Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS General Gear Talk Flash and Studio Lighting 
Thread started 14 Nov 2011 (Monday) 15:05
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Elinchrom Users Only (Mark IV)

dbeugel
523 posts
Joined Jun 2012

Jan 09, 2015 20:17 as a reply to  @ post 17373865 |  #9721

Scott .... Woot!!? Mine are waayyy warmer than my strip boxes. If I shoot at 5600k the light from the Deep Octa is almost orange, whereas the strip boxes are nice and neutral. Hey on a positive note, my folks are in Vegas at the moment!! So I got them to order some Matthews bits from Adorama and have them mailed to the house they're staying in. No more grinding down those crappy Avenger pins............ ;)

I own a DSLR, some lenses and some lights.

sponsored links
dbeugel
523 posts
Joined Jun 2012

Jan 09, 2015 20:21 as a reply to  @ post 17374496 |  #9722

I have to shoot my BRX500 at mega power to freeze motion. Low power, even a slight hand movement turns to mush.

I own a DSLR, some lenses and some lights.

sincity
178 posts
Gallery: 3 photos
Joined Nov 2014
Post edited over 4 years ago by sincity.

Jan 10, 2015 01:24 |  #9723

Sheldon N wrote in post #17374496 (external link)
BXRi's have an okay flash duration, RX and Ranger/Quadra are better (esp wih an A head) and the Einstein's are king.

I just want to know how the new ELC500/1000 compare against the PCB Einsteins.. Are they just as good/Better/Worse???

RedCatPhoto
Goldmember
1,487 posts
Gallery: 7 photos
Joined Jun 2013

Jan 10, 2015 11:04 |  #9724

Well I am a su*ker, obviously, but I can't seem to find what adapter I'd need to plug a PW plus x on my ranger pack. I mean I get the mini jack entry on the quadra but not on the ranger. Does anyone know what adapter I'd need? Thanks.

JM - facebook (external link) - website (external link) - gear list

RedCatPhoto
Goldmember
1,487 posts
Joined Jun 2013

Jan 10, 2015 11:17 |  #9725

Sorry I found it, I guess I'd need this... http://www.bhphotovide​o.com …inchrom_to_Mini​phone.html (external link)

windpig
Chopped liver
14,831 posts
Gallery: 5 photos
Joined Dec 2008

Jan 10, 2015 14:16 |  #9726

As I remember I got that with the Pack.

Would you like to buy a vowel?
Go ahead, spin the wheel.
flickr (external link)
I'm accross the canal just south of Ballard, the town Seattle usurped in 1907.

RedCatPhoto
Goldmember
1,487 posts
Joined Jun 2013

Jan 10, 2015 14:52 |  #9727

With the Ranger or the PW? I didn't get this cable with the PW, would have to check in the Ranger suitcase if there was anything.

windpig
Chopped liver
14,831 posts
Joined Dec 2008

Jan 10, 2015 15:00 |  #9728

The cable to plug into the Ranger pack. I then had to buy a coupler to couple that cable to the sync cable that goes in to my Yongnuo receiver. I just don't remember having to spend that kinda money on a cable to hook up my non Elinchrom receiver.

flickr (external link)

Sheldon ­ N
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
2,163 posts
Joined Sep 2009

Jan 10, 2015 19:10 |  #9729

sincity wrote in post #17375039 (external link)
I just want to know how the new ELC500/1000 compare against the PCB Einsteins.. Are they just as good/Better/Worse???

Probably depends on the power setting, you compare at. In terms of capability to be VERY fast, the Einstein is the clear winner. It will go to as fast as 1/13,500 T.1 times and the ELC doesn't even get close to that. I think that advantage is more at the lower power settings, where as the ELC has fairly constant flash duration across the range.

My flickr (external link) | Gear + Feedback

RedCatPhoto
Goldmember
1,487 posts
Joined Jun 2013

Jan 16, 2015 02:59 |  #9730

So finally didn't feel like waiting for the siros to get released and went with the elc pro 500. Didn't want to start bothering with adapters and the strobe and delay features might add some creativity. Plus starting buying into bron surely would've made me invest a whole lot more eventually :rolleyes: :p

windpig
Chopped liver
14,831 posts
Joined Dec 2008

Jan 16, 2015 05:44 |  #9731

How is the value of the Swiss franc relative to the euro going to effect your lighting purchase?

flickr (external link)

RedCatPhoto
Goldmember
1,487 posts
Joined Jun 2013

Jan 16, 2015 06:43 |  #9732

Didn't think of that yet, just wished that this would've happened a month ago, when I purchased my 'blad in Belgium in euros... Elinchrom is still a bit cheaper in SUI than in the rest of Europe so not sure I would really benefit from purchasing abroad, will have to give a closer look at it.

Sheldon ­ N
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
2,163 posts
Joined Sep 2009

Jan 16, 2015 10:58 |  #9733

RedCatPhoto wrote in post #17384944 (external link)
So finally didn't feel like waiting for the siros to get released and went with the elc pro 500. Didn't want to start bothering with adapters and the strobe and delay features might add some creativity. Plus starting buying into bron surely would've made me invest a whole lot more eventually :rolleyes: :p

Congrats, those look like really nice strobes. I haven't felt the need to upgrade from my BXRi's, but if I did that would be what I'd want.

My flickr (external link) | Gear + Feedback

RedCatPhoto
Goldmember
1,487 posts
Joined Jun 2013

Jan 16, 2015 11:21 |  #9734

Sheldon N wrote in post #17385488 (external link)
Congrats, those look like really nice strobes. I haven't felt the need to upgrade from my BXRi's, but if I did that would be what I'd want.

Thanks! Yes they seem quite fine! Look a bit plastiquy but work very well, easy to set and use. Will try some of the creative modes over the weekend.

IMAGE: https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7501/16294342555_2b4f24d4f5_b.jpg
IMAGE LINK: https://flic.kr/p/qPSL​mB  (external link) Eva (external link) by jmbruchez - other stuff (external link), on Flickr

sincity
178 posts
Gallery: 3 photos
Joined Nov 2014

Jan 16, 2015 16:32 |  #9735

Yes.. Congrats on getting that ELC 500... i am wanting to push the button on an ELC 1000, but have to wait for it just a little bit longer...

One thing I was thinking is going from RX to ELC ; There is a Pocket Wizard dongle for the RX, but the ELC only have a mini-jack for signal input/flash sync. So I am hoping PW would have a solution for the new ELC.

sponsored links

1,057,462 views & 98 likes for this thread
Elinchrom Users Only (Mark IV)
FORUMS General Gear Talk Flash and Studio Lighting 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.