Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EOS Digital Cameras 
Thread started 22 Feb 2008 (Friday) 16:00
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

-=1D Mk II and Mk IIn Owners Unite! (Round 2)

Kyles
377 posts
Gallery: 1 photo
Joined Jan 2010

Sep 25, 2011 21:38 as a reply to  @ post 13162208 |  #46

thank you, I think? ;)

Cameras - 1DMKIV - 1DMKII - 7D W/Grip
Primes - 100 F2.8 macro L - 135 F2 L - 300 F4 L
Zooms - 24-70 F2.8 L - 70-200 F2.8 L - 70-200 F4 L
Tripod - RRS TVC 33 - RRS BH55

sponsored links
ridindirty
260 posts
Joined Mar 2011

Sep 26, 2011 20:58 as a reply to  @ post 13157039 |  #47

EOS Utility is here on Canons website:

http://www.usa.canon.c​om …ark_ii#DriversA​ndSoftware (external link)

jarski
94 posts
Joined Jan 2006

Sep 27, 2011 04:19 |  #48

ridindirty wrote in post #13167869 (external link)

hmmh. also Mac version seems to be paralyzed by software discontinuum :( Rosetta does not work in Lion anymore.

ZeissFan
170 posts
Joined Feb 2006

Sep 27, 2011 09:12 |  #49

but no law, rule, or other constraint in having an older OS on one's Mac or heaven forbid, keeping an old mac around til it 'actually' fails. :D
I do that all the time. I have a MacPro (love it) and a pokey ole powerbook that barely runs OSX vers 1.0 (can't remember which predatory feline it was named after... all becomes a blur after awhile!).

RLW

jarski wrote in post #13169982 (external link)
hmmh. also Mac version seems to be paralyzed by software discontinuum :( Rosetta does not work in Lion anymore.

1DmkII, Zeiss 50mm f1.8, Leica Summicron Fifty, & Elmarit Ninety, via Mount Adapters and Some Crappy Zooms!

ridindirty
260 posts
Joined Mar 2011

Sep 27, 2011 09:43 |  #50

ridindirty wrote in post #13167869 (external link)

Oops. These are all updates. Where can I find the original EOS Utility if I dont have the disk?

ZeissFan
170 posts
Joined Feb 2006

Sep 27, 2011 10:04 |  #51

I have no idea why Canon makes it such a PITA to get the software they give away free with every dang-nabbit-frackin camera!

I PMed you with the only solution I found myself.

ridindirty wrote in post #13170782 (external link)
Oops. These are all updates. Where can I find the original EOS Utility if I dont have the disk?

1DmkII, Zeiss 50mm f1.8, Leica Summicron Fifty, & Elmarit Ninety, via Mount Adapters and Some Crappy Zooms!

george ­ m ­ w
Goldmember
4,022 posts
Joined Oct 2007

Sep 27, 2011 10:57 |  #52

Fear not....one of POTN's own kind folks to the rescue. Don was kind enough to place it here:

http://www.cdifoto.com​/dpp.php (external link)

....download and install it, then go to the Canon site and do your updates.

regards, george w

"It's also obvious that people determined to solve user error with more expensive equipment will graduate to expensive user error."
Dave N.

ridindirty
260 posts
Joined Mar 2011

Sep 27, 2011 15:58 |  #53

george m w wrote in post #13171120 (external link)
Fear not....one of POTN's own kind folks to the rescue. Don was kind enough to place it here:

http://www.cdifoto.com​/dpp.php (external link)

....download and install it, then go to the Canon site and do your updates.

That is DPP, not EOS Utility.

ridindirty
260 posts
Joined Mar 2011

Sep 27, 2011 16:12 |  #54

New thread on this issue: https://photography-on-the.net …450&highlight=e​os+utility

I dont see how to upgrade DPP to EOS Utility, I tried that. So I am dl'ing the torrent.

Ross ­ Murray
220 posts
Joined Nov 2010

Sep 27, 2011 16:31 |  #55

As I recall all the downloads are "updaters" but they're actually the full thing, you just have to change registry info or something. I might have the .reg files on my laptop. Too late at night for me to be faffing about with that just now, but I'll try to do it tomorrow.

Camera: Canon EOS 1D MkII
Lenses: Canon 50mm f/1.8 II, Canon 50mm f/2.5 Macro, Canon 70-200mm f/2.8L,
Sigma 15-30mm f/3.5-4.5 EX DG, Sigma 400mm f/5.6 APO HSM Telemacro, Tamron SP 90mm F/2.5 Macro
Flickr (external link)

george ­ m ­ w
Goldmember
4,022 posts
Joined Oct 2007

Sep 27, 2011 17:13 |  #56

it's been a while since i looked at it, but i was thinking that when you install DPP, eos utility is in there also ? Yes ? No ?

regards, george w

"It's also obvious that people determined to solve user error with more expensive equipment will graduate to expensive user error."
Dave N.

ridindirty
260 posts
Joined Mar 2011

Sep 27, 2011 17:25 |  #57

Well, I got it working, but I can't control the camera from EOS Utility, so as of yet, no personal functions for me!

I think i need to DL a specific driver for it? This reminds me of 2003. :D

Ross Murray wrote in post #13172672 (external link)
As I recall all the downloads are "updaters" but they're actually the full thing, you just have to change registry info or something. I might have the .reg files on my laptop. Too late at night for me to be faffing about with that just now, but I'll try to do it tomorrow.

Yes you can change the registry if you want to go that route.

george m w wrote in post #13172825 (external link)
it's been a while since i looked at it, but i was thinking that when you install DPP, eos utility is in there also ? Yes ? No ?

Not that I found.

george ­ m ­ w
Goldmember
4,022 posts
Joined Oct 2007

Sep 27, 2011 17:47 |  #58

Quote:
Originally Posted by george m w View Post

Not that I found.

Maybe I didn't word that correctly. I was thinking that once you installed DPP as downloaded from Don's site, then you could go to the Canon site and update all of the apps, DPP, Zoombrowser, EOS Utility, etc.

Sorry....I'm not gonna uninstall from my computers so that I can go back in and try this from the beginning !

regards, george w

Dave N.

ridindirty
260 posts
Joined Mar 2011

Sep 27, 2011 18:12 |  #59

george m w wrote in post #13172937 (external link)
Maybe I didn't word that correctly. I was thinking that once you installed DPP as downloaded from Don's site, then you could go to the Canon site and update all of the apps, DPP, Zoombrowser, EOS Utility, etc.

Sorry....I'm not gonna uninstall from my computers so that I can go back in and try this from the beginning !

No worries George there are other ways to do it, such as download the torrent or change the reg. As I said, I downloaded DPP and tried to update EOS Utility and it did not work. Your mileage may vary!

george ­ m ­ w
Goldmember
4,022 posts
Joined Oct 2007

Sep 27, 2011 21:48 |  #60

No worries George there are other ways to do it, such as download the torrent or change the reg. As I said, I downloaded DPP and tried to update EOS Utility and it did not work. Your mileage may vary!

Yeah, it's been a while since I've installed or updated any of that, so I just can't remember how it worked. And perhaps it might be different depending on the O/S ? Not sure on that. I'm still stubbornly sticking with winXP pro, and have no intention of giving it up until I have to ! LOL.

As for a reg edit, I'm sure you know this....but in case we have less experienced users out there listening in on this conversation, they should take the warning seriously that editing your registry needs to be undertaken correctly and with a good understanding of what you are doing.

regards, george w

Dave N.

sponsored links

511,229 views & 255 likes for this thread
-=1D Mk II and Mk IIn Owners Unite! (Round 2)
FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EOS Digital Cameras 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.