Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos Presentation & Building Galleries 
Thread started 21 Sep 2011 (Wednesday) 08:23
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Zenfolio resolutions for online display and printing

Gel
Goldmember
1,145 posts
Joined Sep 2009

Sep 21, 2011 08:23 |  #1

Hi Zenfolio users.
I used to upload images 800 pixels on the long edge for viewing but since get 50mb cable the idea of uploading high res images that are also print ready seems like a good idea.

Thing is, if I upload a 2000 pixel (long edge) sized image will zenfolio try to load the full size each time or is this something I can set in access control?

Chris Giles Photography

Bearmann
Goldmember
1,226 posts
Joined Feb 2008
Location: I live behind Graceland in a tool shed. I often meet the man early in the morning at Krispy Kreme.

Sep 22, 2011 13:17 |  #2

You can set the displayed picture size in the user control panel, e.g. small, medium, large, extra large, etc.

Barry

http://b-r-s-photo.zenfolio.com (external link) (remove the dashes)

luigis
Goldmember
1,399 posts
Joined Jun 2008

Sep 22, 2011 13:34 |  #3

Nope ZF will generate the lower-res photos and use them as needed. It will NOT load your original file.
In other words yes you can/should upload the original files.

Gel wrote in post #13138530 (external link)
Hi Zenfolio users.
I used to upload images 800 pixels on the long edge for viewing but since get 50mb cable the idea of uploading high res images that are also print ready seems like a good idea.

Thing is, if I upload a 2000 pixel (long edge) sized image will zenfolio try to load the full size each time or is this something I can set in access control?

www.luisargerich.com (external link)
Landscape Photography & Astrophotography
Follow me on Twitter (external link)
My Awesome Gear List

FlyingPhotog
Cream of the "Prop"
57,560 posts
Joined May 2007

Sep 22, 2011 15:55 |  #4

I upload sRGB JPEG @ 5000X on the long edge (even if it means slight up-rezzing) and I've yet to have anyone complain that a print (through MPix) was unacceptable.

Jay
Crosswind Images (external link)
Facebook Fan Page (external link)

"If you aren't getting extraordinary images from today's dSLRs, regardless of brand, it's not the camera!" - Bill Fortney, Nikon Corp.

sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

1,105 views & 0 likes for this thread
Zenfolio resolutions for online display and printing
FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos Presentation & Building Galleries 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.