Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos The Business of Photography 
Thread started 10 Jan 2012 (Tuesday) 06:49
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Do you accept credit cards???

cdifoto
Don't get pissy with me
34,090 posts
Joined Dec 2005

Jan 10, 2012 15:07 |  #16
bannedBack in 2 months

I also use Square. Well, I have Square. Only a handful of people have paid by credit card. I tried using Intuit GoPayment once and it embarrassed me in front of a client by not registering the swipes, even after a dozen attempts. Had to fire up Square, which worked the first time. Intuit's app was uninstalled first chance.

Did you lose Digital Photo Professional (DPP)? Get it here (external link). Cursing at your worse-than-a-map reflector? Check out this vid! (external link)

sponsored links
oharing
THREAD ­ STARTER
524 posts
Joined Apr 2010

Jan 11, 2012 07:02 |  #17

Mark1 wrote in post #13679945 (external link)
android is supported. Just go to the market and search "Square".

Great!!!

Miami Wedding Photographers (external link)

helloagain36
Goldmember
1,490 posts
Joined Feb 2009

Jan 11, 2012 09:34 as a reply to  @ oharing's post |  #18

Another Square user here. While I haven't had a ton of people pay with a credit card it is nice to be able to offer the option and I have been very happy with the product and service from Square.

-Dave

RDKirk
Adorama says I'm "packed."
12,809 posts
Gallery: 2 photos
Joined May 2004

Jan 12, 2012 05:34 |  #19

I use Square. Used to use another merchant that charged monthly fees. But actually very few of my clients pay with card--the vast majority pay with check. Not sure why--I would not.

CameraMan
Cream of the Crop
13,322 posts
Gallery: 26 photos
Joined Dec 2010

Jan 12, 2012 05:43 |  #20

I have the app on my HTC Incredible. I ordered a SquareUp the other day. Can't wait to try it out.

Photographer (external link) | The Toys! | Facebook (external link) | Video (external link) | Flickr (external link)
Shampoo sounds like an unfortunate name for a hair product.
You're a ghost driving a meat-coated skeleton made from stardust, riding a rock, hurtling through space. Fear Nothing!

AlexMcCranor
219 posts
Joined Sep 2011

Jan 12, 2012 05:49 as a reply to  @ CameraMan's post |  #21

Anyone got an idea what i could us in the U.K?

My Blog Alex McCranor Freelance Camera Operator & Editor (external link)
Creative Director at Workimage Commercial Business Video & Photography (external link)
Grimsby & Lincolnshire Wedding Video and Wedding Photography (external link)

cdifoto
Don't get pissy with me
34,090 posts
Joined Dec 2005

Jan 12, 2012 06:30 |  #22
bannedBack in 2 months

RDKirk wrote in post #13690610 (external link)
I use Square. Used to use another merchant that charged monthly fees. But actually very few of my clients pay with card--the vast majority pay with check. Not sure why--I would not.

When it's a larger amount to a small businesses people usually seem to naturally go for the checkbook. I don't really know why though...sympathy so we don't have to pay the fees I guess.

Did you lose Digital Photo Professional (DPP)? Get it here (external link). Cursing at your worse-than-a-map reflector? Check out this vid! (external link)

RDKirk
Adorama says I'm "packed."
12,809 posts
Gallery: 2 photos
Joined May 2004

Jan 12, 2012 09:18 |  #23

cdifoto wrote in post #13690756 (external link)
When it's a larger amount to a small businesses people usually seem to naturally go for the checkbook. I don't really know why though...sympathy so we don't have to pay the fees I guess.

Or they just don't naturally expect us to be ready to take cards.

cdifoto
Don't get pissy with me
34,090 posts
Joined Dec 2005

Jan 12, 2012 09:21 |  #24
bannedBack in 2 months

RDKirk wrote in post #13691373 (external link)
Or they just don't naturally expect us to be ready to take cards.

I've tried to nudge people in the direction of plastic just to see if that was the case, and they still pay by check.

Tanya ­ De ­ Leeuw
Goldmember
4,260 posts
Joined Mar 2011

Jan 12, 2012 09:43 as a reply to  @ cdifoto's post |  #25

Cash, cheque, direct deposit, interac, or PayPal ... so yes, I guess people can pay by credit card.

Tanya De Leeuw
Facebook (external link) - Smugmug (external link) - Blog (external link)
Constructive comments are most appreciated!
Now: 1D Mark IV, 7D + 24-70/2.8L, 70-200/2.8L

CameraMan
Cream of the Crop
13,322 posts
Gallery: 26 photos
Joined Dec 2010

Jan 12, 2012 13:33 |  #26

The thing I like about SquareUp is there is no monthly fees. So you get this device for free and if you never use it then so what, but if someone does want to use the convenience of paying with plastic then more power to you. Nothing is better than answering the question, "Do you take credit cards?" with a resounding, "YES!" :D

Photographer (external link) | The Toys! | Facebook (external link) | Video (external link) | Flickr (external link)
Shampoo sounds like an unfortunate name for a hair product.
You're a ghost driving a meat-coated skeleton made from stardust, riding a rock, hurtling through space. Fear Nothing!

oharing
THREAD ­ STARTER
524 posts
Joined Apr 2010

Jan 13, 2012 21:33 |  #27

Thanks!

Miami Wedding Photographers (external link)

GadgetRick
Goldmember
1,081 posts
Joined Mar 2010

Jan 14, 2012 14:37 as a reply to  @ oharing's post |  #28

I use Square all of the time. Works like a charm.

canonguy14
379 posts
Joined May 2011

Jan 15, 2012 12:19 |  #29

robertwsimpson wrote in post #13678740 (external link)
easiest option: https://squareup.com/ (external link)
2.75% charge on all transactions... not too horrible, really.

I have used them for the past 4 months and have had great success. The accept all major credit/debit cards and their service fee is very fair when comparing to other credit card merchants.

Canon 5D MkII x 2 | Canon 35mm f/1.4L | Sigma 85mm f/1.4 | Canon 100mm f/2.8L Macro | Canon 17-40mm f/4L | 600EX-RT x 2 | 580EXII | AB800
Alex J. Photography (external link)
Facebook (external link)

HBOC
357 posts
Joined Mar 2010

Jan 15, 2012 13:46 |  #30

when you buy the square hardware from an Apple Store (cost $9.99), you get a $10 credit from Square. So basically it ends up being free after a few transactions

FB (external link)
500px (external link)
Blog (external link)

sponsored links

4,109 views & 0 likes for this thread
Do you accept credit cards???
FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos The Business of Photography 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.