Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Marketplace & Market Info Market Watch 
Thread started 21 Sep 2011 (Wednesday) 15:15
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

5D II Deals

akakong
67 posts
Joined Dec 2007

Oct 26, 2011 11:51 |  #271

People were mentioning that canadian post xpress or w/e sent them a confirmation email with tracking number? I got no such thing and its been 24 hrs. I emailed henry's yesterday after receiving the shipping confirmation and they have yet to respond. I'm probably getting worried too soon but i hope all is legitimate.

Was hoping to get it by friday so I would have it for the weekend for foilage photos (thus out of state after friday for the weekend).

Canon 5D mkii | BG-E6 |17-40mm f/4L | 24-105mm f/4L IS | 50mm f/1.4 | 70-200mm f/2.8L
430EX Speedlite |

sponsored links
tpiini
379 posts
Joined Nov 2010

Oct 26, 2011 12:25 |  #272

akakong wrote in post #13309851 (external link)
People were mentioning that canadian post xpress or w/e sent them a confirmation email with tracking number? I got no such thing and its been 24 hrs. I emailed henry's yesterday after receiving the shipping confirmation and they have yet to respond. I'm probably getting worried too soon but i hope all is legitimate.

Was hoping to get it by friday so I would have it for the weekend for foilage photos (thus out of state after friday for the weekend).

I got TWO Emails from the Canadian Post Office. Later that day, or perhaps the next day, was when I got an Email from Henry's telling me that my body had shipped. Hmmm... Sounds like it's luck of the draw there regarding notification.

tpiini
379 posts
Joined Nov 2010

Oct 26, 2011 12:27 as a reply to  @ tpiini's post |  #273

On a related note, the latest tracking update from Canadian Post says that my package has left Canada and has arrived in the destination country. Has anyone else here in the US been able to track it beyond that point? I'm guessing that once it leave's Canada, the Canadian Postal Service isn't in any way connected to the USPS regarding tracking updates, so I'll probably not know anything else until my doorbell rings.

Thoughts?

13inches
389 posts
Joined Jan 2008

Oct 26, 2011 12:42 |  #274

If you plug the Canada Post tracking number into the USPS site you may get more info.

The reciprocal is true with packages that come to Canada via USPS.

tpiini
379 posts
Joined Nov 2010

Oct 26, 2011 12:48 |  #275

13inches wrote in post #13310144 (external link)
If you plug the Canada Post tracking number into the USPS site you may get more info.

The reciprocal is true with packages that come to Canada via USPS.

Aaahhh... I'll try that. Thank you!

(EDIT) YOU ROCK!!! I'd have never thought of that. My camera in now in the sort facility an hour from my house! Oh the kid-on-Christmas-Morning blues... ;-)a

akakong
67 posts
Joined Dec 2007

Oct 26, 2011 14:02 |  #276

Ugh. Did you guys use the same email on Henry's site as your paypal account? Mine are two different emails, and since i hadn't checked my email linked to paypal in a while I thought maybe it was sent there, but nothing. =( I hope mine shows up tomorrow as it'll be day "3" from when i got a shipping confirmation.

Canon 5D mkii | BG-E6 |17-40mm f/4L | 24-105mm f/4L IS | 50mm f/1.4 | 70-200mm f/2.8L
430EX Speedlite |

tpiini
379 posts
Joined Nov 2010

Oct 26, 2011 14:51 |  #277

Just so you all know the deal, Paypal charged me a total of $2,041.30 for this transaction. There have been a lot of questions about conversion fees and such. Hopefully this gives you all a better idea.

akakong
67 posts
Joined Dec 2007

Oct 26, 2011 16:25 |  #278

Yes same charge to me by PayPal. Doesn't seem like my bank has charged me anymore yet. Interesting fact is my online bank statement says it was withdrawn from henrys not PayPal, so I hope that doesn't give them a reason to charge a cad conversion fee.

On another note I just called Henry's and they were able to provide me with a tracking number. Bad news is even though I got the email yesterday saying it shipped, looks like Canada post only picked it up today, two hours ago. I wonder if I'll get it by Friday in CT. Hope so!

430EX Speedlite |

Executive ­ Images ­ Photo
835 posts
Joined Nov 2010

Oct 27, 2011 12:31 |  #279

Is anyone ordering with a credit card or bank card? I refuse to use paypal but would like to put an order in for one. If you have what was the total you had to pay?

WEBSITE: www.ExecutiveImagesPho​tography.com (external link)
GEAR: Canon 5D MK2 --- Canon 7D --- Canon 20mm f2.8 --- 24-70mm F2.8L --- 70-200mm F2.8L IS

JakAHearts
Cream of the Crop
6,746 posts
Gallery: 7 photos
Joined Sep 2010

Oct 27, 2011 12:43 |  #280

Executive Images Photo wrote in post #13315514 (external link)
Is anyone ordering with a credit card or bank card? I refuse to use paypal but would like to put an order in for one. If you have what was the total you had to pay?

You have to go through their paypal payment method to use a credit card. The total charges will depend on the days conversion rate and also whether your bank/credit card charges a currency conversion fee. Bank of America charges and its about 40-60 dollars. My credit union doesnt charge any fees. Youll have to check with your affiliation.

Shane
flickr (external link)

tpiini
379 posts
Joined Nov 2010

Oct 27, 2011 13:55 |  #281

YAY!!!! I just signed for a package from Canada!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Now for the unwrapping... ;-)a

howiewu
629 posts
Joined Feb 2011

Oct 27, 2011 14:38 |  #282

JakAHearts wrote in post #13315572 (external link)
You have to go through their paypal payment method to use a credit card. The total charges will depend on the days conversion rate and also whether your bank/credit card charges a currency conversion fee. Bank of America charges and its about 40-60 dollars. My credit union doesnt charge any fees. Youll have to check with your affiliation.

Then it is not that good of a deal.

Don't get me wrong, these prices are still good, but when I use my credit card on Amazon, for example, I get 3% back, and I don't have to pay shipping, and no exchange fee, etc. These things slowly add up and eat into the savings.

5DII, 70D
17-40mm f/4 USM L, 24-70mm f/4 IS USM L, 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6 IS USM L, 24mm f/3.5 TS-E L, 35mm f/2, 50mm f/1.4 USM, 100mm f/2.8 IS USM L, 300mm f/2.8 IS USM II L, 430 EX II, 270 EX II, 1.4x TC III, 2x TC III, Kenko Pro 300 1.4x TC
Home Page: http://www.travelerath​ome.com (external link), Blog: http://travelerathome.​wordpress.com (external link)

tete
275 posts
Joined Mar 2011

Oct 27, 2011 14:57 |  #283

how long does express generally take? for example to Arizona! ha... but seriously I ordered tuesday shipped weds, its says its in the USA, can I expect it by next week? anyone familiar or wanna let me know how long theirs took to give me an idea.

Nikon D700, 28-70 f2.8 Nikkor, 17-35mm Nikkor, 50mm 1.8 Nikkor, 28mm f2.8 Nikkor, Panasonic G3, Panasonic 14-45mm Lumix, Panasonic LX3, Canonet, 4 speedlites, some remotes some umbrellas, some stands, some cables and a few bags.
My website with old terrible low res pictures that I'll update at some point. (external link)

tpiini
379 posts
Joined Nov 2010

Oct 27, 2011 15:16 |  #284

tete wrote in post #13316338 (external link)
how long does express generally take? for example to Arizona! ha... but seriously I ordered tuesday shipped weds, its says its in the USA, can I expect it by next week? anyone familiar or wanna let me know how long theirs took to give me an idea.

Mine was shipped on Monday and it arrived this morning. So three days for Central, CA.

JakAHearts
Cream of the Crop
6,746 posts
Gallery: 7 photos
Joined Sep 2010

Oct 27, 2011 15:19 |  #285

howiewu wrote in post #13316231 (external link)
Then it is not that good of a deal.

Don't get me wrong, these prices are still good, but when I use my credit card on Amazon, for example, I get 3% back, and I don't have to pay shipping, and no exchange fee, etc. These things slowly add up and eat into the savings.

Well.... You still save around 150-200 dollars so I guess it depends on what your bank charges for the conversion. Still seems like a good deal to me.

Shane
flickr (external link)

sponsored links

38,684 views & 0 likes for this thread
5D II Deals
FORUMS Marketplace & Market Info Market Watch 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.