Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos The Business of Photography 
Thread started 11 Jan 2012 (Wednesday) 18:24
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Which one is this? Flash Website Template

EOS ­ mE
Goldmember
2,491 posts
Joined May 2006

Jan 11, 2012 18:24 |  #1

I've been checking around on the web and stumbled upon this site. anyone know which company or template this is? i love how it's fills the screen regardless of the monitor size.

http://bokehphotograph​y.info/ (external link)

please let me know... thanks~

5DMKII Gripped | 30D Gripped | 50mm f1.4 | 24-70mm f2.8L | 70-200mm f2.8L IS | 430EX | 580EXIIhttps://photography-on-the.net/forum/showthre​ad.php?t=416554
My Reviews:
KATA 3N1 - 25PL Bag, Dolica CF Tripod ZX600B103

sponsored links
Hikin ­ Mike
Walkin' Like a Penguin Now!
6,352 posts
Gallery: 16 photos
Joined Aug 2005

Jan 11, 2012 20:02 |  #2

It's not a Flash template (thank goodness). It's a Wordpress theme called Invictus (external link).

Images in the Backcountry (external link) | Facebook (external link) | Google+ (external link) | Twitter (external link)
SEO for the Photographer (external link) | Creating HDRs Using Layer Masks (external link)
Canon 5D 17-40 Ճ/4L 300 Ճ/4L IS 70-200 Ճ/4L 50 Ճ/1.8 1.4x TC Օ Kenko Ext. Tubes

CSMFoto
Goldmember
1,178 posts
Joined Dec 2011

Jan 11, 2012 20:15 |  #3

Very slow load times, but very cool layout

Facebook (external link) | CSM Photography (external link) | Gear
I got some camera's & lens'.

EOS ­ mE
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
2,491 posts
Joined May 2006

Jan 12, 2012 00:20 |  #4

thanks mike.... You rock! My current site is through blu but they don't have anything like this. How hard is it to get WordPress up and running? Also anyway to speed up the loading process?

also does SEO work better with html site vs. Flash or does it even matter?

5DMKII Gripped | 30D Gripped | 50mm f1.4 | 24-70mm f2.8L | 70-200mm f2.8L IS | 430EX | 580EXIIhttps://photography-on-the.net/forum/showthre​ad.php?t=416554
My Reviews:

Dan ­ Marchant
Do people actually believe in the Title Fairy?
5,351 posts
Gallery: 19 photos
Joined Oct 2011
Location: Where I'm from is unimportant, it's where I'm going that counts.

Jan 12, 2012 16:57 |  #5

EOS mE wrote in post #13689992 (external link)
How hard is it to get WordPress up and running? Also anyway to speed up the loading process?

I know nothing about web servers but I just set up a wordpress site (www.danmarchant.com (external link)) using a host that offers "one click" wordpress installation. Once the site was set up I just needed to upload my chosen theme (the thing that styles your site) and make some selections from the menu for fonts colours etc.

also does SEO work better with html site vs. Flash or does it even matter?

Yes, much better.

Dan Marchant
Website/blog: danmarchant.com (external link)
Instagram: @dan_marchant (external link)
Gear Canon 5DIII + Fuji X-T2 + lenses + a plastic widget I found in the camera box.

EOS ­ mE
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
2,491 posts
Joined May 2006

Jan 12, 2012 18:30 |  #6

hi dan.. thanks for the feedback. wow.. that sounds pretty easy. so does it provide you with an UI (user interface) to drag and drop the photos and linkage?

My Reviews:

proimages
319 posts
Gallery: 2 photos
Joined Mar 2011

Jan 12, 2012 19:49 as a reply to  @ EOS mE's post |  #7

If you use that system, (looks nice) watermark your stuff
as those images are big enough to make posters from..
two bits..
cheers
Darrin

Proimages.com (external link) - DarrinNupuf.com (external link) - Nupufnudes.com (external link) - video stock (external link)

EOS ­ mE
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
2,491 posts
Joined May 2006

Jan 13, 2012 03:32 |  #8

Hi Darrin, yea, i noticed that too.. usually i watermark them on the lower left hand corner.. but for something that big.. i might consider a different template from wordpress.

My Reviews:

Picture ­ North ­ Carolina
Gaaaaa! DOH!! Oops!
9,158 posts
Joined Apr 2006

Jan 13, 2012 06:09 |  #9

CSMFoto wrote in post #13688854 (external link)
Very slow load times

and then some... but probably hosting, not the template.

Hikin Mike wrote in post #13688786 (external link)
It's not a Flash template (thank goodness). It's a Wordpress theme called Invictus (external link).

Agree on flash, Mike. Thanks for identifying this. I have a self-hosted wordpress blog and I, too, like the template. I'll just have to see if it works with stuff like Headroom 2, etc.

Website (external link) |

Ronny ­ Geenen
125 posts
Joined Dec 2011

Jan 14, 2012 00:23 |  #10

Here is a website with many top templates for photography:
http://dobeweb.com …ery-wordpress-themes.html (external link)
And my website http://www.LetPictures​Talk.com (external link) is based on a template from http://www.studiopress​.com (external link). I learn to put it together by signing up a webinar training of 10 weeks and the teacher I had is Mark Burrell and his site is called www.burrellgroup. com

sponsored links

1,562 views & 0 likes for this thread
Which one is this? Flash Website Template
FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos The Business of Photography 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.