Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos Presentation & Building Galleries 
Thread started 12 Aug 2011 (Friday) 10:02
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Zenfolio help

*Jayrou
Goldmember
1,121 posts
Gallery: 5 photos
Joined Sep 2010

Aug 12, 2011 10:02 |  #1

Hi guys, wondering if anyone has had similar.

I have a premium Zenfolio account, and I noticed there was a European Printers that wasn't available in my account.

I contacted Zen who replied saying I had a US registered account and that printer was only available to UK registered?.. well I've been registered nearly 12 month with my UK details.. didn't even know there was 2 available?

Anyway he's switched me to the UK one, but now I'm getting charged £100 for my year instead of of the $100, now that's about £40 difference for the same service... Anyone came across this?

I'm waiting for a response but I'm fuming.. My account is now -£100

James
Flickr  (external link)
Website (external link)

sponsored links
squashed
Goldmember
4,179 posts
Gallery: 74 photos
Joined Oct 2006

Aug 12, 2011 10:14 |  #2

Are you from Jersey and in the UK, or from the UK and in Jersey?

Done with Numbers. Own the X and the R
http://www.garyyoungph​otography.com (external link)

*Jayrou
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
1,121 posts
Joined Sep 2010

Aug 12, 2011 10:19 |  #3

squashed wrote in post #12922612 (external link)
Are you from Jersey and in the UK, or from the UK and in Jersey?

I'm In Jersey Channel Islands , which is a UK dependency .. Not New Jersey US

James
Flickr  (external link)
Website (external link)

llareggub
631 posts
Gallery: 10 photos
Joined Nov 2009

Aug 12, 2011 10:32 as a reply to  @ *Jayrou's post |  #4

Thats odd, I have had my Zenfolio account now for a year and a half... Same premium account as you and I paid 100USD, I have price lists set up in USD GBP and Euros and when you want to purchase it gives you options as to where you are and what currency you want to pay in.

It was a little confusing to set up though a you have to set up 3 different price lists before you can set up product from different suppliers. I believe the Continental europe stuff ships out of Photobok paris and the UK stuff photobox UK.

I'm sure there is a link in my sig click on it and have a play through the purchase options and give us a shout if you have any questions.

Brian

My Website :D (external link)

*Jayrou
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
1,121 posts
Joined Sep 2010

Aug 12, 2011 10:41 |  #5

llareggub wrote in post #12922704 (external link)
Thats odd, I have had my Zenfolio account now for a year and a half... Same premium account as you and I paid 100USD, I have price lists set up in USD GBP and Euros and when you want to purchase it gives you options as to where you are and what currency you want to pay in.

It was a little confusing to set up though a you have to set up 3 different price lists before you can set up product from different suppliers. I believe the Continental europe stuff ships out of Photobok paris and the UK stuff photobox UK.

I'm sure there is a link in my sig click on it and have a play through the purchase options and give us a shout if you have any questions.

Brian

Thanks Brian

Well I'm utterly shocked at this.

A US Premium account costs $100

A UK Premium account cost £100, that's nearly double the cost for the same service?..

Want to see the response why this is?

The cost of us doing business overseas is greatly more than working with pro labs here in the US.

Unbelievable!.. this is the internet, not B&M shops, they flicked a switch to change me over, I very much doubt they transferred 22 galleries and account data to Servers in the UK.

Blowing my top here, this this a blatant rip off

James
Flickr  (external link)
Website (external link)

llareggub
631 posts
Gallery: 10 photos
Joined Nov 2009

Aug 12, 2011 14:18 as a reply to  @ *Jayrou's post |  #6

Thats incredible!

They will certainly be losing a customer here if that is what they expect me to pay next May!!! Having said that I do not get it, what happens if a US user of Zen has a customer in continental europe that wants to purchase a print are they insisting that the customer has to pay in US dollars and have a product shipped from the US?

Ask them specifically about the setup on my account if you want and tell them that my fee is only 100usd per annum and try using my explantion above...

My Website :D (external link)

*Jayrou
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
1,121 posts
Joined Sep 2010

Aug 12, 2011 16:40 |  #7

llareggub wrote in post #12923900 (external link)
Thats incredible!

They will certainly be losing a customer here if that is what they expect me to pay next May!!! Having said that I do not get it, what happens if a US user of Zen has a customer in continental europe that wants to purchase a print are they insisting that the customer has to pay in US dollars and have a product shipped from the US?

Ask them specifically about the setup on my account if you want and tell them that my fee is only 100usd per annum and try using my explantion above...

No, I don't think it has anything to do with what your saying,
And I think if you just continue as you are you'll continue to pay the same, just don't agree to switch countries..:D

The only difference i can see is the offer of this pro printers.The printer was called One Vision Imaging, When I was registered (unknowingly) with a US Premier account It wasn't available as an option,I emailed and said I'm registered with a US account not a UK one and the printer was only available to the UK accounts.
He asked if I wanted him to switch me , I seen no reason why not until the new charge to my credit card of £100 and the cancellation of my previous subscription.
I've since had an email back saying I can go back to the US account, which is bizarre.

below is some responses I've had

We charge more for the UK plan because it comes with the additional service of OVI lab.

The cost of us doing business overseas is greatly more than working with pro labs here in the US.

It does cost us to integrate with these companies overseas and you do not get the same services with the US Premium as you do the UK Premium, because you get access to OVI pro lab (which cost us more to do business with them because of overseas cost. It is not just flipping a switch, even online businesses have to incur several cost of doing business overseas when they integrate with companies selling in another currency).

James
Flickr  (external link)
Website (external link)

binliner
711 posts
Joined Jan 2007

Aug 15, 2011 11:09 |  #8

My account is due for renewal any day, I just checked I wasn't being charged £100, I have this message on my account page...

Your account will be automatically renewed on 25-Aug-2011. Your account balance will be charged $100.00 to renew the subscription.

Justin
website (external link) | flickr (external link) | facebook (external link) | blog (external link)
5D II | 7D | G1-X | 17-40mm f4 | 50mm f1.4 | 70-200mm f4 | 300mm f4 | 1.4x II | Lee filters

HappySnapper90
Cream of the Crop
5,145 posts
Joined Aug 2008

Aug 22, 2011 10:40 |  #9

*Jayrou wrote in post #12922750 (external link)
Well I'm utterly shocked at this.

A US Premium account costs $100

A UK Premium account cost £100, that's nearly double the cost for the same service?

There may have been a time that The pound and dollar were very similar in cost, which isn't the fact now. I've often read of U.K. residents being charged much more for camera products than those in the U.S. or other places. But if you aren't living in the U.S., I don't think you should be paying U.S. prices for services as listed.

*Jayrou
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
1,121 posts
Joined Sep 2010

Aug 24, 2011 09:20 |  #10

HappySnapper90 wrote in post #12978053 (external link)
There may have been a time that The pound and dollar were very similar in cost, which isn't the fact now. I've often read of U.K. residents being charged much more for camera products than those in the U.S. or other places. But if you aren't living in the U.S., I don't think you should be paying U.S. prices for services as listed.

Why ever not?.. its the internet I'm not claiming benefits from the US government or taking the food from your children's mouths..:rolleyes:

Zenfolio don't have a problem with it....why should you?

James
Flickr  (external link)
Website (external link)

HappySnapper90
Cream of the Crop
5,145 posts
Joined Aug 2008

Aug 24, 2011 10:01 |  #11

*Jayrou wrote in post #12990445 (external link)
Why ever not?.. its the internet I'm not claiming benefits from the US government or taking the food from your children's mouths..:rolleyes:

Zenfolio don't have a problem with it....why should you?

There are differences in currencies. This is one reason why prices have increased a bunch on Canon lenses over the past few years as well as when the 1D4 came out.

Someone calculated that by the amount the Yen has valued over the dollar, a 1Ds4 would cost $12,500 if they charged the same amount of Yen that was related to a price of $8,000 4 years ago.

sponsored links

1,081 views & 0 likes for this thread
Zenfolio help
FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos Presentation & Building Galleries 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.