Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre Urban Life & Travel Talk 
Thread started 28 Oct 2011 (Friday) 10:11
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Anyone been to Iceland?

Gel
Goldmember
1,145 posts
Joined Sep 2009

Oct 28, 2011 10:11 |  #1

Thinking of going this month on a Camera jolly.

Tips or advice?

Chris Giles Photography

bob_bobski
31 posts
Joined Feb 2007

Oct 30, 2011 11:36 |  #2

I'm heading there first week in March next year :-)
Can't wait, i look forward to seeing your pictures.

Bob

350D -- 400D -- 50D -- Sigma 10-20mm f/4-5.6 EX DC HSM -- EF-S 17-85mm f/4-5.6 IS USM -- EF 50mm f/1.8 II -- EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 -- Tamron SP AF 90mm f/2.8 Di -- EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS USM -- EF 75-300mm f/4.0-5.6 IS USM -- 2x II Extender -- 580EX

Bianchi
Cream of the Crop
6,783 posts
Gallery: 41 photos
Best ofs: 2
Joined Jan 2010

Nov 05, 2011 19:32 |  #3

At the time I was there, I wasnt into photography

When landed at the airport, the trip to the city of Recykjavik was like I landed on the moon, everthing baron with los of valconic hardening black rock. Pleny of photo ops.

Once in the city, things changed, You can tell the folks who lived there but not from there had aluminium foil on there windows, so they could sleep at night, as it doesnt get dark half the year. (Midnight Sun ). Very clean air, no polution. Excellent lamb, best I had anywhere, great cheeses. No one pays for heat, as all homes are heated thermally. In the winter you can see the steam from the pool in the city, its open all year, because its heated naturally. Can tell you the water is very sulferly smelling when bathing. Plenty of photo ops

On the other side of Recykjavik every thing is green and lush, geisures, fjords , lots of sheep grazing and the minature Icelandic horse. Definatelly plenty of photo ops

Beautiful women and great clubs. They drink to get drunk, at least that was my perspective. In Iceland its customary if you vist to bring a bottle of liquor. You will see peope on the golf course at midnight.

From a Photographers perspective, I think there will be many oportunities to be had.

I came back with hand made Icelandic sweater and a couple sheep skins to use as throw rugs.

Enjoy your trip.

My Gear flickr (external link)

kiss-o-matic
Goldmember
1,738 posts
Joined Nov 2007

Nov 13, 2011 22:05 |  #4

Dumb question: any vegetarian food? This is one place that's high on my vacation list... getting there from my current locale is both timely and costly, so I'll just wait. Drink to get drunk? Sounds like my kind of place.

sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

1,137 views & 0 likes for this thread
Anyone been to Iceland?
FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre Urban Life & Travel Talk 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.