Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos Video and Sound Editing 
Thread started 31 Oct 2011 (Monday) 01:10
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

New Video

MikePrattPhotography
522 posts
Joined May 2007

Oct 31, 2011 01:10 |  #1

Check out my new promotional video I did favor a friend of mine!!

ANY C&C WELCOMED AND APPRECIATED!

http://www.youtube.com​/watch?v=t4h2T5PGWG8 (external link)

www.michaeloliveri.net (external link)
http://blog.michaeloli​veri.net (external link)

sponsored links
Cetre
336 posts
Joined Nov 2009

Oct 31, 2011 02:55 |  #2

Well done video with some pretty slick shots in there! My critique would be to put as much into your audio as you do your picture. "Sound is half your picture" is a quote to live by. Not sure how you mic'd your interviews but I wanted better audio than what I heard.

Overall, great job.

-Cetre
When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.
---------------
A camera, some lenses, some flashes.

John ­ Sims
Goldmember
1,437 posts
Joined Sep 2006

Oct 31, 2011 04:24 |  #3

Cool and completely fearless with regard to camera placement. :-)

Loved some of the slo mo stuff though the slide bit might have been a gnats too drawn out.

With Cetre on the audio. It might have helped to cover some of the remoteness of the interview audio by keeping the music going dropped right back in the background. Just a thought.

Otherwise a top class job.

John Sims
Canon 60D, 30D, 10D, AE1 & some other stuff

ChasWG
Goldmember
3,640 posts
Joined Aug 2009

Oct 31, 2011 11:03 |  #4

Really a very nice piece you did for them! A little bit hallow on the interview sound, but that's what I do for a living, so I have to ding you there, but beyond that, a really nice job!

Some questions for you:

Did you place your Canon cameras in the fenderwells of that truck or was it a GoPro Hero? Please tell me it was a GoPro!

What mic did you use for the interviews? I'm assuming it was the camera mic because of the hallow nature of that sound.

Again, a really nice piece of work, you should be proud!

Chas Gordon
7D Gripped/40D Gripped/10-24/EF24-70 f2.8L/EF70-200 f4L/EF50 f1.8 Mk I/EF85 f1.8
http://www.flickr.com/​photos/chaswg/ (external link)
http://vimeo.com/user9​461302/videos (external link)

Eric ­ T
567 posts
Joined Dec 2007

Oct 31, 2011 15:53 |  #5

Nice job, what did you use to keep the dirt out of your camera /lens

Canon Gripped 5D Mark iii x2 & 1DX | Canon 400mm & 300mm f/2.8 L IS | Canon 15mm, 16-35mm f/4 IS, 24-70mm f/2.8 ii, and 85 f/1.2 Mark ii | Canon 70-200mm f/2.8 IS II |Canon 580EX II Speedlite Flash | Canon 1.4x III

lecherro
809 posts
Joined Aug 2007

Oct 31, 2011 16:41 |  #6

First off Very Nice job. But since you asked for C&C, here ya go. One I totally agree on the audio, Get the mic on them if at all possible. If you have to use an off body mic make it a shotgun and get it as close to your subject as possible. That will cut down on the hollow sound you hear. 2) Pick up the pace its about 30 to 40 seconds before you get to anything gripping. The shots are nice, but you need to get into the candy as soon as possible. 3) Pace your shots with your music. You have some great music to edit to with lots of beats. Make those edits hit the beats and speed them up. I like the super slomo shot of the truck in the power slide, but vary the shot up some couple seconds of normal speed then BAM< slow the Bam Fast... Get the idea?? Last) When you cut back and forth between footage and interview keep the music low but not so low. As you do a final mix, listen to it on a set of POS speakers. You may listen on 1000 dollar studio monitors, but the masses will listen as I did on the crappy speakers on my computer. The music almost vanished when i watched. Just some tip to help out please take them for what they are worth. Great job all around.

First step........ Take the lens cap off.

BrickR
Cream of the Crop
5,935 posts
Joined Mar 2011

Oct 31, 2011 21:45 |  #7

One minute into this and I thought to myself "this is really good!". Well done!

My junk
The grass isn't greener on the other side, it's green where you water it.

Photo99
539 posts
Joined Feb 2011

Oct 31, 2011 22:08 as a reply to  @ BrickR's post |  #8

Good job!

Photo99

MikePrattPhotography
THREAD ­ STARTER
522 posts
Joined May 2007

Nov 02, 2011 00:22 |  #9

Thanks for all the 411! I appreciate that!!

Yes, that was a GoPro in the wheel well ;)

Slo Mo was shot on a T3i.

Now, for the audio.... =D

Yes, There is only about 3 pieces that were recorded and synched with a boom mic and a zoom. We ended up losing about 1/2 of the audio due to card failure so we had to use the sound on tape.

I really appreciate all the time put into the critique! Have an amazing day!!

www.michaeloliveri.net (external link)
http://blog.michaeloli​veri.net (external link)

sponsored links

1,723 views & 0 likes for this thread
New Video
FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos Video and Sound Editing 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.