sorry to hear about your experience man.
I got no issues with merkle, no shipping fee, no tax, no foreign transaction fee. They called me after they got a stock after a week.
My experience with Merkle's has been completely frustrating so far.
* No clue about inventory
* Willful misrepresentation of inventory
* Willful misrepresentation of expected ship dates and actual ship dates (they shipped the same package on 3 different days per their stories)
* Lying about problems with Canada Xpresspost as the reason to ship UPS (even when the order explicitly stated Xpresspost for USA delivery)
* Lying on 2 different occasions (AFTER shipment and AFTER bringing it to their attention that the UPS tracking says "standard" but package not yet picked up) about the UPS service being the next day service. Turned out to be a standard service. 7 calendar days to reach me after shipment
* Blatant disregard for integrity and honesty in the transaction
* Blatant disregard for good customer service
* Will not respond to emails at all. Will not return your calls at all even after they say they will.
I will never ever shop there again.
Henry's been great so far with the return and refund. They did mess up the paypal refund by initiating a separate payment transaction instead of using the "Issue Refund" link on the original transaction. This attracted additional fees from Paypal coming out of my pocket. Was a long drawn hassle with Henry's to get this corrected, but they did correct it in the end. My point of contact with Henry's had a bit of an attitude (Customer's always wrong, Henry's always right! What do I know about business and return processing and paypal refunds! etc. etc.). He seemed a bit boxed-in in his approach towards entertaining my communications around problems with the return/refund. Anyway, it went well after quite a bit of struggle and delays!
Henry's was super with the original order though. Everything was quick and easy. Shipped very quickly and via Xpresspost. It's just that their paypal based returns/refunds are a bit of a gray area where even they probably don't know what they are doing.