Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Community Talk, Chatter & Official Stuff The Lounge 
Thread started 07 Aug 2011 (Sunday) 21:59
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Anyone ever get blamed for stuff with photographing?

OneJZsupra
Goldmember
2,378 posts
Joined Aug 2009

Aug 07, 2011 21:59 |  #1

Just thought I'd see some of the things people have been blamed for. What made me think of this was the other day I was at a drivers course for my emergency vehicle operators course when I was asked to take some pictures of the trucks going through some of the turns. So I agreed (as I had already passed my course) and quickly looked at the camera (which looked like a super old P&S, in fact I was convinced a Iphone took better quality pictures) so I made the best of what I had prefocused and work on my compisition for when the truck came running by i'd be set for the .8 fps rate.

well this guy changed seats and started driving and came crashing through the course, I was about 5 ft away from the cones and he blasted around the corner and blew through a part of the course he wasn't suppose to. He quickly was told to stop and came out of the truck yelling about how I was too close to the course and that I shouldn't be near the track and what I was doing there any ways. So I quickly replied back that I was asked to get pictures and thats what photographers do to get the shots I just didn't count on someone that didn't know how to drive to go crashing through the course. I pointed out that I wouldn't have to worry about it if he knew how to drive and that he's the one that screwed up the course not me taking pictures of you driving the course. the instructor told him that he was in the wrong and that he shouldn't have mest up the course the way he did.

Gear List | Feed Back | My Site (external link)
YN RF-603 O-ring solution

sponsored links
Ugly ­ Joe
436 posts
Joined Dec 2009

Aug 07, 2011 22:13 |  #2

Sounds like the reason most "fail" movies on utube exist - it's the fault of a camera being there.

"Mr. Jacka$$...how did you manage to get an entire bowling ball lodged in your rectum?"
"It's 'cause my friend had a camera and said I'd never make it fit..."
"The camera?"
"No!! Don't be stupid...I meant the bowling ball! And now it's his fault it's in there!!"

"Hell is an eternity of getting up at 4am to nothing but decaf coffee..."
A good friend will help you move.
A true friend will help you move a body.
An old friend more than likely will pass on either because of a bad back.

FlyingPhotog
Cream of the "Prop"
57,560 posts
Joined May 2007

Aug 07, 2011 22:22 |  #3

There is a documented phenomenon called "Camera Stupid" and it's something we have to guard against constantly in aviation photography.

Even someone in a simple Cessna 172 has been known to say "Hey, watch this!" when there are cameras around.

It will kill people...

Jay
Crosswind Images (external link)
Facebook Fan Page (external link)

"If you aren't getting extraordinary images from today's dSLRs, regardless of brand, it's not the camera!" - Bill Fortney, Nikon Corp.

Pingman
417 posts
Joined Apr 2011

Aug 07, 2011 22:51 |  #4

It is what reality shows are made of...

(Gear & Feedback)

OneJZsupra
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
2,378 posts
Joined Aug 2009

Aug 08, 2011 11:11 |  #5

Yeah I just hate that situation out come that could have happened. I was glad I was at least paying attention and was alert because it could have ended badly.

Gear List | Feed Back | My Site (external link)
YN RF-603 O-ring solution

Jon
Cream of the Crop
69,628 posts
Joined Jun 2004

Aug 08, 2011 13:33 |  #6

It's a good thing he failed the course then. I'd hate to have to wait for the police to clear the roads of vehicular and pedestrian traffic before he could go on his emergency run.

Jon
----------
Cocker Spaniels
Maryland and Virginia activities
Image Posting Rules and Image Posting FAQ
Report SPAM, Don't Answer It! (link)
PERSONAL MESSAGING REGARDING SELLING OR BUYING ITEMS WITH MEMBERS WHO HAVE NO POSTS IN FORUMS AND/OR WHO YOU DO NOT KNOW FROM FORUMS IS HEREBY DECLARED STRICTLY STUPID AND YOU WILL GET BURNED.
PAYPAL GIFT NO LONGER ALLOWED HERE

S.Horton
worship my useful and insightful comments
18,051 posts
Gallery: 7 photos
Joined Dec 2006

Aug 10, 2011 20:12 |  #7

That is just a rage-filled nearly crazy person. If he had not flipped about you, he would have flipped about something else.

I think of people like that as the Tasmainian Devil. Avoid.

Sam - TF Says Ishmael
http://midnightblue.sm​ugmug.com (external link) 
Want your title changed?Dream On! (external link)

:cool:

kawika219
132 posts
Joined Jul 2011

Aug 12, 2011 23:33 |  #8

FlyingPhotog wrote in post #12894589 (external link)
There is a documented phenomenon called "Camera Stupid" and it's something we have to guard against constantly in aviation photography.

Even someone in a simple Cessna 172 has been known to say "Hey, watch this!" when there are cameras around.

It will kill people...

Been there done that. Back in my car days, there was an very popular underground street racing company filming my friends and I...well needless to say I totaled my car that night. Lesson learned.

David B. | Noob armed with a t2i and a nifty-fifty

sponsored links

946 views & 0 likes for this thread
Anyone ever get blamed for stuff with photographing?
FORUMS Community Talk, Chatter & Official Stuff The Lounge 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.