Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Community Talk, Chatter & Official Stuff The Lounge 
Thread started 08 Sep 2006 (Friday) 20:45
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

The 45th TPBM Random and Undulating Chat Thread with bonus Eggs

this thread is locked
Belmondo
Cream of the Crop
42,735 posts
Joined Jul 2003

Oct 21, 2011 19:46 as a reply to  @ post 13280036 |  #5176

I told you about refinishing the rifle stock on my old .22 last week. I got inspired and dug out an even older Remington single shot that looked like it might have been used to mix stucco. I gave it a similar treatment, and it turned out pretty well.

Here's a snap of the two of them together. (the gun in the foreground is the one I posted a few days ago. It's about 5" longer than the Remington, which is a juvenile model)

IMAGE: http://www.pbase.com/image/139038325.jpg

I'm not short. I'm concentrated awesome!

sponsored links
Jon
Cream of the Crop
69,628 posts
Joined Jun 2004

Oct 21, 2011 19:47 |  #5177

Look good, Tom . . .

Jon
----------
Cocker Spaniels
Maryland and Virginia activities
Image Posting Rules and Image Posting FAQ
Report SPAM, Don't Answer It! (link)
PERSONAL MESSAGING REGARDING SELLING OR BUYING ITEMS WITH MEMBERS WHO HAVE NO POSTS IN FORUMS AND/OR WHO YOU DO NOT KNOW FROM FORUMS IS HEREBY DECLARED STRICTLY STUPID AND YOU WILL GET BURNED.
PAYPAL GIFT NO LONGER ALLOWED HERE

Becky ­ N
"full of baloney"
23,060 posts
Gallery: 12 photos
Joined Jul 2005

Oct 21, 2011 20:14 as a reply to  @ Jon's post |  #5178

short5 wrote in post #13285334 (external link)
*waves to Bucky*

*sigh* Nice real reality, thank Zane.:D

Belmondo wrote in post #13287176 (external link)
I told you about refinishing the rifle stock on my old .22 last week. I got inspired and dug out an even older Remington single shot that looked like it might have been used to mix stucco. I gave it a similar treatment, and it turned out pretty well.

Well done.

BeckyWomen and Cats will do as they please. Men and dogs had better get used to it. ~ Robert Heinlein; Procrastinate now! Don't put it off.. ~Cat (CFPackerfan)

Timphoto
Creme de la Curmudgeon
9,582 posts
Gallery: 120 photos
Best ofs: 2
Joined Apr 2008

Oct 21, 2011 23:10 |  #5179

Nice work Tom. Can I send you one of mine to work on? ;-)a

Tim

Belmondo
Cream of the Crop
42,735 posts
Joined Jul 2003

Oct 22, 2011 00:05 |  #5180

Timphoto wrote in post #13287913 (external link)
Nice work Tom. Can I send you one of mine to work on? ;-)a

I'd love to, but it would probably cost me my marriage. Lois has not been happy with the odd smells coming out of the garage. It's a stinky job.

I'm not short. I'm concentrated awesome!

thomascanty
Bold. Pink.
Gone, but not forgotten.
38,071 posts
Joined Mar 2003

Oct 22, 2011 00:14 |  #5181

Belmondo wrote in post #13288042 (external link)
I'd love to, but it would probably cost me my marriage. Lois has not been happy with the odd smells coming out of the garage. It's a stinky job.

Well, that sucks. I was going to get in line next. I have an old .22 rifle that's about 100 years old and is in bad need of a restoration.

My name is Lonnie, but I answer to Thomas too.
LDPhotography.net (external link) | Weekly Pioneer (external link) | Facebook (external link)
"Young at heart. Slightly older in other parts."

neil_r
Cream of the Proverbial Crop
Landscape and Cityscape Photographer 2006
18,065 posts
Joined Jan 2003

Oct 22, 2011 00:56 as a reply to  @ thomascanty's post |  #5182

Belmondo wrote in post #13288042 (external link)

I can understand Lois not being impressed what with you spending all your time in the garage furiously polishing your old wood!

Neil - © NHR Photography
Commercial Site (external link) - Video Site (external link) - Blog - (external link)Gear List There are no rules for good photographs, there are only good photographs. ~ Ansel Adams

CrazieCricket
Stupid wine.... *kicks box*
15,499 posts
Joined Jun 2008

Oct 22, 2011 01:23 as a reply to  @ neil_r's post |  #5183

Harm wrote in post #13284428 (external link)
He was finally moved out of an incubator last night :D:D Now he is in a bassinet, and still in NICU, but no more cumbersome incubator :D:D

He is now 3lbs 15.5oz.

Thanks for asking :D

Soooo great that he is coming along good. Hope Betsy can get things sorted out soon too.

WONDERFUL photo of mother and baby. :D:D

Paula

short5
Woolbacca Manties are cool
43,154 posts
Joined Sep 2005

Oct 22, 2011 02:06 |  #5184

Belmondo wrote in post #13287176 (external link)

Here's a snap of the two of them together. (the gun in the foreground is the one I posted a few days ago. It's about 5" longer than the Remington, which is a juvenile model)

Nice. I have almost the same rifle. It is a Remington 41P single shot .22 with -a really nice target sight on it. While it is one of my simplest guns it is one of my favorite as well. The picture below is not mine but it shows the sight. The knob on the left that locks the sight in place can be switched with the matching knurled piece on the back that acts as sight aperture. The two pieces have different sized apertures for either precision target shooting or hunting.

PHOTOBUCKET EMBEDDING IS DISABLED BY THIS MEMBER.
Photobucket sends ads instead of embedding photos from their free galleries.
Click the link (if available) below to see the image in a gallery page.

http://i45.photobucket​.com …2041-P/41PMicrometer2.jpg (external link)

neil_r wrote in post #13288206 (external link)
I can understand Lois not being impressed what with you spending all your time in the garage furiously polishing your old wood!

Groan...

Do whats right HERE
~Take then of the bones of Adam and of the Calx, the same weight of each; and there are six of the Petral Stone and five of the Stone of Union~

Woolburr
Mr. PMS Himself
66,487 posts
Gallery: 115 photos
Joined Sep 2005
Location: The Tupperware capitol of eastern Oregon...Leicester, NC!

Oct 22, 2011 02:44 |  #5185

I love those sights.....simple but effective.

IMAGE: http://frogdawg.zenfolio.com/img/s1/v21/p752484471-4.jpg
IMAGE LINK: http://Frogdawg.zenfol​io.com/p1742152/e2cda0​077  (external link)

Non-yeller train.

People that know me call me Dan
You'll never be a legitimate photographer until you have an award winning duck in your portfolio!
Crayons,Coloring Book, (external link) Refrigerator Art (external link) and What I Really Think About (external link)

short5
43,154 posts
Joined Sep 2005

Oct 22, 2011 02:50 |  #5186

Hi Wool, nice train.

Do whats right HERE
~Take then of the bones of Adam and of the Calx, the same weight of each; and there are six of the Petral Stone and five of the Stone of Union~

Woolburr
Mr. PMS Himself
66,487 posts
Joined Sep 2005

Oct 22, 2011 02:55 |  #5187

Yo....wish there was a nice place around here to take the .22 and punch some paper.

You'll never be a legitimate photographer until you have an award winning duck in your portfolio!
Crayons,Coloring Book, (external link) Refrigerator Art (external link) and What I Really Think About (external link)

CrazieCricket
Stupid wine.... *kicks box*
15,499 posts
Joined Jun 2008

Oct 22, 2011 03:43 as a reply to  @ Woolburr's post |  #5188

We got lots of space here, WoolyD. :D

Paula

short5
43,154 posts
Joined Sep 2005

Oct 22, 2011 04:44 |  #5189

Woolburr wrote in post #13288460 (external link)
Yo....wish there was a nice place around here to take the .22 and punch some paper.

Yeah, that has always been a tough one and getting tougher. I figured down your way you could still find a place. I could plink up at the farm where the horses are on occasion but that's the only close place to me for free.

The NRA national headquarters is close to here and they have a fifty yard indoor range. I have never been. It's supposed to be pretty nice. You can shoot centerfire rifles up to .460 Weatherby magnum, at fifty yards :-| indoor:-| I bet that is one loud range at times, lol. I haven't been to an indoor range in a very long time.

CrazieCricket wrote in post #13288505 (external link)
We got lots of space here, WoolyD. :D

Not for long. We, on earth, will hit the 7 billion population mark this year. It is a new milestone. The scary thing is, we hit 6 billion just twelve years ago. Get ready to eat each other like rats in a cage. It's going on 6am, I have not slept, I am feeling dramatic *shrug*

Do whats right HERE

Woolburr
Mr. PMS Himself
66,487 posts
Joined Sep 2005

Oct 22, 2011 04:51 |  #5190

Used to be every farmer wanted you to come eliminate his crop of woodchucks. Now they would like you to do that...as long as you want to pay for the privilege. :rolleyes:

sponsored links

493,140 views & 0 likes for this thread
The 45th TPBM Random and Undulating Chat Thread with bonus Eggs
FORUMS Community Talk, Chatter & Official Stuff The Lounge 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.