Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS General Gear Talk Computers 
Thread started 01 Feb 2012 (Wednesday) 09:18
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

EOS Utility 2.10.4 Updater for Mac OS X (10.7 support)

x0SiN0x
238 posts
Joined Mar 2009

Feb 01, 2012 09:18 |  #1

saw this come through one of my RSS feeds (I may be late on this one, but i just seen it at least)

http://support-sg.canon-asia.com …nts/SG/EN/02001​89602.html (external link)
EOS Utility 2.10.4 Updater for Mac OS X

OS

• Mac OS X v10.7
  • Mac OS X v10.6
Outline
EOS Utility is an application that brings together all of the functions required to communicate with the camera. Functions for downloading and displaying images, remote shooting, and camera control of each setting when an EOS DIGITAL camera is connected to a computer have been integrated.

EOS Utility 2.10.4 Updater for Mac OS X is software that will install EOS Utility 2.10.4 on your computer or update a previously installed version of EOS Utility to EOS Utility 2.10.4 It is necessary that the previous version of your software have been installed when you use this updater on your computer.
Update History
Changes for EOS Utility 2.10.4 Updater for Mac OS X;

Supports Mac OS X 10.6.8 to 10.7
System requirements
1. Supported OSes
Mac OS X 10.6.8 to 10.7

2. Supported Computers
Macs with one of the supported OSes installed and that come with USB ports by default.
Macintosh UFS (UNIX File System) format not supported.
CPU;
- Intel Processor
RAM;
- 1 GB or greater

3. Installation Requirements
Any of the following are installed: EOS Utility, CameraWindow DSLR

4. Display
- Screen Resolution: 1024x768 pixels or more
- Colors; Approx. 32,000 colors or more

5. Supported Models
EOS Kiss X5 / EOS REBEL T3i / EOS 600D, EOS Kiss X50 / EOS REBEL T3 / EOS 1100D, EOS 60D, EOS Kiss X4 / EOS REBEL T2i / EOS 550D, EOS 7D, EOS-1D Mark IV, EOS Kiss X3 / EOS REBEL T1i / EOS 500D, EOS 5D Mark II, EOS 50D, EOS 40D, EOS Kiss F / EOS REBEL XS / EOS 1000D, EOS Kiss X2 / EOS REBEL XSi / EOS 450D, EOS-1Ds Mark III, EOS-1D Mark III
Caution
- If you are using a version earlier than Mac OS X 10.6.8, please use EOS Utility 2.10.2.
- EOS Utility cannot be used with WFT on computers running Mac OS X 10.6.8 to 10.7.2.

x0SiN0x AKA Tony - SiN is a (video) game name, nothing more!
Still learning (yes, newb) like some of you here, so please take any recommendations/opinio​ns with that in mind.
-[SmugMug (external link) | Gear | Feedback]-

sponsored links
S.n.a.f.u.
Goldmember
2,769 posts
Joined Jul 2009

Feb 01, 2012 09:26 |  #2

Hooray just in time for me to buy a new camera!

I'm Russ. Gear List
Life is too short to drink bad wine
-ching chai
Time is a great teacher. Unfortunately it kills all pupils
-Louis Hector Berlioz

mrkgoo
Goldmember
2,289 posts
Joined Aug 2006

Feb 01, 2012 13:57 |  #3

Yeah, it has been out for a while, but few people seemed to kick up a fuss in the EOS
Utility + Lion read. I'm guessing many people just gave up hope!

But I tried it, and it at least boots :)

rick_reno
Cream of the Crop
44,642 posts
Joined Dec 2010

Feb 03, 2012 09:43 |  #4

Seems ok, looks like they've dropped support for the 5D.

DannyG
74 posts
Joined Nov 2006

Feb 07, 2012 09:28 |  #5

I find it incredible that Canon would drop support for the 5D Classic. This is a real issue if you've upgraded to Mac OS Lion and want to shoot tethered. (Adobe Lightroom won't tether with the 5Dc and Lion either. Some say it has something to do with Canon EOS Utility.) I've found that Mac's Aperture, in OS Lion, will connect just fine with the 5Dc, no problems, no issues – so you can't tell me it's a technology issue.

rick_reno
Cream of the Crop
44,642 posts
Joined Dec 2010

Feb 08, 2012 10:34 |  #6

DannyG wrote in post #13841394 (external link)
I find it incredible that Canon would drop support for the 5D Classic. This is a real issue if you've upgraded to Mac OS Lion and want to shoot tethered. (Adobe Lightroom won't tether with the 5Dc and Lion either. Some say it has something to do with Canon EOS Utility.) I've found that Mac's Aperture, in OS Lion, will connect just fine with the 5Dc, no problems, no issues – so you can't tell me it's a technology issue.

It's an old body, doesn't surprise me they dropped it. It was introduced in Aug 2005, so its close to 7 years old. They can't support it forever, even if someone like myself plans to use the one I've got forever.

bsmotril
Goldmember
2,532 posts
Gallery: 11 photos
Joined Feb 2006

Feb 12, 2012 21:58 |  #7

You can always set up a partition and dual boot the mac, or use Parallels desktop with an old version of windows to support the 5D. Not an ideal situation, but a valid option for keeping older gear functioning under newer OS's.

Gear List
Galleries: http://www.flickr.com/​photos/smopho/ (external link) --- http://billsmotrilla.z​enfolio.com/ (external link)

sponsored links

9,978 views & 0 likes for this thread
EOS Utility 2.10.4 Updater for Mac OS X (10.7 support)
FORUMS General Gear Talk Computers 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.