23,060 posts
Gallery: 12 photos
Joined Jul 2005

Oct 21, 2011 11:59 as a reply to  @ BearLeeAlive's post |  #5167

He is now 3lbs 15.5oz.

Oh, good for him. Is 5 pounds the magical weight for him to come home?

Not so good, hope the thinners work and all is well soon.

*waves* Hello "real" people.

BeckyWomen and Cats will do as they please. Men and dogs had better get used to it. ~ Robert Heinlein; Procrastinate now! Don't put it off.. ~Cat (CFPackerfan)

Harm
48,627 posts
Joined Jan 2008

Oct 21, 2011 12:35 |  #5168

Thanks, guys :D

SmugMug (external link)

short5
Woolbacca Manties are cool
43,154 posts
Joined Sep 2005

Oct 21, 2011 13:41 |  #5169

*waves to Bucky*

Hope all resolves it's self soon, Harm, and you can start normal life with a newborn. Okay maybe there is no such thing but I hope you get past the scary parts soon.

Do whats right HERE
~Take then of the bones of Adam and of the Calx, the same weight of each; and there are six of the Petral Stone and five of the Stone of Union~

Harm
48,627 posts
Joined Jan 2008

Oct 21, 2011 13:50 |  #5170

IMAGE: http://harm.smugmug.com/Private/Family-Photographs/Alexander-Singh-Marwaha/i-55Z7Lrw/0/L/IMG1128-L.jpg

SmugMug (external link)

BearLeeAlive
30,198 posts
Joined May 2005

Oct 21, 2011 14:17 |  #5171

Awwwwww....to the power of 10. :D

-JIM-

neil_r
Cream of the Proverbial Crop
Landscape and Cityscape Photographer 2006
18,065 posts
Joined Jan 2003

Oct 21, 2011 14:59 |  #5172

Misty eyes of Warwickshire here

Neil - © NHR Photography
Commercial Site (external link) - Video Site (external link) - Blog - (external link)Gear List There are no rules for good photographs, there are only good photographs. ~ Ansel Adams

Becky ­ N
"full of baloney"
23,060 posts
Gallery: 12 photos
Joined Jul 2005

Oct 21, 2011 17:10 |  #5173

Harm, look at that picture whenever the "stuff" seems overwhelming...that shows you how worth it the inconviences are.

Both look really good. Little Alexander's color looks real good, just needs a bit more meat on those wee bones. Have you got any nick names for him, or are you going to stick to Alexander?

And Betsy looks like motherhood suites her just fine.

BeckyWomen and Cats will do as they please. Men and dogs had better get used to it. ~ Robert Heinlein; Procrastinate now! Don't put it off.. ~Cat (CFPackerfan)

Timphoto
Creme de la Curmudgeon
9,583 posts
Gallery: 120 photos
Best ofs: 2
Joined Apr 2008

Oct 21, 2011 17:20 as a reply to  @ Harm's post |  #5174

Wonderful family shot Harm.

Tim

misspix
THREAD ­ STARTER
Misscreant
32,636 posts
Joined Jun 2006

Oct 21, 2011 17:34 as a reply to  @ Timphoto's post |  #5175

He is now 3lbs 15.5oz.

So glad to hear he is doing well!

Dang! I hope all goes well, Harm.

Harm wrote in post #13285400 (external link)
QUOTED IMAGE

Beautiful photo.

Terri |GEAR| (external link) http://tinyurl.com/5qn​8sr (external link)
If you can't take the heat, don't tickle the dragon

sponsored links

493,336 views & 0 likes for this thread
The 45th TPBM Random and Undulating Chat Thread with bonus Eggs
FORUMS Community Talk, Chatter & Official Stuff The Lounge 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.