Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Weddings & Other Family Events 
Thread started 29 Aug 2011 (Monday) 22:30
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

2nd Wedding

phazelag
44 posts
Joined Jan 2011

Aug 29, 2011 22:30 |  #1

This was my 2nd wedding. I shot his brothers a month ago and that went pretty well. I am decent in LR and PS, but I dont alot of experience with post for weddings or anything pro for that matter. The rest of the wedding shots are standard I had the harsh son on everyone and only one place to take shots really, and my ceremony shots I forgot to go back to auto ISO because I was going in doors and out non stop and left some shots on 800 and 1600 ISO that should not have been that I had to save in LR and they werent as good as they could have been. I dont plan to be a wedding shooter. I just wanted the challenge and learned alot. Editing 800 or so shots each puts 800 to 1600 mistakes in your face the following week! So you do learn quick. And I liked the pressure. I was organized, planned, and had a back up shooter, so it was fun. This first shot was with a 70-200 and 30 ft TTL cable attached to a 580EXII on High speed sync. Overall both couples were blown away with what they got. They didnt get pro level, but they also didnt pay, as they were my childhood friends and like family to me. It was funny though, half the guests had 7D's and 5D MkII's like they going to war!

IMAGE: http://www.scottzinda.com/photos/i-vRt4dxW/0/XL/i-vRt4dxW-XL.jpg

IMAGE: http://www.scottzinda.com/photos/i-9QcnMVw/0/XL/i-9QcnMVw-XL.jpg

IMAGE: http://www.scottzinda.com/photos/i-dVgkrzm/0/XL/i-dVgkrzm-XL.jpg

Z
www.scottzinda.com (external link)

sponsored links
SUB1IM388
Cream of the Crop
8,553 posts
Joined Sep 2008

Aug 30, 2011 15:16 |  #2

Nice attempt here are my thoughts.

#1 i think you went a bit over board with your Hue saturation's , her dress is blown out in the front, to me the BG seems to dark and doesn't work
#2 is nice but still your blue is a bit over saturated
#3 is nice nothing bad i have to say about it

Mike
ugly when I'm sober
15,397 posts
Gallery: 50 photos
Best ofs: 1
Joined Nov 2006

Aug 30, 2011 15:22 |  #3

They're not bad for only your 2nd wedding. I've shot 19 weddings so far and I'm learning all the time.

My main gripe with the first shot is that it is too dark in parts - tree shadows, hair and jacket all a little too dark. Not a bad thing with the tree shadows perhaps but the hair gets a little lost in it and the jacket is lacking in detail/texture. You can bring some of that back in LR. Tricky shooting with a bride in white and a groom in black though!

I like the other two, no real gripes there. Good stuff :)

www.mikegreenphotograp​hy.co.uk (external link)
Gear
UK South Easterners
flickr (external link) Insta1 (external link) Insta2 (external link)

A closed mouth gathers no foot.

stayhumble
Goldmember
1,328 posts
Joined Nov 2010

Aug 30, 2011 18:55 |  #4
bannedPermanent ban

1. good, and it even looks like a nice sunset...but yeah, way over saturated.
2. really good 10/10 perfect focus, foreground, background, and composition.

There are no rules for a good photograph and there are no excuses for a bad one.
SELLING:40D, 50D, 10-22, Tamron 17-50 non VC, 5D, 14MM II, 24-105, 70-200 f/4 IS, 430EX, 530EX (ALL MINT W/Box)

Fred ­ Eric ­ Norris
406 posts
Joined Jul 2009

Aug 31, 2011 07:38 |  #5

sir, please step away from the saturation

spesmeadeus
987 posts
Joined Dec 2009

Sep 02, 2011 16:41 |  #6

Fred Eric Norris wrote in post #13029217 (external link)

bw!

How does focal length affect portraits? (external link)
| Website (external link) | Blog (external link) | flickr (external link) | Gear | Facebook (external link) |

phazelag
THREAD ­ STARTER
44 posts
Joined Jan 2011

Sep 02, 2011 20:00 |  #7

Fred Eric Norris wrote in post #13029217 (external link)

Dude I totally get it! Thanks. I agree. I have been using these editing tools for a while but I really havent found my style or what I like. But as I have been stepping away and coming back I am wanting to desaturate some of my photos. But that leads to a can of worms and I never get to bed!

Z
www.scottzinda.com (external link)

sponsored links

1,653 views & 0 likes for this thread
2nd Wedding
FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Weddings & Other Family Events 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.