Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre Glamour & Nude Talk 
Thread started 04 Aug 2011 (Thursday) 23:51
Search threadPrev/next

Married and shooting models

S.Horton
worship my useful and insightful comments
18,051 posts
Gallery: 7 photos
Joined Dec 2006

Sep 12, 2011 18:44 |  #46

Ledrak wrote in post #13092334 (external link)
Thank god I have no desire to get married. I feel for some of you guys after the stories I've read.

I'll give you a huge tip - Marry for temperament. You know how some pets are just always happy to see you? Marry that trait, forget about everything else, and you have an above-average shot.

And judge every relationship based upon how year TWO goes.

Sam - TF Says Ishmael
http://midnightblue.sm​ugmug.com (external link) 
Want your title changed?Dream On! (external link)

:cool:

DrewTheShooter
40 posts
Joined Mar 2011

Oct 31, 2011 18:52 |  #47

Hollywoodgt wrote in post #12880392 (external link)
Just wondering how many have had some resistance with the idea of you being married shooting good looking models?

Funny...... I just finished having that same convo with my lady. Then remembered to show her the threads on nude photography. Nuff said. At first she didn't really get it... She just didn't. After explaining the real concept of lighting and angles, comparing to nude painting and showing her the threads on here, she finally got it.

But ofcourse I do appreciate the human body and all of its wonders!! :D

Drew at http://drewtheshooter.​com (external link)
Canon 40D, Grip, 2nd camera 400d rebel, 18-55, 28-70, 70-300, 50mm 1.4=my fav, LRoom3
follow me http://twitter.com/dre​wtheshooter (external link)
like me at http://www.facebook.co​m/drewtheshooter (external link)

Hollywoodgt
THREAD ­ STARTER
971 posts
Joined Mar 2011

Nov 01, 2011 09:14 as a reply to  @ DrewTheShooter's post |  #48

Well thought I'd re-visit my own post. Quick up date, after the first shoot in St Louis with Supershoots'com I had plenty of pretty model pictures. Up until that p[oint she was pretty much on board. After a few day back, maybe a week. Plans were being made for the Vegas shoot.....still on board, but not mentioning anything about it or showing any interest what so ever on my shooting. Back from Vegas and still no real interest and didn't even ask to see any proofs. The the talk came......you know I don't want you shooting any nudes etc or being a lone with models. So I still have the blessing to shoot......I don't get my stones busted other than she says, why don't you shoot other stuff, plants, nature, our dogs, etc........which I reply I do, but it's not my main interest. I explained the art part and lighting etc......But yet she has looked on the Supershoots site and mentioned about other seminars.

www.Jeffreyantonphotog​raphy.com (external link) http://www.modelmayhem​.com/jeffreyanton (external link)
Bodies:5D Infared 5D MK II/5D MKIII 4 Travellites 750R
18=55mm/55-250mm/50mm Ef1.8/70-200 ef2.8L IS II/85mm 1.2L II/24-70mm 2.8L II/16-35mm 2.8L II 2X Ext II
(3) 430EX/(3) remotes/2umbrellas plus assortment of defusers

woodsters
Goldmember
1,894 posts
Joined Jun 2006

Nov 01, 2011 09:37 |  #49

I'm not going to lie and say there was no resistance and it's no big deal. My wife is the reason why I got into it. I've always loved photographing her. She has been and always will be my #1 model. We got to a point several years ago that she got tired of posing. We still go in and out of spurts. She had always said that I could not shoot other women. But after getting in that rut of being tired of posing for me, she suggested I get a model. So I eventually found one, then another and so on. The first shoot was at a park. She saw the photos immediately after I returned and had no issues with it. Matter of fact, she emailed the model and invited her to a pole dance excercise class with her. The next shoot was at a park and at my house. My wife helped out with it at the house. She was cool with it. Even when the model came out in bra, thong and fishnets on. No problem when the models nipple kept popping out...She helped me with a few more shoots after that. Then eventually she said she didn't need to be there. So she wassn't. I shot a good bit of models on my own. Was there some resistance? Yes. She wasn't thrilled that I was alone with a half naked girl, half her age or less. Even though it was all professional. I can' say I blame her. I've been selfish with it. I wouldn't want her alone with some hot buff guy alone like that....In the last year, I have really slowed down on shooting models. I've shot 2. I have spent some time shooting cheerleaders though and doing a swimsuit calendar with them. This next year she is going to be more involved in it. It's more business than anything else.

It would be a slight bit different in her feelings if I were getting paid by the models or paid by someone to shoot the models. Personally I would much rather spend the time and shoot my wife and use the pictures on my personal forum. Plus I get to bang the model! lol Having to have a space to shoot models is a pain in the butt. I don't like them coming to my house and for me, finding a place to shoot outside without lookyloo's is difficult.

www.brianwoodphotograp​hy.com (external link)

Hollywoodgt
THREAD ­ STARTER
971 posts
Joined Mar 2011

Nov 01, 2011 20:12 as a reply to  @ woodsters's post |  #50

Woodster...I can feel your pain. I was also thinking about it on the drive home from work. All the wives you can't blame, here we are shooting women maybe have our age and with almost no clothing on some times. Hard bot to have doubt in your mind with, is the model coming on to my husband etc, a women has to be very secure in their relationship. On the flip side to that if their keeping their man happy, then he won't be interested in exploring that avenue, which would not be moral or very professional, but can happen.

www.Jeffreyantonphotog​raphy.com (external link) http://www.modelmayhem​.com/jeffreyanton (external link)
18=55mm/55-250mm/50mm Ef1.8/70-200 ef2.8L IS II/85mm 1.2L II/24-70mm 2.8L II/16-35mm 2.8L II 2X Ext II

hawk911
Cream of the Crop
11,388 posts
Gallery: 2 photos
Joined Jul 2006

Nov 02, 2011 13:32 |  #51

some ideas may be stuck in the 60s, where you had to sleep with the photographer to get images. Maybe I'm naive, but I don't see that as the method of today's photography. Every Joe on the corner has a camera, and models are willing to sacrifice quality images just to shoot without paying for it.

Security in the relationship is tantamount to her (your SO) being comfortable on any level with the young girls running around in any level of clothing

HAWK Photography Gallery (external link) FB Fan page (external link)|_My gear: 5d3, 70D & 40D (all gripped), 580exII, 550ex, Canon 24-70 L & 85 f1.8, 50mm f1.4; Tamron 70-200 SP Di VC, Canon 18-55, Sigma 1.4xtc; Elinchrom Whore, Skyport triggers, Speedotron BD and Kacey Grid, Vagabond minis

Images ­ By ­ Sean ­ K
Mostly Lurking
19 posts
Gallery: 1 photo
Joined Sep 2011

Nov 02, 2011 13:45 |  #52

I was married for 10 years to a woman who had a HUGE problem with me doing just about any photography. She made such a big deal about it, I set my camera down 15 years ago and never picked them back up until recently.

Have the greatest woman in my life now. She encourages my passion of photography, especially glamour work, and had even helped as a MUA on several shoots.

She understands that its all about the work and nothing else.

Its because she understands this and trusts me enough to make the right decisions, that I will never make the wrong decision.

Life with someone you don't resent for holding you back is so sweet!

Canon T3i , Gripped, 18-55mm f 2.8, 75-150mm f 5.6
Canon 70D - Body Only
Canon 6D Mark II
70-200 MM 2.8 USM Ver. II "L"
www.modelmayhem.com/im​agesbyseank (external link)
www.facebook.com/image​sbyseank (external link)

Hollywoodgt
THREAD ­ STARTER
971 posts
Joined Mar 2011

Nov 03, 2011 12:29 |  #53

imagesby wrote in post #13343255 (external link)
I was married for 10 years to a woman who had a HUGE problem with me doing just about any photography. She made such a big deal about it, I set my camera down 15 years ago and never picked them back up until recently.

Have the greatest woman in my life now. She encourages my passion of photography, especially glamour work, and had even helped as a MUA on several shoots.

She understands that its all about the work and nothing else.

Its because she understands this and trusts me enough to make the right decisions, that I will never make the wrong decision.

Life with someone you don't resent for holding you back is so sweet!

Here here....what a great statement! It's amazing how much more we can achieve with
our wife or GF behind what were doing. Very well said

woodsters
Goldmember
1,894 posts
Joined Jun 2006

Nov 04, 2011 03:50 |  #54

Dont get me wrong. My wife is very secure, especially with the $5000 I just spent on her boobs. She does support me to a certain point though. She also has her phases that she will go through. With me working a totally different schedule than her, it does make things more difficult.

www.brianwoodphotograp​hy.com (external link)

Hollywoodgt
THREAD ­ STARTER
971 posts
Joined Mar 2011

Nov 04, 2011 13:37 |  #55

woodsters wrote in post #13352048 (external link)
Dont get me wrong. My wife is very secure, especially with the $5000 I just spent on her boobs. She does support me to a certain point though. She also has her phases that she will go through. With me working a totally different schedule than her, it does make things more difficult.

I feel your pain ....lol Those boobs are a great gift....gift that keeps giving :-) Got my wife a set maybe 6 yrs ago.

hawk911
Cream of the Crop
11,388 posts
Joined Jul 2006

Nov 04, 2011 14:38 |  #56

the discussion in my house goes like this: "so my boobs aren't good enough?" so I'm damned if I do, damned if I don't

HAWK Photography Gallery (external link) FB Fan page (external link)|_My gear: 5d3, 70D & 40D (all gripped), 580exII, 550ex, Canon 24-70 L & 85 f1.8, 50mm f1.4; Tamron 70-200 SP Di VC, Canon 18-55, Sigma 1.4xtc; Elinchrom Whore, Skyport triggers, Speedotron BD and Kacey Grid, Vagabond minis

redflash
726 posts
Joined Oct 2011

Nov 04, 2011 14:52 |  #57

hawk911 wrote in post #13354197 (external link)
the discussion in my house goes like this: "so my boobs aren't good enough?" so I'm damned if I do, damned if I don't

It's a topic which wouldn't be easy to approach - I'd be tempted to sit right on the fence - "Up to you, dear. I love you the way you are." That kind of thing. I'm lucky, the GL's boobs are perfect the way they are.

On glam/nude modeling, I doubt I'd even have the balls to bring the topic up. Have mentioned it countless times - to have the GL as the subject, no way was the reply. She's pretty big on privacy etc, and even if she did relent there's no way she'd let me post the pics online, and I respect that. Using another model? Don't think I'd have the guts to ask...

Canon 60D Gripped Tamron 17-50 (non-VC) | 18-55 | 18-135 | Nifty50 | 70-200 f2.8 L IS Mk II | YN565 | ManFriday | Carry Speed Strap
razzi (external link) flickr (external link)
Just trying to have a little bit of fun folks, that's all :cool: - Dean Martin

hawk911
Cream of the Crop
11,388 posts
Joined Jul 2006

Nov 04, 2011 14:59 |  #58

the boob job is easier if it's her idea, not yours :shock:

Hollywoodgt
THREAD ­ STARTER
971 posts
Joined Mar 2011

Nov 04, 2011 22:24 |  #59

hawk911 wrote in post #13354325 (external link)
the boob job is easier if it's her idea, not yours :shock:

Yes it is....my wife worked around our models we used for our motorcycle business. Great group of girls. Now my wife is quite and not a flashy women at all, but great looking. She a a very nice....set. However the models well you know...my wife all of a sudden said, hey I want a boob job.....I was (inside Oh goodie) but said....naw you don't need them and really she didn't, but like Hawk said it was her idea and who was I to say nooooo. It's a great gift for the both of us...it really does change a women though in a good way

Zigot
601 posts
Joined Jun 2008

Nov 06, 2011 10:10 |  #60

I already have a hard time just from looking at other pretty girl with her saying " what are you looking at?"....
Talking about "shooting a beautiful model", it is something I keep dreaming on...

7D, 5Dii, 5Diii, 70-300L, 24-105L 70-200Lii, 135L, 85, Tammy 150-600, 430EXii, 550EX, 580EXii, Σ50, Σ105 Macro, Σ150 Macro, ΣEM-140, Σ1.4x, LensBaby 3G, White lightnings, Bowens. Gear - feedbacks

105,401 views & 81 likes for this thread
Married and shooting models
FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre Glamour & Nude Talk 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.