I honestly thought the forum would be awash with BTCC threads, it being the championship decider and the place being overrun with Photographers with Canon gear...
Anyhoo. I took my 15 year old Nephew for a weekend away to "The Home of British Motorsport". He spent the weekend waving my 7D & 100-400L around (more of that later) whilst i kept a firm hold of my 1D MKIV & Sigma 500....here's some of the results.
1. Focus on a Focus....Mat Jackson made a valiant attempt to pass Matt Neal in race 1, but ultimately too much kerb-cutting caused a puncture.
2. Andrew Jordan's ever colourful Vauxhall Vectra. Probably the last time we'll see this car.
3. That Focus again...this time with a slight prod of the pan stick...
4. Rob Austin's NGTC Rear Wheel Drive Audi A4...this could be a serious contender with some development over the Winter.
5. A Turbo, a Turbo...my Kingdom for a Turbo. Jason Plato's season long moans about the Turbo cars out-dragging his Chevrolet Cruze have both annoyed and delighted the fans in equal measures!
6. The completely bonkers Proton Gen2...apparently the silly bumpers and arches are needed to meet the minimum length & width regulations.
7. Getting a bit close through Luffield in the early laps of race 1...
8. Gordon Shedden leads race 2, but Matt Neal (following) took the Championship at the end of the day's racing.
All the above are with the 1DMKIV / Sigma 500 EX f4.5 DG Combo.
So, this was my first visit to the "new" Silverstone and to my amazement it has actually improved a fair bit as far as Photography goes. I'll be interested to try out an event on the full circuit next year..
Cheers for loooking, even if you didn't!