Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Marketplace & Market Info Market Watch 
Thread started 09 Aug 2011 (Tuesday) 10:32
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Posting Feedback

eaglssong
Goldmember
3,342 posts
Joined Dec 2010

Aug 09, 2011 10:32 |  #1

I just feel that I need to vent a wee bit.

I have purchased several items from the I want to sell forum, and recently made my first sale, of a Canon Nifty Two Fifty lens.

Except for the item I sold, I have always immediately posted positive feedback, yet it seems to be rare that I receive the same courtesy in return. I pay promptly (or ship promptly as the case may be). Try to keep up good communications and updates as needed through PMs, so I don't know why I don't receive feedback. Possibly laziness on the other party's part?

It's very frustrating. I was almost ready to go hunting for the feedback posts I have done, and to delete those where I didn't receive any feedback in return, but I won't do that.

In any event, and as much as I hate to be this way, I will no longer post feedback until such time as the party of the second part posts some for me.

Anyone else feel the same way? :(

:) Anne

sponsored links
crn3371
Cream of the Crop
7,198 posts
Joined Mar 2005

Aug 09, 2011 10:34 |  #2

Two wrongs don't make a right.

Calicajun
Goldmember
2,989 posts
Gallery: 9 photos
Joined Jan 2008

Aug 09, 2011 11:05 as a reply to  @ crn3371's post |  #3

Did you contact the other party and ask them to put something in the feedback section? I sold a 40D here on POTN, the buyer posted a positive feedback on the purchase but I didn't post any feed back at first. I didn't post anything in the feedback section as I didn't know there even was a feedback section.

Remember, Stressed spelled backward is Desserts.:)
Suggestions welcome.
5DIII, EF 50 1.4, EF 40 f2.8, EF 24-105L IS , EF 70-200 f4L IS, 580EX ll

eaglssong
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
3,342 posts
Joined Dec 2010

Aug 09, 2011 11:11 |  #4

Calicajun wrote in post #12903852 (external link)
Did you contact the other party and ask them to put something in the feedback section? I sold a 40D here on POTN, the buyer posted a positive feedback on the purchase but I didn't post any feed back at first. I didn't post anything in the feedback section as I didn't know there even was a feedback section.

In all cases, I told the sellers that I would post positive feedback as soon as the item was received, and my policy has been to send them a PM when I do that, so they would see that it was done. As for the one sale I made, I'm still hopeful, as the item was just received by the buyer a few days ago. I did tell him also that I would post feedback, and hoped he'd do the same. So far, I've hardly heard from him other than in reply to a PM of mine that the post office delivered it.

I'm just frustrated. Don't usually look to sell equipment, but should I want to do so again, I think it would be nice for a potential buyer to see that I'm honest, and try to be fair. What else is there for them to go by, other than feedback (and the fact that I post a lot)?

Just thought it would be interesting to see if others have experienced the same thing, and if not, what am I doing wrong?

:)

snyderman
Cream of the Crop
7,084 posts
Joined Nov 2008

Aug 09, 2011 11:17 |  #5

Yep. A quick PM to the seller or buyer saying, 'hey, the lens showed up on time and in perfect condition. Thank you. I'll post positive feedback regarding our transaction. Please do the same for me.'

That's all you CAN do. If the person doesn't respond in kind, there's not much more you can do than ask.

dave

Canon 5D2 > 35L-85L-135L

smacatl
Goldmember
1,562 posts
Joined Jul 2008

Aug 09, 2011 11:47 |  #6

snyderman wrote in post #12903914 (external link)
Yep. A quick PM to the seller or buyer saying, 'hey, the lens showed up on time and in perfect condition. Thank you. I'll post positive feedback regarding our transaction. Please do the same for me.'

That's all you CAN do. If the person doesn't respond in kind, there's not much more you can do than ask.

dave

+1.

I include a link to the feedback that I just posted. That link gets them to the right place and hopefully in the right frame of mind - but you can't make them post.

I posted feedback on a transaction last week and got a response thanking me for the feedback, but stating that he didn't know where or how to give feedback (right after I sent the link to my feedback post). :rolleyes:

You can lead a horse to water.......

Smacatl
Premier Member of the OGUS Photo Club (Over-Geared, Under-Skilled) (with Credit to our President & Founder JWCDDS)
Gear List

hfgarris
Goldmember
1,760 posts
Joined Feb 2009

Aug 09, 2011 12:12 |  #7

I always send the buyer the tracking information, and ask that they inform me of the safe arrival of the item and to please post feedback. Most buyers are pretty good about doing that.:)

If I don't get some acknowledgment of receipt by the buyer (other than watching the tracking), I usually contact them again requesting receipt info and telling them I hope they are pleased with their purchase and to contact me with any questions they may have. Again, I invite them to leave feedback and say I will do the same.;)

If that fails, then I let it go ... I have done all I can, even though receipt acknowledgment is important to me to be sure THEY actually received the item.

Many newer buyers/sellers are also unfamiliar with the feedback system here. For them, providing a link to the feedback forum is usually beneficial and will result in them catching up on their feedback.:D

If I am the buyer ... they I always follow my own advice! ;) :cool:

-howard

eaglssong
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
3,342 posts
Joined Dec 2010

Aug 09, 2011 13:34 as a reply to  @ hfgarris's post |  #8

Thank you all for your feedback.

I've done everything possible (including sending them a link to feedback), so I guess I really can't do any more other than hope for the best in the future.

I do feel better for having gotten this off my chest. It's been bugging me for quite some time now.

Thanks everybody!!

:)

Calicajun
Goldmember
2,989 posts
Gallery: 9 photos
Joined Jan 2008

Aug 09, 2011 13:55 as a reply to  @ eaglssong's post |  #9

Look at the bright side, they must be happy otherwise they would have posted something for sure.:lol:

Remember, Stressed spelled backward is Desserts.:)
Suggestions welcome.
5DIII, EF 50 1.4, EF 40 f2.8, EF 24-105L IS , EF 70-200 f4L IS, 580EX ll

Chris
Goldmember
4,129 posts
Gallery: 3 photos
Joined Oct 2006

Aug 09, 2011 14:04 |  #10

snyderman wrote in post #12903914 (external link)

dave

This is what I always do. But for some reason, on the last couple transactions I've done, there has been no response. I think it just comes down to being lazy.

Chris

70D | 24-70 2.8 | 400 5.6 | 580 EXII | 2X Yongnuo 622C |

matonanjin
Goldmember
2,378 posts
Joined Feb 2008

Aug 09, 2011 17:17 |  #11

This is very repetitive of what's been said above but I always post feedback and then immediately send a pm to the other person. My pm always states simply, "I just posted positive feedback for you. I hope you will do the same".

Has yet failed to work.

My Web Site (external link)

My Equine Photography Blog (external link)
My Stuff and Feedback

sponsored links

633 views & 0 likes for this thread
Posting Feedback
FORUMS Marketplace & Market Info Market Watch 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.