Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos RAW, Post Processing & Printing 
Thread started 12 Sep 2011 (Monday) 14:33
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Images in Bridge CS5 opening in CS5 64 bit

Shooting
Goldmember
1,552 posts
Joined Jan 2008

Sep 12, 2011 14:33 |  #1

Now I have a new problem. My jpegs and raw images when using bridge in CS5 are opening in CS5 64 bit instead of 32. I want them to open in 32 bit. I went to edit, pref, file associations and picked the x86 cs5 photoshop.exe but they still open in 64 bit. How can I make them open in 32 bit? If I pick one image though it opens in 32, but more than one to open at once it opens in 64bit as default.

sponsored links
tim
Light Bringer
50,987 posts
Joined Nov 2004

Sep 12, 2011 16:33 |  #2

Have you tried setting file associations on windows or whatever OS you're running?

Professional wedding photographer, solution architect and general technical guy with multiple Amazon Web Services certifications.
Read all my FAQs (wedding, printing, lighting, books, etc)

PixelMagic
Cream of the Crop
5,546 posts
Joined Nov 2007

Sep 12, 2011 17:50 |  #3

As far as I can tell changing the file association has no effect on how Bridge works; it requires an edit of the Windows Registry to specify which version should open.

Here's the method I figured out a few years ago: https://photography-on-the.net …hp?p=11758536&p​ostcount=4

Shooting wrote in post #13091076 (external link)
Now I have a new problem. My jpegs and raw images when using bridge in CS5 are opening in CS5 64 bit instead of 32. I want them to open in 32 bit. I went to edit, pref, file associations and picked the x86 cs5 photoshop.exe but they still open in 64 bit. How can I make them open in 32 bit? If I pick one image though it opens in 32, but more than one to open at once it opens in 64bit as default.

Gear List

ScullenCrossBones
842 posts
Joined May 2009

Sep 12, 2011 18:22 |  #4

Why you you prefer 32bit? Is this a flash thing?

I'm just asking because I use 64 for everything and I don't seem to have any issues.

:p Gear
Mama done took my Kodachrome away...

krb
Cream of the Crop
8,818 posts
Joined Jun 2008
Location: Where southern efficiency and northern charm come together

Sep 12, 2011 18:27 |  #5

ScullenCrossBones wrote in post #13092287 (external link)
Why you you prefer 32bit? Is this a flash thing?

I'm just asking because I use 64 for everything and I don't seem to have any issues.

Some filters and plugins are still 32-bit only.

For the OP, you should be able to right click the image in Bridge and select the specific version of PS.

-- Ken
Comment and critique is always appreciated!
Flickr (external link)
Gear list

ScullenCrossBones
842 posts
Joined May 2009

Sep 12, 2011 18:38 |  #6

Thanks.

:p Gear
Mama done took my Kodachrome away...

Shooting
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
1,552 posts
Joined Jan 2008

Sep 12, 2011 22:03 |  #7

krb wrote in post #13092305 (external link)
Some filters and plugins are still 32-bit only.

For the OP, you should be able to right click the image in Bridge and select the specific version of PS.

Right, all my plugins are 32 bit. Yes, I can right click on an image and get to choose what to open it with. The problem lies in opening more than one image at a time, it automatically opens in the 64bit.

Shooting
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
1,552 posts
Joined Jan 2008

Sep 12, 2011 22:20 |  #8

PixelMagic wrote in post #13092129 (external link)
As far as I can tell changing the file association has no effect on how Bridge works; it requires an edit of the Windows Registry to specify which version should open.

Here's the method I figured out a few years ago: https://photography-on-the.net …hp?p=11758536&p​ostcount=4

Thanks..the registery entry has CS3 listed which I have installed to work with Album DS. ALBUM DS only works with CS thru CS4. As I said, when I open one image it opens with 32bit CS5 fine..but selecting more than one image and open (whether it be open or with with default that says photoshop) they open in 64 bit.

tan5635
36 posts
Joined Jun 2011

Sep 17, 2011 20:20 |  #9

Open CS5 x32 first then when you open pics in Bridge it will open pics in x32.

bohdank
Cream of the Crop
14,060 posts
Joined Jan 2008

Sep 18, 2011 09:53 |  #10

What he said.

Bohdan - I may be, and probably am, completely wrong.
Gear List

Montreal Concert, Event and Portrait Photographer (external link)
Flickr (external link)

Shooting
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
1,552 posts
Joined Jan 2008

Sep 20, 2011 20:54 |  #11

bohdank wrote in post #13121952 (external link)
What he said.

Ok great..that worked..thanks people.

:)

sponsored links

2,147 views & 0 likes for this thread
Images in Bridge CS5 opening in CS5 64 bit
FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos RAW, Post Processing & Printing 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.