Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Marketplace & Market Info Market Watch 
Thread started 17 Nov 2011 (Thursday) 21:44
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Just Ripped Abe's of Maine a New ....

MDJAK
Cream of the Crop
24,743 posts
Gallery: 7 photos
Joined Nov 2004

Dec 01, 2011 08:24 |  #61

nicksan wrote in post #13473960 (external link)
This is good to hear and I am looking forward to seeing this implemented.

You look forward to Omar's next bowel movement, who are you kidding? bw!bw!:D

sponsored links
Billginthekeys
Billy the kid
7,359 posts
Joined Nov 2005

Dec 01, 2011 11:05 |  #62

Wow, I have ordered from Abe's several times when they had better prices than B&H or B&H was out of stock of something, never had any issues with them.

Mr. the Kid.
Go Canes!
My Gallery (external link)My Gear
what the L. just go for it.

isoMorphic
Goldmember
2,090 posts
Joined May 2008

Dec 01, 2011 11:14 |  #63

So what if the card had been brand new but defective?

As someone else said in a case where you need something quickly it's best to shop local.

nicksan
Man I Like to Fart
24,738 posts
Joined Oct 2006

Dec 01, 2011 12:12 |  #64

I think as long as you never have a problem with your order, Abe's is fine. The moment you do, it becomes a very sour experience. This was the case with me with my 35L purchase. The package was delivered, so all is well, so it's really a detriment to their overall image that they have such crappy customer service. This is the 7th or 8th time I ordered from them. I'll probably order from them again if the price is right. That's really about the only reason to go with Abe's. For us New Yorkers, it's a good option to have, along with Beach Camera.

MDJAK
Cream of the Crop
24,743 posts
Joined Nov 2004

Dec 01, 2011 12:41 |  #65

Ya get what u pay for. Screw Abe and the horse he rode in on. I just ordered a lens from BH. If you're not so damn cheap and looking to save on the tax, there is no reason to give them business.

nicksan
Man I Like to Fart
24,738 posts
Joined Oct 2006

Dec 01, 2011 15:03 |  #66

MDJAK wrote in post #13480102 (external link)
Ya get what u pay for. Screw Abe and the horse he rode in on. I just ordered a lens from BH. If you're not so damn cheap and looking to save on the tax, there is no reason to give them business.

I just got a call from a VP over there and he confirmed with me that I got the lens. Looks like he made the push to get me the lens on time and he said that he had a talk with the rep and his superior and the situation is now handled. He said he was going to send me a filter kit for free...probably a cheapo one that I will just throw away, but a nice gesture.

Anyways, for now, I'll forgive them. They corrected the situation. I've purchased from them many times and this is the first time I had an issue.

I saved about $120 over B&H prices b/c of tax. That's not much at all...but I'm not into throwing away money...just to see it used to clean up after the OWS mess. ;):lol:;)

MDJAK
Cream of the Crop
24,743 posts
Joined Nov 2004

Dec 01, 2011 15:07 |  #67

Who u kiddin. You'll sell that filter kit for top dollar.

schen1119
21 posts
Joined Jul 2011

Dec 01, 2011 18:57 |  #68

Dealing with Abe's can be a headache sometimes, but they do have pretty good deals sometimes. Right now I'm looking at a Sigma 10-20 f/4.0-5.6. It's $480 almost everywhere else. At Abe's they have it for $440 shipped to California. Then, you can apply a "LOYALTY15" coupon to knock off another $15. Finally, 2% cashback from fatwallet.com. Final total will come out to around $420 shipped which is a cool $40-50 less than B&H, Adorama, and Amazon.

60D | T1i | Canon 15-85 IS USM | Sigma 30 | Sigma 10-20 f/4-5.6 | Tamron 70-300 VC | Nissin di-622 flash | Benro Travel Angel A-0691 tripod

sponsored links

5,674 views & 0 likes for this thread
Just Ripped Abe's of Maine a New ....
FORUMS Marketplace & Market Info Market Watch 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.