Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Transportation 
Thread started 01 Dec 2011 (Thursday) 09:39
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Got boat (Skater) photo published at PRI (Performance Racing Industry) annual show

appsyscons
563 posts
Joined Apr 2011

Dec 01, 2011 09:39 |  #1

After seeing various photos, Mast Motorsports (www.mast-marine.com (external link)), decided
on one I took last February. Lower left side, blue, orange tunnel hull boat. It is part
of a 39x95 banner, being displayed at the annual PRI show, this week in Orlando, FL.

Additionally, after looking though my portfolio, they are going to use some others in
various ads. Once they are done and in use, I will post them in another thread.

IMAGE: http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7031/6436522579_fbb63f7545_z.jpg

Here is the original

IMAGE: http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5091/5469854438_ea9fc3dedd_b.jpg

Gear: 7D gripped | EF-S 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6 IS | EF-S 10-18mm | , Nikon P530, Manfrotto legs, 496RC2 Ball Head /QR
My flickr (external link)
Upgrade wish list: EF 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS USM | EF 24-70mm f/2.8L USM | EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS (I or II) USM | Canon EF 1.4X (II or III)

PhotosGuy
75,852 posts
Gallery: 8 photos
Joined Feb 2004

Dec 01, 2011 09:57 |  #2

Congrats! But a level horizon & a bit of wake would have been nice? ;)

FrankC - 20D, RAW, Manual everything...
Classic Carz, Racing, Air Show, Flowers.
Find the light... A few Car Lighting Tips, and MOVE YOUR FEET!
Have you thought about making your own book? // Need an exposure crutch?
New Image Size Limits: Image must not exceed 1600 pixels on any side.

chris_holtmeier
Goldmember
2,166 posts
Gallery: 8 photos
Joined Sep 2011

Dec 01, 2011 10:11 |  #3

Looks like they cropped it so horizon didn't matter.

https://www.facebook.c​om/FotonFoto (external link)

KaosImagery
Goldmember
1,447 posts
Gallery: 22 photos
Best ofs: 3
Joined Sep 2009

Dec 01, 2011 18:19 |  #4

Nice work, Frank! Congrats!!

Website (external link) flickr (external link) 500px (external link) FaceBook (external link)

appsyscons
THREAD ­ STARTER
563 posts
Joined Apr 2011

Dec 02, 2011 07:03 as a reply to  @ KaosImagery's post |  #5

Thanks folks.

C&C always appreciated.

I have tried to get better with the horizons and I do not think this is the best or even one of the better pictures in this set, but this was the one they picked.

Yes they did crop, with my permissions; however, I will still work to get level horizons.

Just to clarify, this is not my boat, my Skater (same hull) is mostly white, this is Jims boat, and I was the photographer for the photo shoot.

click here to see the entire set of pictures (external link)

IMAGE: http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7155/6436768575_13cd5f0622_b.jpg

click here to see the entire set of pictures (external link)

Gear: 7D gripped | EF-S 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6 IS | EF-S 10-18mm | , Nikon P530, Manfrotto legs, 496RC2 Ball Head /QR
My flickr (external link)
Upgrade wish list: EF 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS USM | EF 24-70mm f/2.8L USM | EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS (I or II) USM | Canon EF 1.4X (II or III)

sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

1,362 views & 0 likes for this thread
Got boat (Skater) photo published at PRI (Performance Racing Industry) annual show
FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Transportation 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.