Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EF and EF-S Lenses 
Thread started 28 Nov 2011 (Monday) 15:55
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

50L, 24-70L US Rebates

Route246
489 posts
Joined Nov 2008

Nov 28, 2011 15:55 |  #1

I have two lenses left on my wish list. The 50L and "next" 24-70L, whatever that may be. I do not want the "current" 24-70L. The Canon US rebate schedule just went into effect yesterday. The 50L and "current" 24-70L are both on it. I guess I can make the assumption that the 24-70L will not get an update before these rebates expire on January 7, 2012?

I was planning on getting the 24-70L-II first but I need the tax write off this year so I guess it's probably prudent to get the 50L.

Gear List, Blog, (external link) Gallery (external link)

sponsored links
Purplecow
178 posts
Joined Dec 2010

Nov 28, 2011 16:16 |  #2

I don't think that you should expect the mark II of the 24-70 to come out any time soon. Rumors of this mythical lens have been out for years. Just buy what you need.

If your heart is set on the 24-70, it will be a long while before you will be able to get your hands on it. Canon hasn't even announced this lens. And when they do, it will take a while before it ships. And lastly, the price will go up by several hundred dollars.

Route246
THREAD ­ STARTER
489 posts
Joined Nov 2008

Nov 28, 2011 16:38 |  #3

Thanks. I don't need either of these. I just want them. If it takes years before the 24-70L is upgraded it's no problem for me. What I don't want to happen is to buy one and then see the update show up months later. The 50L is pretty safe from being updated in my opinion, at least for awhile. The 24-70L is pretty old and Nikon can use the competition, at least that's my thinking.

david ­ lacey
968 posts
Joined Sep 2010

Nov 28, 2011 16:44 as a reply to  @ Route246's post |  #4

There are plenty of us waiting on the 24-70L MKII. The 50L is a nice price right now I just ordered one and am waiting on Mr.Brown to show up.....Friday.

StrwBryFruitCake
66 posts
Joined Nov 2011

Nov 28, 2011 17:05 |  #5

i hope they improve the quality control of the 24-70 in the mk.2 version. I purchased the 105 for now, but when the 70mk.2 comes out, im going to get that one for sure.

Canon 5D IV: 16-35 II L / 24-70 II L / 70-200 II L

Route246
THREAD ­ STARTER
489 posts
Joined Nov 2008

Nov 28, 2011 17:54 |  #6

I sweated the decision between 50L and 24L a few years back and got the 24L. Eliminated the 35L, mainly because it was long in the tooth and due for a refresh and didn't have the water resistance and I found I was shooting much more at 24 than I was at 35 or 50 at the time. I acquired an 85L since then but want to complete my trifecta with the 50L.

sponsored links

646 views & 0 likes for this thread
50L, 24-70L US Rebates
FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EF and EF-S Lenses 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.