Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EOS Digital Cameras 
Thread started 12 Oct 2011 (Wednesday) 02:21
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

When is the Canon 8D coming?

Daan37
414 posts
Joined Apr 2008

Oct 13, 2011 13:06 |  #16

msowsun wrote in post #13239703 (external link)
Correct. Current Canon convention dictates an 8D would be a stripped down 7D. With single digit EOS cameras, a higher number means less features.

So the 7D has less features than the 5D (II)?

Canon + Elinchrom | www.daanbarnhoorn.nl (external link)

sponsored links
miguelr
452 posts
Joined Dec 2010

Oct 13, 2011 13:47 |  #17

Get the 7D. I don't see what more you could ask for from this camera (besides FF sensor, we know that's not gonna happen). EDIT: Well I would want manual audio control, but that could just be a firmware update rather than a whole new camera body. And swivel screen you say? Not for me tbh. Other than that, it has everything.

Guitarist turned aspiring concert photog.
7D | Σ 10 f2.8 Fisheye | 430EX II x2| ThinkTank Retro 5 | Fuji X10
Site: miguelrphoto.com (external link)

Higgs ­ Boson
Goldmember
1,953 posts
Joined Jan 2011

Oct 13, 2011 15:48 |  #18

Daan37 wrote in post #13246084 (external link)
So the 7D has less features than the 5D (II)?

The 7D is newer so it benefits from advancing technology. However, it is technically a lower end camera than the 5D due mainly to sensor size. That's not to say that the newer version of Canon's AF system in the 7D aren't great, but like I said, the 7D is a year newer than the 5DII. The 60D has a few newer features than the 7D as well....Does that make the 7D worse? No, the 7D has a few key features over the 60D like the 5Dii has over the 7D.....

A9 | A7R3 | 25 | 55 | 85

Nick5
Goldmember
2,965 posts
Joined Mar 2007

Oct 14, 2011 00:13 |  #19

Correct. Current Canon convention dictates an 8D would be a stripped down 7D. With single digit EOS cameras, a higher number means less features.

I doubt there will be an updated 7D any time soon. The 7D is just about perfect the way it is. What would you change?

Shutter count doesn't effect Image Quality. The shutter either works, or it doesn't. Yes, it will fail one day, but you won't see any degradation until it does fail.

The 7D was released with so many new features, I can't think of much to add to the 7D Mark II. As far as the 5D Mark II and 1Ds Mark IV, those will have many new and over due upgrades.

Canon 5D Mark III (x2), BG-E11 Grips, 7D (x2) BG-E7 Grips, Canon Lenses 16-35 f/4 L IS, 17-40 f/4 L, 24-70 f/4 L IS, 24-105 f/4 L IS, 70-200 f/2.8 L IS II, 70-200 f/4 L IS, 100-400 f/4.5-5.6 L IS, TS-E 24 f/3.5 L II, 100 f/2.8 L Macro IS, 10-22 f3.5-4.5, 17-55 f/2.8 L IS, 50 f/1.4, 85 f/1.8, Canon 1.4 Extender III, 5 Canon 600 EX-RT, 2 Canon ST-E3 Transmitters, Canon Pixma PRO-10 Printer

Rainyday
Goldmember
1,092 posts
Gallery: 7 photos
Joined Aug 2005

Oct 14, 2011 19:13 |  #20

I doubt there will be an updated 7D any time soon. The 7D is just about perfect the way it is. What would you change?

Shutter count doesn't effect Image Quality. The shutter either works, or it doesn't. Yes, it will fail one day, but you won't see any degradation until it does fail.

bw!

Unregistered.Coward
884 posts
Joined Oct 2010

Oct 15, 2011 07:10 |  #21

Higgs Boson wrote in post #13246805 (external link)
The 7D is newer so it benefits from advancing technology. However, it is technically a lower end camera than the 5D due mainly to sensor size. That's not to say that the newer version of Canon's AF system in the 7D aren't great, but like I said, the 7D is a year newer than the 5DII. The 60D has a few newer features than the 7D as well....Does that make the 7D worse? No, the 7D has a few key features over the 60D like the 5Dii has over the 7D.....

So the 1Dmk4 is inferior to the 5D because it also has a smaller sensor?

Logic fail

....the best camera is the one you have on you at the time.

Higgs ­ Boson
Goldmember
1,953 posts
Joined Jan 2011

Oct 15, 2011 10:18 |  #22

Unregistered.Coward wrote in post #13253638 (external link)
So the 1Dmk4 is inferior to the 5D because it also has a smaller sensor?

Logic fail

comparing the 1D line is not apples to apples. they are a pro line, the 5D and 7D are both consumer oriented cameras.

not to mention the 1D sensor is bigger than the 7D AND trounces it in AF and FPS....it also came out at (virtually) the same time as the 7D, which means it is also a year newer than the 5Dii. Does the 5D still have a bigger sensor? yes.....then put them in price perspective.....
1DIV - crop for 5K
5D - FF for 2.5K
7D - crop for 1.5K

it should be obvious that the 1D line does not follow the pricing/feature/sensor size trend of the entire non-1 series line.

my logic is not fail any more than yours, but I am not going to be a dumbass and say "FAIL" because I have enough respect for you as a human with the ability to type not to. and that's besides the fact that your question that apparently put my logic to shame was completely out of context and totally oversimplified my post, which you quoted....

A9 | A7R3 | 25 | 55 | 85

sponsored links

20,106 views & 0 likes for this thread
When is the Canon 8D coming?
FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EOS Digital Cameras 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.