Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon Accessories 
Thread started 21 Oct 2011 (Friday) 14:07
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Eye Piece/Extender for 7D

ChadAndreo
Goldmember
1,879 posts
Joined Nov 2006

Oct 21, 2011 14:07 |  #1

Has canon or anyone other company released an eye-piece for the 7D yet?
I have looked and have had no luck finding any.

Photographer + Cinematographer
LETS CONNECT - SOCIAL PHOTOGRAPHY SITE LINKS | Website (external link) | Wedding Site (external link) |
| Flickr  (external link) | Gear | 500px  (external link) | Tumblr (external link)

sponsored links
tvphotog
Cream of the Crop
6,093 posts
Gallery: 1 photo
Joined Aug 2007

Oct 21, 2011 14:22 |  #2

Try Thinktank. They have one that works perfectly for me. The outer piece is not foam, as it looks in the photos, it's hard material.

PHOTOBUCKET EMBEDDING IS DISABLED BY THIS MEMBER.
Photobucket sends ads instead of embedding photos from their free galleries.
Click the link (if available) below to see the image in a gallery page.

http://i17.photobucket​.com …b87/maxselma/DS​CN6017.jpg (external link)

PHOTOBUCKET EMBEDDING IS DISABLED BY THIS MEMBER.
Photobucket sends ads instead of embedding photos from their free galleries.
Click the link (if available) below to see the image in a gallery page.

http://i17.photobucket​.com …ma/Thinktankeye​piece1.jpg (external link)

Jay
Ireland in Word and Image (external link) Jay Ben Images (external link)5D IV | 5DS/R | Powershot S100 | 24-105L | 100-400 IIL | 16-35 f/2.8 IIL | 24 T/S f /3.5L II | 17 T/S f/4L | 50mm f/1.2L | 35mm f/1.4L | 70-200 f/2.8L II | 580 EX II | 600 EX-RT | Feisol 3441T/Markins Q3T lever QR | Gitzo 3542L Markins Qi20 BV-22 | Gitzo 5561T RRS MH-02

hollis_f
Cream of the Crop
10,649 posts
Gallery: 1 photo
Joined Jul 2007

Oct 22, 2011 05:19 |  #3

I've got the ThinkTank version and another, similar, eyepiece from Aquatech. I prefer the ThinkTank.

Frank Hollis - Retired mass spectroscopist
Give a man a fish and he'll eat for a day. Teach a man to fish and he'll complain about the withdrawal of his free fish entitlement.
Gear Website (external link)

BarrySpug
97 posts
Joined Oct 2011

Nov 09, 2011 21:33 as a reply to  @ hollis_f's post |  #4

I use one of these on my 7D. Extremely comfortable and very soft rubber that you can use against eye glasses without any trouble and can be rotated for left or right eye shooters. You can find them on ebay very easily. Just search for "eye cup for canon 7D"

HOSTED PHOTO
please log in to view hosted photos in full size.

I generally still take off my glasses when shooting though just for comforts sake and adjust my diopter to suit me. Not so good when someone else uses my camera though because everything is out of focus for them through the viewfinder but it doesn't happen enough to worry me.

Canon 7D gripped | EF-S 18-135mm | EF 50mm 1.8 | EF 70-200mm F2.8 L IS II | Steady hand | Fingers Crossed

Mark1
Cream of the Crop
6,725 posts
Joined Feb 2008

Nov 09, 2011 21:36 as a reply to  @ BarrySpug's post |  #5

Is that the hoodman eyepiece? I have been thinking about getting one like that. I miss my eyecup from the old days.

www.darkslisemag.com (external link)

lucasmcd
335 posts
Joined Aug 2010

Nov 10, 2011 00:19 as a reply to  @ Mark1's post |  #6

I was using the hoodman on my 50D , it was comfortable to use but it did block the LCD screen a little bit ;) the only real problem it was easy to knock and get dislodged from the camera , the last time it came off I could'nt find it :confused:

Olympus OMD EM-5

12-50 , 25 F1.4 , 60 F2.8 Macro , 75 F1.8 , Tripod 3LT Brian , Lee Seven5 .

BarrySpug
97 posts
Joined Oct 2011

Nov 10, 2011 15:46 |  #7

Mark1 wrote in post #13378930 (external link)
Is that the hoodman eyepiece? I have been thinking about getting one like that. I miss my eyecup from the old days.

It is indeed the hoodman. And as the poster above also said - it does block the LCD slightly but not enough to really affect you reviewing your shots. It's certainly not a deal breaker for me.

Canon 7D gripped | EF-S 18-135mm | EF 50mm 1.8 | EF 70-200mm F2.8 L IS II | Steady hand | Fingers Crossed

iazybandit
Goldmember
2,119 posts
Joined Apr 2011

Nov 10, 2011 17:25 |  #8

I modified my eyepiece with a magnifier. But prior to my mod, i just bought an adapter and eye cup. I don't know if it would fit on a canon. From what I was told and from reading other peoples experience it would fit so as long your eye piece is rectangular. Here is my DIY

http://1kindphotograph​y.blogspot.com …n-dslr-camera-dk-17m.html (external link)

Canon :: 5D Mark IV | EOS M5
Glass/Gear :: Canon 24-70L II | Canon 50mm f/1.8 STM | EF-M 22mm | EF-M 11-22
FULL GEAR LIST | FEEDBACK
FS: Moza Air Gimbal with Thumb Controller and Moza AirCross Gimbal | Custom SLR Dual Glide Strap, BounceLite Flash Modifier, Tolifo LED Light, Varavon Monopod

bohdank
Cream of the Crop
14,060 posts
Joined Jan 2008

Nov 10, 2011 19:12 |  #9

BarrySpug wrote in post #13378922 (external link)
I use one of these on my 7D. Extremely comfortable and very soft rubber that you can use against eye glasses without any trouble and can be rotated for left or right eye shooters. You can find them on ebay very easily. Just search for "eye cup for canon 7D"

thumbnail
Hosted photo: posted by BarrySpug in
./showthread.php?p=133​78922&i=i209269846
forum: Canon Accessories

I generally still take off my glasses when shooting though just for comforts sake and adjust my diopter to suit me. Not so good when someone else uses my camera though because everything is out of focus for them through the viewfinder but it doesn't happen enough to worry me.

I have these on my 5DII's. I wear glasses and the regular eyepiece has destroyed the coatings on my glasses. The Hoodman works great. I can see the entire frame, even with glasses.

Bohdan - I may be, and probably am, completely wrong.
Gear List

Montreal Concert, Event and Portrait Photographer (external link)
Flickr (external link)

Mark1
Cream of the Crop
6,725 posts
Joined Feb 2008

Nov 10, 2011 19:26 |  #10

BarrySpug wrote in post #13382411 (external link)
It is indeed the hoodman. And as the poster above also said - it does block the LCD slightly but not enough to really affect you reviewing your shots. It's certainly not a deal breaker for me.

Blocking the LCD is a moot point with me. It is only for quick referance any way. I may just have to break down and buy one.

www.darkslisemag.com (external link)

sponsored links

3,238 views & 0 likes for this thread
Eye Piece/Extender for 7D
FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon Accessories 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.