Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EOS Digital Cameras 
Thread started 22 Oct 2011 (Saturday) 22:37
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

5Dc + Win7 64 and Eos Utility to change Author?

tsong
267 posts
Joined Nov 2010

Oct 22, 2011 22:37 |  #1

Hey guys,

I just upgraded to a 5Dc. The previous owner's name appears on all my files that I export to jpeg from LR3.

I keep Googling, and all I can find is, you need to connect to EOS Utility to be able to change the author, but my 5Dc does not show up in EOS Utility through USB connection. I changed the Communication to Print/PTP for it to detect on my computer, in PC Connect mode nothing shows on the computer.

I tried to Reset all settings but files still show his name.

Anyone know if there's anything I can do at all?

Please let me know

jwcdds
Cream of the Crop
14,926 posts
Gallery: 1738 photos
Best ofs: 5
Joined Aug 2004

Oct 22, 2011 23:37 |  #2

probably have to run virtual machine to run in XP mode and run EOS utility through there.

Julian
Gear/Feedbacks | SmugMug (external link) | Flickr (external link) | Blog (external link) | Instagram (external link) | YouTube (external link)
My Reviews | "The Mighty One" (external link) | "EF 85mm f/1.4 L IS Review" (external link)
Founding member and President of the BOGUS Photo Club (Blatantly-Over-Geared & Under-Skilled)

tsong
THREAD ­ STARTER
267 posts
Joined Nov 2010

Oct 22, 2011 23:51 |  #3

I forgot I had an old XP PC in my house. Took about an hour just now, but I installed EOS Utility and the USB driver for the 5D on it, was able to change my name easily.

It's weird how Canon hasn't made a driver for Windows 7 64.

Thanks

jwcdds
Cream of the Crop
14,926 posts
Gallery: 1738 photos
Best ofs: 5
Joined Aug 2004

Oct 23, 2011 00:00 |  #4

tsong wrote in post #13291792 (external link)
I forgot I had an old XP PC in my house. Took about an hour just now, but I installed EOS Utility and the USB driver for the 5D on it, was able to change my name easily.

It's weird how Canon hasn't made a driver for Windows 7 64.

Thanks

Not weird, IMO. Old tech. Doesn't make sense to divert resources to support a camera that old. While you might make existing owners (pretty much all 2nd and 3rd-hand owners now that Canon didn't make a buck off of for selling the camera), they're in the business of wanting you to buy new cameras so they don't go out of business. :D

Julian
Gear/Feedbacks | SmugMug (external link) | Flickr (external link) | Blog (external link) | Instagram (external link) | YouTube (external link)
My Reviews | "The Mighty One" (external link) | "EF 85mm f/1.4 L IS Review" (external link)
Founding member and President of the BOGUS Photo Club (Blatantly-Over-Geared & Under-Skilled)

tacoman1423
155 posts
Gallery: 4 photos
Joined May 2010

Oct 23, 2011 07:27 |  #5

jwcdds wrote in post #13291719 (external link)
probably have to run virtual machine to run in XP mode and run EOS utility through there.

Tried this a while back, it doesnt work. The host computer has to recognize the USB connection for it to be detectable in XP mode.

Averion Photography (external link)
FLICKR (external link)

sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

1,903 views & 0 likes for this thread
5Dc + Win7 64 and Eos Utility to change Author?
FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EOS Digital Cameras 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.