Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos RAW, Post Processing & Printing 
Thread started 08 Aug 2011 (Monday) 08:43
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Thumbnails in cs5 bridge opening in cs3

Shooting
Goldmember
1,552 posts
Joined Jan 2008

Aug 08, 2011 08:43 |  #1

I have to have CS5 and CS3 both. I use CS3 with Album Design because the version I have only works up to CS4.

When in CS5 bridge the thumbnails open in Photoshop CS3. I can open one raw thumbnail in CS5 with no problem..but when I select more than one raw thumbnail in CS5 bridge they open in photoshop CS3..how can I stop that and make them all open in CS5? I went into CS5 bridge and file associatiions and got the canon raw files to open in CS5 and that works on a one on one basis but selecting more than one they open in CS3...

sponsored links
René ­ Damkot
Cream of the Crop
39,856 posts
Joined Feb 2005

Aug 08, 2011 13:45 |  #2

What happens if you hit Cmd+R in Bridge?

"I think the idea of art kills creativity" - Douglas Adams
Why Color Management.
Color Problems? Click here.
MySpace (external link)
Get Colormanaged (external link)
Twitter (external link)
PERSONAL MESSAGING REGARDING SELLING OR BUYING ITEMS WITH MEMBERS WHO HAVE NO POSTS IN FORUMS AND/OR WHO YOU DO NOT KNOW FROM FORUMS IS HEREBY DECLARED STRICTLY STUPID AND YOU WILL GET BURNED.

Shooting
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
1,552 posts
Joined Jan 2008

Aug 09, 2011 07:10 as a reply to  @ René Damkot's post |  #3

I had to reformat my hard drive and start all over, tried taking out CS5 and CS3 and then I could not reinstall them. Nothing I did would remove all traces of both programs from the hard drive and registry, computer thought they were still installed. So I just got fed up and reformatted the drive and put CS5 on it only. I have another old laptop so I'll put Album DS and CS3 on that.

Thanks for the response though, I just couldn't wait for a response any longer, got a wedding I have to get done. I usually shoot jpeg but wanted to try raw again and then this happens.

Shooting
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
1,552 posts
Joined Jan 2008

Aug 10, 2011 18:42 as a reply to  @ Shooting's post |  #4

I would like to reinstall CS3 and Album DS but what if it messes up again, I don't want to get into that mess again.

René ­ Damkot
Cream of the Crop
39,856 posts
Joined Feb 2005

Aug 11, 2011 05:56 |  #5

http://www.adobe.com …ontact/cscleane​rtool.html (external link)

"I think the idea of art kills creativity" - Douglas Adams
Why Color Management.
Color Problems? Click here.
MySpace (external link)
Get Colormanaged (external link)
Twitter (external link)
PERSONAL MESSAGING REGARDING SELLING OR BUYING ITEMS WITH MEMBERS WHO HAVE NO POSTS IN FORUMS AND/OR WHO YOU DO NOT KNOW FROM FORUMS IS HEREBY DECLARED STRICTLY STUPID AND YOU WILL GET BURNED.

Paul ­ MR
63 posts
Joined Nov 2010

Aug 11, 2011 09:18 as a reply to  @ René Damkot's post |  #6

It's always best to install the oldest version first!
If you want to install CS3 uninstall CS5 first it will save so much time.
I have CS3,CS4 and CS5 Master Collection installed and no problems.
If you install CS3 last everything will then default to that program.

tim
Light Bringer
51,009 posts
Joined Nov 2004

Aug 11, 2011 22:12 |  #7

It's often file association problems when this sort of thing happens.

Professional wedding photographer, solution architect and general technical guy with multiple Amazon Web Services certifications.
Read all my FAQs (wedding, printing, lighting, books, etc)

Shooting
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
1,552 posts
Joined Jan 2008

Aug 12, 2011 07:22 |  #8

tim wrote in post #12920252 (external link)
It's often file association problems when this sort of thing happens.

Yeah, I went into the file association part of CS5 and everything was changed to CS3..I changed them back to CS5 but that didn't fix it..in fact, when I open one thumbnail from bridge it opened in CS5, but when I highlighted more than one everything opened in CS3. I went into the VIEW part of folders for file association and when I selected CS5 photoshop it still said CS3 and would not let me choose CS5 even though I was selecting it.

Shooting
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
1,552 posts
Joined Jan 2008

Aug 12, 2011 07:23 |  #9

Paul MR wrote in post #12915884 (external link)
It's always best to install the oldest version first!
If you want to install CS3 uninstall CS5 first it will save so much time.
I have CS3,CS4 and CS5 Master Collection installed and no problems.
If you install CS3 last everything will then default to that program.

Glad you told me. I'll remove CS5 today and install CS3 and then reinstall 5 and see if that works.

Shooting
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
1,552 posts
Joined Jan 2008

Aug 12, 2011 07:24 |  #10

Thanks...I used that and it didn't work. It never removed any registry entries of CS3 or 5. It also never touched the plugins folders of either version.

sponsored links

2,078 views & 0 likes for this thread
Thumbnails in cs5 bridge opening in cs3
FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos RAW, Post Processing & Printing 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.