Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EOS Digital Cameras 
Thread started 03 Aug 2011 (Wednesday) 08:44
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Bought new laptop but 350d unable to find driver

Fenka856
68 posts
Joined Jul 2006

Aug 03, 2011 08:44 |  #1

I am kinda lost on this one so any insight will be appreciated. I bought a new Lenovo Laptop. Great. Installed the EOS Digital disk that came with it. Groovy. I then hook up the camera via USB to the laptop and turn on camera....installing driver....unable to find driver.Crap.

I never had to worry about that in any of my comps, including a Dell laptop. I tried to go to the Canon website but it says they dont have the driver...really? I tried on Google...nothing that I can see that was useful.

I have tried acquiring images using ZB EX but even that says there's no images to acquire...as if the camera is not connected at all.

Only a couple of factors that I can think of.

1. Im running Windows 7 but I have not installled updates to this computer. Partly because my wife is into Couponing and installing might lose ability to print coupons.
2. I cant remember if the 350d came with another disk for drivers other than the one where all the software(ZB ex, DPP, etc) came with.

Kinda lengthy but I'm hoping that someone here, can help me. Thanks in advanced.

Canon 350d / Tokina 11-16mm / 28-135mm 3.5 IS / 100-300mm f3.5-5.0 / *NEW* Canon Powershot G12 / 430 ex II /Canon 40mm 2.8 / Canon 85mm 1.8

sponsored links
PaulB
Goldmember
1,543 posts
Joined Apr 2003

Aug 03, 2011 09:14 |  #2

Older camera, new Windows 7..........
so maybe that you need to update all your EOS software from the Canon site:

Or..........it might be that you are running Windows 7 64bit and that's incompatible with the 350D drivers. Canon aren't good at supporting 64bit OS's for some reason.

Just buy a card reader - it's the easiest way to downl;oad images anyway.

Fenka856
THREAD ­ STARTER
68 posts
Joined Jul 2006

Aug 03, 2011 09:31 |  #3

I figured that. Thanks! Time to browse the "Best card Reader thread"

Canon 350d / Tokina 11-16mm / 28-135mm 3.5 IS / 100-300mm f3.5-5.0 / *NEW* Canon Powershot G12 / 430 ex II /Canon 40mm 2.8 / Canon 85mm 1.8

LarryD
847 posts
Gallery: 6 photos
Joined Jan 2009

Aug 03, 2011 09:32 as a reply to  @ PaulB's post |  #4

Neither my 5d or either 1dII will work with a newer Windows 7 machine; so I would expect that an older camera like a 350d would not work either..

You need an older XP machine for these cameras.. If you can find or borrow an older machine, you can update your name/profile and it will stay in the camera.. Then use a card reader for downloads to any computer, you will not be able to use EOS utilities on a windows 7 machine and these older cameras.

.... Got some cameras; got some glass ..... I just need one more of each.....:rolleyes:

Some Snap-Shots (external link)
http://500px.com/Larry​D (external link)

T.Hogan
309 posts
Joined May 2006

Aug 03, 2011 09:37 as a reply to  @ LarryD's post |  #5

I downloaded CS2 to Windows 7 and was able to use the card reader without a problem. Then I could use my 350d. Maybe outner CS will allow this.

7d gripped, canon 10-22. canon 50 1.4, canon 135L, Mamiya equipment.

PaulB
Goldmember
1,543 posts
Joined Apr 2003

Aug 03, 2011 09:49 |  #6

T.Hogan wrote in post #12869478 (external link)
I downloaded CS2 to Windows 7 and was able to use the card reader without a problem. Then I could use my 350d. Maybe outner CS will allow this.

There is no problem downloading and viewing and processing images with any 64bit OS and Photoshop (or any other program) once you get the images onto the PC.
The problem is that 64bit Win7 will not recognise the 350D - so you have to use a card reader to download images.
As others have said, if you need to use EOS Utility to change the owners name etc in older cameras then you need to use a 32bit OS - I'm not even sure that Win7 32bit will do.............anyone?

sponsored links

703 views & 0 likes for this thread
Bought new laptop but 350d unable to find driver
FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EOS Digital Cameras 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.