Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos RAW, Post Processing & Printing 
Thread started 23 Nov 2011 (Wednesday) 16:43
Search threadPrev/next
POLL: "Did you pay for your Photoshop CS5"
Yes
73%
No
27%

122 voters, 122 votes given (1 choice only choices can be voted per member)). VOTING IS FOR MEMBERS ONLY.
BROWSE ALL POLLS
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Did you buy Photoshop CS5

this thread is locked
agedbriar
Goldmember
2,613 posts
Joined Jan 2007

Nov 26, 2011 18:42 |  #91

mcluckie wrote in post #13453757 (external link)
But I pay for all the software I use. Especially the ones I make money with.

Somehow this doesn't sound quite right to me... ;)

sponsored links
tomcat7886
Goldmember
3,277 posts
Joined Jun 2011

Nov 26, 2011 21:54 |  #92

want to venture in using a decent photoshop, but dun know whether worth to pay for such a high price. :(

Canon T2i | 18-55mm IS Kit | Tamron 17-50 f2.8 VC | Joby Gorillapod SLR-Zoommmmm! | Black Canon Edition Crumpler Industry Disgrace
Crumpler on Sale: BLACK https://photography-on-the.net ...ghlight=industry+di​sgrace

wfarrell4
Goldmember
2,551 posts
Joined Jun 2011

Nov 26, 2011 21:54 |  #93
bannedPermanent ban

That's why you have 30 days to try it for free from Adobe.

Will: flickr (external link)
Canon EOS

Merry Christmas

Veemac
Goldmember
2,098 posts
Joined Apr 2009

Nov 26, 2011 22:14 |  #94

tomcat7886 wrote in post #13455887 (external link)
want to venture in using a decent photoshop, but dun know whether worth to pay for such a high price. :(

Then use DPP (comes free with your camera), GIMP (free/open-source program with plenty of tutorials available on the internet)....or Photoshop Elements, which is currently available for $50 at several places. There are several other image editing programs which cost considerably less than CS5 and are more than capable for 99.9% of photographers.

No matter what angle somebody uses in an attempt to justify or rationalize it, stealing/pirating software is wrong. There's no right way to do a wrong thing.

Mac
-Stuff I Use-

mcluckie
I play with fire, run with scissors and skate on thin ice all at once!
2,065 posts
Gallery: 97 photos
Joined Jul 2009

Nov 27, 2011 08:45 |  #95

Quote: Originally Posted by mcluckie
But I pay for all the software I use. Especially the ones I make money with.

Somehow this doesn't sound quite right to me...

agedbriar wrote in post #13455220 (external link)
Somehow this doesn't sound quite right to me... ;)

Yeah, that came out wrong. The "especially" was an afterthought. I remembered a design buddy that always wanted me to hook him up with apps he'd use in his studio. I, and many of my peers, used to this sort of thing to evaluate before buying. Most of us bought, at least. But this guy never did, and used his ill-gained software in his booming design business. So the concept of making money with the software you get illegally really stuck with me. It's one thing to use something a few times a year for fun, but another to use for making money. That was my point...

SHorton: I have not been so lucky as to travel there, maybe someday. But I do work with a lot of Chinese. They are not stupid. They know. It is a choice.

Nope, not stupid. There was a time when I don't think anyone in China bought software, including schools. Now they do. I think the concept of intellectual property just isn't in the terminology of the culture. My Chinese wife told me that only the poor were involved in counterfeit products, but she later told me about her wealthy banker cousin doing Northface products, and i called her out on it. She was originally defending a friend (Counterfeit Mark) who couldn't get a job in China due to being slightly crippled, so sold 70% defective and 100% bootleg video games. When he got kicked off eBay a dozen times, he got religion and starting selling fishing lures direct from wholesalers. The top 200 sellers on eBay for this are all him.

multidisciplinary visual guy | traveler on the 8-fold path | seeker of the spark | walker of the dog
all dingus | dslr canon 5D4, 70-200LII zeiss distagon 15, 21, 25, 28, 50ƒ1.4 milvus; vario-sonnar N 24-85; makro planar 50, 100 mirrorless leica Q2 fujifilm XT-2, XT-20, 16, 18, 56, 16-55, 50-140; zeiss distagon 12, planar 32 film canon 1n hasselblad 501cm, 50, 80
<<all zooms for sale—zeiss, canon & fuji>>

agedbriar
Goldmember
2,613 posts
Joined Jan 2007

Nov 27, 2011 09:01 |  #96

I just jumped on the opportunity to make a joke. :D

I've been following this thread only to take delight from the fact that I don't have to depend on Adobe.

sponsored links

7,154 views & 0 likes for this thread
Did you buy Photoshop CS5
FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos RAW, Post Processing & Printing 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.