Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Wildlife 
Thread started 29 Jul 2011 (Friday) 14:49
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Humpback Whales Surface Feeding

CHillyDoggy
Goldmember
1,315 posts
Gallery: 27 photos
Best ofs: 1
Joined Apr 2011

Aug 10, 2011 23:12 |  #16

Great shots, I so want to do that sometime.

Craig Hill Photography (external link) / Craig Hill Photography on Facebook (external link)

Zipline
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
1,295 posts
Joined Jun 2005

Aug 11, 2011 21:17 |  #17

Calindy - The whales will still be here in September. They generally start heading to their breeding grounds between Nov and Dec although the whale watching season usually ends in October. I have found though, in my own personal experience, that the later on in the season you get the "quieter" the whales get. I don't receall ever really see open mouth feeding in Sept or Oct, but I only go on weekends so it could be that I'm missing it during the week. I've found July and August to be the best times to go in terms of activity.

CHillyDoggy - I don't know where you are located, but if you are anywhere near the ocean where whale watches run I do highly recommend it. There's really nothing like seeing them in person. They are amazing creatures!

- Mandy
> Bodies: Canon Rebel 300D, XTi, and T3i
> Lenses: Kit Lens, Canon 75-300mm & 55-250mm lenses
> Check out my new site @ Hypnotized by Nature (external link)

sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

2,643 views & 0 likes for this thread
Humpback Whales Surface Feeding
FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Wildlife 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.