Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Motorsports 
Thread started 17 Sep 2011 (Saturday) 01:17
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

The Night Before The Nationals

Bosscat
Goldmember
1,892 posts
Joined Apr 2005

Sep 17, 2011 01:17 |  #1

Saw over 60 cars in the house, 6 heats, two A-mains, a heads up match race format, a shootout and Vintage cars as a support race.

And more and more drivers discovering that high, wide and handsome, is the fast way around if you have the attachments.

HOSTED PHOTO
please log in to view hosted photos in full size.

HOSTED PHOTO

Your camera is alot smarter than the "M" Zealots would have you believe

sponsored links
RacingMoose
338 posts
Joined Aug 2005

Sep 19, 2011 21:26 |  #2

Nice panning shots as always. What shutter speed did you use for these?

And did any of the locals from my area (PA Posse) enter? Everyone here is getting ready for the 2 day World of Outlaw nationals at Williams Grove in 2 weeks.

Bosscat
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
1,892 posts
Joined Apr 2005

Sep 20, 2011 09:21 |  #3

Robbie Stillwaggon came in from NJ, Wayne Johnson and Shane Stewart from OK, Sam Hafertepe, Jr from Texas, and the vast majority from NY, OH and MI along with Ontario and Quebec.

We had 66 cars show up, as people are starting to find the sledding tough with some of the big names showing up these days for the big pay days.

Shutter speeds are always low and depend on how rough or smooth the track is, and the flash is on the victory lane camera, unless I am doing cockpit shots under a red flag.

Hollywoodgt
971 posts
Joined Mar 2011

Sep 20, 2011 23:04 as a reply to  @ Bosscat's post |  #4

Wow great captures......very clean

www.Jeffreyantonphotog​raphy.com (external link) http://www.modelmayhem​.com/jeffreyanton (external link)
Bodies:5D Infared 5D MK II/5D MKIII 4 Travellites 750R
18=55mm/55-250mm/50mm Ef1.8/70-200 ef2.8L IS II/85mm 1.2L II/24-70mm 2.8L II/16-35mm 2.8L II 2X Ext II
(3) 430EX/(3) remotes/2umbrellas plus assortment of defusers

Strattos
143 posts
Joined Jan 2010

Sep 21, 2011 03:08 |  #5

Could I ask what lens you used?

The only reason I'm asking is I've shot speedway sidecars and they can be a bit eratic (no brakes and all) and suddenly spin in-field making you dodge them.

How close are you to the action? I couldn't imagine trying to avoid one of those monsters!

Bosscat
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
1,892 posts
Joined Apr 2005

Sep 21, 2011 08:38 |  #6

135L and there is a low wall to the inside of the corner, that I am shooting over, but also standing back a ways from the wall in order to get all the car in the frame. I never shoot bottom feeders running along the wall, as I don't like that look of a less then picture perfect retaining wall.

Most of the time I use a 70-200, but for the Nats I like to swing the 135L, so I rent one.

riotseeds
35 posts
Joined Jul 2010

Sep 22, 2011 13:39 |  #7

How is the focusing speed on the 135 compared to the 70-200?

Bosscat
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
1,892 posts
Joined Apr 2005

Sep 22, 2011 15:38 |  #8

riotseeds wrote in post #13146041 (external link)
How is the focusing speed on the 135 compared to the 70-200?

It IS my fav lens to use, as it does everything I ask of it very very well, and gives some of the most droolable bokeh you could want.

If you can't afford a 135L for whatever reason...how is this for a 100% crop out of a shot with a 100mm F2.0 It seems about as close on performance as you could hope for, with half the cost.

HOSTED PHOTO

HOSTED PHOTO

sponsored links

1,665 views & 0 likes for this thread
The Night Before The Nationals
FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Motorsports 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.