Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos The Business of Photography 
Thread started 04 Jan 2012 (Wednesday) 04:02
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Common Name - Stuck For ideas!

Cosha
Goldmember
1,213 posts
Joined Mar 2009

Jan 04, 2012 04:02 |  #1

For the last week, I have been scratching my head...

I have a fairly Common - Ben Smith

I have been building my ideas around my love for Flying/Aviation. My photography interests are People, Pets, Wildlife and adventure sports!

It feels like i have been through all sorts of names, i have binned loads of sketches, and searched through loads of already taken webpages...

Id like to have something in the name that is flying related, or clouds or something nature like, as must of my photography is that way inclined

Anything that includes Photography - apature - zoom - camera - photo - pixle - cloud etc...the common stuff has already gone!

I kind of liked Clipped Wing (Its already my flicker name) but it has nothing photography related in it...

99% of my user names on forums logins etc..are 'Cosha' - Spoken Co-Sha
Comes from high school nickname - people think I am Jewish like 'Kosher Foods' a name i would like to get rid of...

Thanks for any help you can give!

Oh...Hello :)

sponsored links
philwillmedia
Cream of the Crop
5,252 posts
Joined Nov 2008

Jan 04, 2012 05:32 |  #2

What about something like Par Avion Images/Photography or ParAv Pics
I dunno.
Just tossing ideas into the mix.

Regards, Phil
2013/14 CAMS Gold Accredited Photographer | 2010 & 2011 V8 Supercars Aust. Accredited Photographer | 2008, '09, '10 South Aus. Rally Photographer of the Year | Catch Fence Photos - 2009 Photo of the Year (external link)Finallist - 2014 NT Media Awards
"A bad day at the race track is better than a good day in the office" | www.freewebs.com/philw​illmedia (external link)

MedicinSC
Goldmember
1,373 posts
Gallery: 31 photos
Best ofs: 2
Joined Aug 2011

Jan 04, 2012 07:38 as a reply to  @ philwillmedia's post |  #3

Clipped Wing Photos or Clipped Wing Photography... Now it has something photography related.

on2rails
69 posts
Joined Oct 2007

Jan 04, 2012 08:41 as a reply to  @ MedicinSC's post |  #4

You got one thing going for you

Ben Smith is very easy to remember! Can' go wrong with that unless you live in a huge city with 20 other Ben Smith Photography's

But even then Ben, it doesn't sound like you are listing it in the phone book to do wedding photography where it might get confused with that other Ben Smith guy....

Joey Ricard Photography (external link)

Join me on Facebook (external link)

PixelPusher
Goldmember
1,929 posts
Gallery: 85 photos
Best ofs: 1
Joined Feb 2009

Jan 04, 2012 22:23 |  #5

How about Cloud 9 (Cloud nine or on cloud nine is an idiom referring to a state of elation or happiness) Maybe tack Photo on the end of it. Cloud 9 also might tie in with aviation aspect.

I noticed your initials, I guess BS Photo is out of the question;)

Robert

SmugMug (external link)

Lyndön
Goldmember
2,257 posts
Gallery: 2 photos
Joined Oct 2008

Jan 04, 2012 22:56 |  #6

Allscape wrote in post #13648750 (external link)
How about Cloud 9 (Cloud nine or on cloud nine is an idiom referring to a state of elation or happiness) Maybe tack Photo on the end of it. Cloud 9 also might tie in with aviation aspect.

I noticed your initials, I guess BS Photo is out of the question;)

Lol, thats the first thing I thought of!

GEAR LIST

Cosha
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
1,213 posts
Joined Mar 2009

Jan 05, 2012 04:06 as a reply to  @ Lyndön's post |  #7

Morning,

Thank you for your your ideas...

BS Photography is a no go :D although most the times i feel my images would suit BS Photography!

ClippedWing Photography still sounds OK to me, i think ill build a bit on that and see how far i get!

PixelPusher
Goldmember
1,929 posts
Gallery: 85 photos
Joined Feb 2009

Jan 05, 2012 09:42 |  #8

Cosha wrote in post #13649755 (external link)
ClippedWing Photography still sounds OK to me, i think ill build a bit on that and see how far i get!

I am a marketing person BTW, so I kind of look into things maybe differently than most. Why "clipped" wing? Doesn't this mean something that doesn't fly or done intentionally so that it doesn't fly? Not sure this will fly per the aviation types.. no pun intended.

Robert

SmugMug (external link)

snappy7
111 posts
Joined Jan 2010

Jan 05, 2012 11:13 |  #9

Cosha wrote in post #13643862 (external link)
For the last week, I have been scratching my head...

I have a fairly Common - Ben Smith

I have been building my ideas around my love for Flying/Aviation. My photography interests are People, Pets, Wildlife and adventure sports!

It feels like i have been through all sorts of names, i have binned loads of sketches, and searched through loads of already taken webpages...

Id like to have something in the name that is flying related, or clouds or something nature like, as must of my photography is that way inclined

Anything that includes Photography - apature - zoom - camera - photo - pixle - cloud etc...the common stuff has already gone!

I kind of liked Clipped Wing (Its already my flicker name) but it has nothing photography related in it...

99% of my user names on forums logins etc..are 'Cosha' - Spoken Co-Sha
Comes from high school nickname - people think I am Jewish like 'Kosher Foods' a name i would like to get rid of...

Thanks for any help you can give!

Ben I'm a british microlight pilot. I fly flexwing (P&M Quik) If I were doing what you are trying to do I'd try to link my name with the aircraft I fly. (Quikpix) My call sign in part is Charlie Charlie or I call "her" Charlie.

Perhaps something like this might work.

Just some ideas. Best of luck with that

Snappy

Canon 5d Mkii ~ f/4 24-105L USM ~ EF 50mm f/1.8 II
EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II USM ~dye Speedlite 580EX Mkii. Mitsubishi CP-D707-DW dye-sub double printer. Bowen 500's & Lastolite 400's flash heads. Lastolite TriFlector

Grumpy_one
611 posts
Gallery: 16 photos
Joined Mar 2008

Jan 05, 2012 13:19 as a reply to  @ snappy7's post |  #10

BenAir Photography....almost sounds french.

I shoot Canon's
1DX II, Canon 7D Gripped, 5D3, 24-70L II, 70-200L 2.8 IS Mk I, 85 1.8, Pocket Wizard II triggers, assorted speedlites and modifiers, 580EX, 580EXII, YN560's (6 or so) 50 1.4, t/c 1.4 MkII
www.happyvalleyphotogr​aphy.com (external link)

Todd ­ Lambert
I don't like titles
12,643 posts
Gallery: 9 photos
Joined May 2009

Jan 05, 2012 13:23 |  #11

benthereshotthat.com

benflyingphotos.com

MedicinSC
Goldmember
1,373 posts
Gallery: 31 photos
Best ofs: 2
Joined Aug 2011

Jan 05, 2012 13:46 |  #12

Todd Lambert wrote in post #13652036 (external link)
benthereshotthat.com

benflyingphotos.com

Nicely done! Great ideas.

imsellingmyfoot
Goldmember
1,026 posts
Gallery: 40 photos
Joined Apr 2011

Jan 05, 2012 14:33 |  #13

Hi Ben Smith,

I'd like to introduce myself, I'm Ben Smith.

Sorry that's not relevent, but I clicked on the thread and was like "oh cool, I have that same problem. Oh cool, he has my name!"

BLOG (external link)| flickr (external link) | Buy/Sell Feedback

Cosha
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
1,213 posts
Joined Mar 2009

Jan 06, 2012 11:05 as a reply to  @ imsellingmyfoot's post |  #14

Hi Ben Smith...:D

Clippedwing - I have loved flying since i can remember, so far i havent got any licences to fly (Doing my paragliding one hopefuly this year)

So currently i am like a bird with clipped wings, i have everything i need, just i cant fly!

Sounds a little silly i know! :oops:

I love love love the 'benthereshotthat.com' thank you very much, i totaly get the 'Been There, Done That' and its quiet easy to remember...!

Would you mind if i used this to sketch a logo?

Thank you all again!

Todd ­ Lambert
I don't like titles
12,643 posts
Gallery: 9 photos
Joined May 2009

Jan 06, 2012 11:17 |  #15

Cool, yeah, I was trying to figure out plays on the name Ben.

I definitely think it could work for you, it's generic in scope, but describes you, and what you do (photos).

Have fun and post back what you come up with, would love to see it.

sponsored links

3,442 views & 0 likes for this thread
Common Name - Stuck For ideas!
FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos The Business of Photography 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.