Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Still Life, B/W & Experimental 
Thread started 26 Sep 2011 (Monday) 22:06
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Still Life w/bird

Clean ­ Gene
Goldmember
1,014 posts
Joined Nov 2010

Sep 26, 2011 22:06 |  #1

So I just took this one today. It's a little bit cool, but I dunno. Something's a little off. I think my biggest issue with this is that it's a little bit too busy and cluttered. I think that I probably should have backed off, given it a little more room to breathe, and used a little bit more open space. I'm just curious if y'all agree. Do you think it feels too tight and cluttered?

PHOTOBUCKET EMBEDDING IS DISABLED BY THIS MEMBER.
Photobucket sends ads instead of embedding photos from their free galleries.
Click the link (if available) below to see the image in a gallery page.

http://i1194.photobuck​et.com …ith_Frogs/mocki​ngbird.jpg (external link)

canonloader
Cream of the Crop
52,880 posts
Gallery: 1 photo
Joined Aug 2006

Sep 28, 2011 08:47 |  #2

I like it as it is. I'm a bird lover though. Poor thing. :)

Mitch- ____...^.^...____
My Microscope Stuff (external link)
Gear List, My You Tube (external link)
War is not about who's right, it's about who's left.

Clean ­ Gene
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
1,014 posts
Joined Nov 2010

Sep 29, 2011 00:22 |  #3

canonloader wrote in post #13175859 (external link)
I like it as it is. I'm a bird lover though. Poor thing. :)

I like birds myself.

Hell...I've recently been on a big "dead bird" theme and I'm not entirely sure why. If I had to narrow down the reasons, I think it's partly just me trying to come to terms with my own mortality. And I think that it's partly probably also just the fact that when I come across a dead bird, it's a little bit sad. So I think maybe it's also just a little bit comforting for me to build little shrines for these animals when I find them.

I guess on some level I'm just trying to express sadness, while simultaneously trying to tell myself that there's still a kind of beauty in death.

But that's all a bit of nothing, since that's all about me. If I was only interested in expressing things to myself, then I'd stick my pictures in a box and never show them to anyone. I guess I'm just more concerned about whether or not other people get that feeling when seeing these pictures, or if they think these pictures of mine come off as cheap and disrespectful.

canonloader
Cream of the Crop
52,880 posts
Gallery: 1 photo
Joined Aug 2006

Sep 29, 2011 03:39 |  #4

Looks like something the Inca's might have done. :)

I am a long time bird lover though, I mean my whole life. My first pet was a baby chicken and I had her for 8 years. But lately, now that I am at the other end of life, I have the time to really study them and spend most of my days with them just outside my open windows. At my desk most of everyday, they are sometimes just a couple feet from me, have accepted me and now take me for granted. So I see things about their lives that most people never will

Like when one of the Cardinals dies, they hold a wake. For real. They will all just disappear one day and not come back for 2 or 3 days, then one will come in for food, then a few more, and then they all show up and are subdued for a few days before life returns to normal. I have seen this many times. Cardinals, Blue Jays, some of the Sparrow species. Birds are not just dumb featherheads, they have a complete and complex society. :)

Mitch- ____...^.^...____
My Microscope Stuff (external link)
Gear List, My You Tube (external link)
War is not about who's right, it's about who's left.

airfrogusmc
I'm a chimper. There I said it...
36,485 posts
Gallery: 147 photos
Best ofs: 6
Joined May 2007

Oct 31, 2011 14:03 |  #5

Clean Gene wrote in post #13168335 (external link)
So I just took this one today. It's a little bit cool, but I dunno. Something's a little off. I think my biggest issue with this is that it's a little bit too busy and cluttered. I think that I probably should have backed off, given it a little more room to breathe, and used a little bit more open space. I'm just curious if y'all agree. Do you think it feels too tight and cluttered?

QUOTED IMAGE

As is Gene.... Very interesting image indeed.

sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

1,045 views & 0 likes for this thread
Still Life w/bird
FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Still Life, B/W & Experimental 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.