Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon Accessories 
Thread started 21 Sep 2011 (Wednesday) 19:43
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Review: Hufa Holder The Original Lens Cap Clip

iazybandit
Goldmember
2,094 posts
Joined Apr 2011

Sep 21, 2011 19:43 |  #1

IMAGE NOT FOUND
IMAGE IS A REDIRECT OR MISSING!
HTTP response: 404 | MIME changed to 'text/html' | Byte size: ZERO

Overview : Camera owners sometimes lose their lens caps or don't have the pocket to store their lens cap. Hufa solves this problem by keeping the lens cap close to the SLR Camera Lens and user at all times.

The Hufa Holder is the perfect camera accessory for all of you SLR Camera needs. It fits all kinds of SLR lens cap including Nikon Lens, Canon Lens, Sigma Lens and Tamron Lens caps.

Gone are the days of forgetting your lens cap at the beach, on a park bench, at the birthday party or the big game. Keep your lens cap free of dust, sand, dirt, and water by securing it safely out of harm's way. Keeps your lens cap out of your dog's mouth, out from under car tires, and out of the sand box.

Features :
  • Holds different sized lens cap
  • Keep your lens cap clean and safe
  • Fits all types of SLR neck straps
  • Fits most camera bags and lens bags
  • Made of durable plastic
  • Never lose a lens cap again!
Read the rest of the review at http://1kindphotograph​y.blogspot.com …er-original-lens-cap.html (external link)

Canon :: 5D Mark IV | EOS M5
Glass/Gear :: Canon 24-70L II | Canon 50mm f/1.8 STM | EF-M 22mm | EF-M 11-22
FULL GEAR LIST | FEEDBACK
FS: Varavon Monopod and Camtrol Prime Stabilizer | Tolifo LED Light, Luxi for All Light Meter, Ruggard Journey 34 Shoulder Bag

sponsored links
Jon
Cream of the Crop
69,628 posts
Joined Jun 2004

Sep 22, 2011 05:59 |  #2

Guess I'm sub-average. I haven't lost a lens cap in many years. This clip won't keep you from knocking the cap off the strap it's clipped to, thus losing not only the cap but the clip that was supposed to prevent its loss. A far better solution (especially with large diameter (77 mm on up) caps) is to put the cap in the same pocket, or same place in your bag, when you remove it.

Jon
----------
Cocker Spaniels
Maryland and Virginia activities
Image Posting Rules and Image Posting FAQ
Report SPAM, Don't Answer It! (link)
PERSONAL MESSAGING REGARDING SELLING OR BUYING ITEMS WITH MEMBERS WHO HAVE NO POSTS IN FORUMS AND/OR WHO YOU DO NOT KNOW FROM FORUMS IS HEREBY DECLARED STRICTLY STUPID AND YOU WILL GET BURNED.
PAYPAL GIFT NO LONGER ALLOWED HERE

iazybandit
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
2,094 posts
Joined Apr 2011

Sep 22, 2011 06:49 |  #3

I haven't lost any either (knock on wood). I never had a problem with knocking the cap off with the Hufa even if I put mine on a BlackRapid. On the BlackRapid, the strap is thin. On a normal strap like on a bag, its fine. Ill take a pick and update the review

FS: Varavon Monopod and Camtrol Prime Stabilizer | Tolifo LED Light, Luxi for All Light Meter, Ruggard Journey 34 Shoulder Bag

iazybandit
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
2,094 posts
Joined Apr 2011

Sep 22, 2011 09:17 |  #4

Just added 6 images of the Hufa on my BlackRapid RS-Sport and ThinkTank Speed Freak v2

rklepper
Dignity-Esteem-Compassion
8,994 posts
Joined Dec 2003
Location: No longer living at the center of the known universe, moved just slightly to the right. Iowa, USA.

Sep 22, 2011 09:35 |  #5

In 48 years of shooting I have not lost a single lens cap. Where did your statistics come from about lost lens caps?

Also, I am unclear if this is a review or a for sale ad.

Doc Klepper in the USA
I
am a photorealist, I like my photos with a touch of what was actually there.
Polite C&C always welcome, Thanks. Gear List

argyle
Cream of the Crop
8,187 posts
Joined Apr 2007

Sep 22, 2011 10:07 |  #6

rklepper wrote in post #13144774 (external link)
In 48 years of shooting I have not lost a single lens cap. Where did your statistics come from about lost lens caps?

Ditto...40 years and no lost lens caps...pockets work just fine. Sounds like the OP is pushing folks towards an advertisement on his/her blog. Sad thing is that someone will more than likely buy this thing. The old proverb "A fool and his money are soon parted" never seems to lose its relevance. :D

"Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son". - Dean Wormer

GEAR LIST

Headshotzx
Goldmember
4,488 posts
Joined Dec 2007

Sep 22, 2011 10:09 |  #7

Never lost a front lens cap. Nowadays I don't even use front lens caps.

Zexun | Flickr (external link) | YouTube (external link) |

crn3371
Cream of the Crop
7,198 posts
Joined Mar 2005

Sep 22, 2011 10:19 |  #8

A solution looking for a problem? I've been shooting on and off for over 40 years and never lost a cap. It's in my pocket, or more likely, in my bag. When I have a lens mounted, the cap is off, and doesn't go back on until I swap lenses.

iazybandit
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
2,094 posts
Joined Apr 2011

Sep 22, 2011 10:29 |  #9

rklepper wrote in post #13144774 (external link)

Overview is from the manufacturer themselves. This doesn't have to be geared towards those who lost. It can be for those who don't have pockets, have tight pockets or even for those female photographers who wear dresses and don't have any pockets.

This is a review. Read it for yourself. All my reviews have a link to online store for those who are interested in purchasing.

I also review video game related stuff and I always get questions of "where can I purchase this?" or "how much is this?", so with all my reviews, I include links and prices.

argyle wrote in post #13144943 (external link)
Ditto...40 years and no lost lens caps...pockets work just fine. Sounds like the OP is pushing folks towards an advertisement on his/her blog. Sad thing is that someone will more than likely buy this thing. The old proverb "A fool and his money are soon parted" never seems to lose its relevance. :D

Everyone has their own method of carrying their lens and not everyone is so lucky.

No one is twisting your arm to buy. Not everyone knows about certain products and I don't mind helping spreading the word.

Headshotzx wrote in post #13144959 (external link)

Aren't you afraid of damaging your lens? I shiver at the thought of an unprotected lens.

kokakaste2
Goldmember
3,546 posts
Joined Jan 2008

Sep 22, 2011 10:34 as a reply to  @ iazybandit's post |  #10

Headshotzx wrote in post #13144959 (external link)

Same, using hoods on lenses the Canon lens caps become a bit annoying. So I just leave the caps at home. :)

Oskar (Oscar) - stuff I use- Flickr (external link) - My Facebook page (external link) :)

Headshotzx
Goldmember
4,488 posts
Joined Dec 2007

Sep 22, 2011 10:34 |  #11

iazybandit wrote in post #13145069 (external link)
Aren't you afraid of damaging your lens? I shiver at the thought of an unprotected lens.

That's what hoods and UV filters are for, for the current day cameras. Even if my camera is in the bag, I don't want to fumble with a lens cap as I take the camera out for that shot appearing right in front of me :) no disrespect to your review of course. Just a matter of personal preference which I'm sure many people on the boards also have.

Zexun | Flickr (external link) | YouTube (external link) |

wuzzittoya
Goldmember
2,551 posts
Joined Aug 2011

Sep 22, 2011 10:39 |  #12

I have a hufa holder. When I used to shoot film I would use one of the film holders to slide my lens cap into, so I was used to having a place for my lens cap on my camera strap. It was disappointing to realize when I got my DSLR that the convenient little elastic parts were missing.

It is hard to get the clip onto your strap - it actually connects off to one side instead of just sliding on, so there's a bit of plastic over both ends to keep you from knocking it off easily. The Canon lenses I have have lens caps that are "hollow" on the back side so the clip keeps them very well. HOWEVER, the Sigma lens my hubby has doesn't have that kind of indentation on its lens cap so it doesn't seem as secure in the holder.

So far I've had no complaints, except that the two months I shot without one I developed the habit of throwing it into a pants pocket, jacket pocket, or leaving it in the catch in my truck... :-P

I like to push buttons on thingies that take pictures. Sometimes I like to push other buttons, too.
I only bite on the second Tuesday of every week, usually only mean people - they kinda taste like chicken...
You can call me Wuzzi

iazybandit
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
2,094 posts
Joined Apr 2011

Sep 22, 2011 10:41 |  #13

Headshotzx wrote in post #13145102 (external link)
That's what hoods and UV filters are for, for the current day cameras. Even if my camera is in the bag, I don't want to fumble with a lens cap as I take the camera out for that shot appearing right in front of me :) no disrespect to your review of course. Just a matter of personal preference which I'm sure many people on the boards also have.

I use hoods and UV filters but I still use the lens cap. Maybe its my mentality. I know the UV filter is meant to protect the lens but the UV filter can scratch easier. I guess I like protection over protection. LOL

I agree about not wanting to fumble with a lens cap but I guess it all depends on what you do.

I also agree with the personal preference. I'm sure the product to some is useless but like you said, its personal preference. I never knew about this product until someone mentioned it on a forum and thought I would purchase it. I ended up buying 3 to try it out and to me, I like it. Gave the remaining two to family members.

I've contacted the company and they're supplying a couple to give away.

iazybandit
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
2,094 posts
Joined Apr 2011

Sep 22, 2011 10:44 |  #14

wuzzittoya wrote in post #13145132 (external link)
I have a hufa holder. When I used to shoot film I would use one of the film holders to slide my lens cap into, so I was used to having a place for my lens cap on my camera strap. It was disappointing to realize when I got my DSLR that the convenient little elastic parts were missing.

It is hard to get the clip onto your strap - it actually connects off to one side instead of just sliding on, so there's a bit of plastic over both ends to keep you from knocking it off easily. The Canon lenses I have have lens caps that are "hollow" on the back side so the clip keeps them very well. HOWEVER, the Sigma lens my hubby has doesn't have that kind of indentation on its lens cap so it doesn't seem as secure in the holder.

So far I've had no complaints, except that the two months I shot without one I developed the habit of throwing it into a pants pocket, jacket pocket, or leaving it in the catch in my truck... :-P

I have a Sigma lens from my 24-70 (82mm!!!) and I don't have a problem with it being secure despite the lens cap being enormous

argyle
Cream of the Crop
8,187 posts
Joined Apr 2007

Sep 22, 2011 11:27 as a reply to  @ iazybandit's post |  #15

Sorry...that thing has "noob" written all over it. :D

"Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son". - Dean Wormer

GEAR LIST

sponsored links

7,154 views & 0 likes for this thread
Review: Hufa Holder The Original Lens Cap Clip
FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon Accessories 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.