Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment People 
Thread started 15 Feb 2012 (Wednesday) 17:49
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

The Darkside of SEXY ;)

AlanMura
632 posts
Joined Sep 2009

Feb 15, 2012 17:49 |  #1

Hey everyone,

Here is another project of mine with my MUSE, Olivia. We shot a 2.5 minute video together based on the idea of a photoshoot in motion. What I wanted to portray in this video was a few things:
1) Although it is my opinion, getting your model to move creates better images than posing. This video showcases this concept by actually capturing the motion aspect i have my models do for the camera.
2) The amazing ability of Olivia to work the camera. We have a very similar take on photography and video but I wanted to advertise to the world, her ability to work the camera.
3) Nudity is overrated.
4) The dark side of sexy is way sexier (IMHO)

All in all I just wanted to make a 'cool' video with a great model. While I know many of you are not going to like the music simply becuase its electronic, try and get passed that to appreciate the other elements of the video.

This was shot in the woods with a 2000W Honda generator, 1000W Rifa light, a studio fan, and a stereo system. We had a full crew of stylists. Olivia is rep'd by POSH models and Willow Model Management out here in SoCal for those interested.

The Link to the video is here: http://vimeo.com/36863​493 (external link)

Please enjoy the teaser still as well :) Comments are appreciated. Good or bad just keep it constructive please. Enjoy!

Oh, and plus subscribe to my vimeo (external link) and facebook (external link):)

IMAGE NOT FOUND
IMAGE IS A REDIRECT OR MISSING!
HTTP response: 404 | MIME changed to 'text/html' | Byte size: ZERO

IMAGE NOT FOUND

IMAGE NOT FOUND

IMAGE NOT FOUND

ALANMURA.COM (external link) | FACE (external link)BOOK (external link) | BLOG (external link)

sponsored links
AlanMura
THREAD ­ STARTER
632 posts
Joined Sep 2009

Feb 15, 2012 17:56 |  #2

Oh two more things:

If you dont have really fast internet, deactivate the HD or it will lag and trust me, you dont want this to lag.

Also, this was shot with a 60D + 35mm (dont remember the fstop i rented it hahaha) and 50mm 1.8.

ALANMURA.COM (external link) | FACE (external link)BOOK (external link) | BLOG (external link)

LensFlare1982
Mostly Lurking
11 posts
Joined Jan 2012

Feb 15, 2012 20:23 |  #3

People always crack me up. How no one has commented on this is beyond me. THIS VIDEO IS AMAZING!!! Im inspired. The stills are great too.

loque187
Hatchling
9 posts
Joined Feb 2012

Feb 15, 2012 20:47 |  #4

wow incredible vid. I'm not much into videos but I was entertained :) keep it up!

AlanMura
THREAD ­ STARTER
632 posts
Joined Sep 2009

Feb 15, 2012 20:55 |  #5

@Lensflare
Thank you for always being supportive of my work. I learn from these forums so I contribute. If people dont want to comment thats fine. Not everyone is going to like what I do. Im used to it at this point. But seriosuly, thanks for the support!!!

@Loque187
Thank you. Anytime someone puts the word incredible in association to my work makes my day. Truly appreciate it!!!!

RandyMN
Goldmember
3,131 posts
Joined Aug 2005

Feb 15, 2012 20:57 |  #6

LensFlare1982 wrote in post #13905251 (external link)
People always crack me up. How no one has commented on this is beyond me. THIS VIDEO IS AMAZING!!! Im inspired. The stills are great too.

People crack me up too... thinking others should respond only as they expect.

S.Horton
worship my useful and insightful comments
18,051 posts
Gallery: 7 photos
Joined Dec 2006

Feb 15, 2012 20:58 |  #7

It strikes me as two different 1:10 videos spliced together.

I may be a bit too old to appreciate the goals of this work.

Is this for promotion of your business?

Sam - TF Says Ishmael
http://midnightblue.sm​ugmug.com (external link) 
Want your title changed?Dream On! (external link)

:cool:

AlanMura
THREAD ­ STARTER
632 posts
Joined Sep 2009

Feb 15, 2012 21:36 |  #8

@Randy
Yes people crack me up responding to anything but the featured work. Thanks for ignoring the work at hand :p

@S.Horton
While Im not certain what you mean by 1:10 videos, it is supposed to be 1) different, 2) contrasting

Editorial videos and photo shoots in motion are a very lucrative source of income for photographers/director​s. Agencies use these to showcase the models. The goal of this particular video is to gain approval from a specific market.

I will most definitely not oppease everyones taste with this, however, the purpose of this video is to gain attention to my/her portfolios. Its working to say the least, you should see my facebook page hahahaa.

Thanks for the feedback! Age has nothing to do with it, its all about taste. :)

orena
544 posts
Joined Sep 2009

Feb 15, 2012 21:40 |  #9

that is an awesome video- i hate skrillex- i like the actual music video for that song but yours is even better/

Always do right, this will gratify some people and astonish the rest.
5DIII-7D-70-200L 2.8IS II-24-70 2.8 II L -50 1.4--28 135(4 SALE)-580exii-430ex -
http://www.orenaphoto.​com (external link)

RandyMN
Goldmember
3,131 posts
Joined Aug 2005

Feb 15, 2012 21:40 |  #10

AlanMura wrote in post #13905663 (external link)
@Randy
Yes people crack me up responding to anything but the featured work. Thanks for ignoring the work at hand :p

:)

I did not ignore the work. I watched the video, I looked at the photo's, I chose to respond to another's comment since it seemed as though my ignoring to comment was in fact ignoring the "work at hand".

You and the other poster share lots of opinions together so not really sure why you need mine anyways?

BryantFC
Goldmember
2,606 posts
Joined Jun 2011

Feb 15, 2012 21:52 |  #11

awesome video!

Mamiya M645 1000S, Mamiya RZ67, Polaroid SX-70 Alpha, Polaroid 250 Auto Land Camera, Leica M3, Canon Elan II
www.bryantphethmanh.co​m (external link)
http://www.flickr.com/​photos/bryantphethmanh​/ (external link)

AlanMura
THREAD ­ STARTER
632 posts
Joined Sep 2009

Feb 15, 2012 21:52 |  #12

RandyMN wrote in post #13905684 (external link)
I did not ignore the work. I watched the video, I looked at the photo's, I chose to respond to another's comment since it seemed as though my ignoring to comment was in fact ignoring the "work at hand".

You and the other poster share lots of opinions together so not really sure why you need mine anyways?

Its not a question of need. I people generally post work to forums because i would like feedback. If it wasnt worth commenting on i am ok with that, and to be honest, I'd rather keep the discussion about the work since thats why I posted it. I am not here to look for sunshine, I live in Los Angeles. All we get is sunshine. I am here to gain feedback to improve my work. That said, if you think its great, awesome. Id love to know. If you think it sucks, I'd also love to know that. If you feel its lacking something, what is it lacking? Perhaps you dont benefit from the comments of your peers, but I do and believe most people do. In any event, I do.

@everyone else? Comments about the work good or bad are always appreciated. Lets just play nice.

AlanMura
THREAD ­ STARTER
632 posts
Joined Sep 2009

Feb 15, 2012 21:53 |  #13

@BryanFC

Thank you!!! Im glad you enjoyed it!

RandyMN
Goldmember
3,131 posts
Joined Aug 2005

Feb 15, 2012 22:12 |  #14

AlanMura wrote in post #13905750 (external link)
Its not a question of need. I people generally post work to forums because i would like feedback. If it wasnt worth commenting on i am ok with that, and to be honest, I'd rather keep the discussion about the work since thats why I posted it. I am not here to look for sunshine, I live in Los Angeles. All we get is sunshine. I am here to gain feedback to improve my work. That said, if you think its great, awesome. Id love to know. If you think it sucks, I'd also love to know that. If you feel its lacking something, what is it lacking? Perhaps you dont benefit from the comments of your peers, but I do and believe most people do. In any event, I do.

@everyone else? Comments about the work good or bad are always appreciated. Lets just play nice.

I never said it wasn't worthy of comment. If you'd like to keep discussion focused on the "work", then don't bring me back by assuming my lack of comment means it was not worthy of comment.

I see it took a lot of work to create that video. I respect that!

I also watched it with no sound... Style is style, you have that! Whether I agree or disagree doesn't matter. Only reason I'm speaking here is I felt somehow my failure to comment was something bad.

If you want comments focused on "Work at Hand" only, then please keep yours there as well...

skwirnmn
Goldmember
1,058 posts
Joined Aug 2011

Feb 15, 2012 23:14 |  #15

sync was off after the drop and at :54
there's three bass synths with only two cuts (on the first and in between the second and third synth). add another cut on that second synth to clean it up
same thing at 1:08-1:09

uhh, HOLY S*** the video was amazing. beyond my nit picking with your syncs the concept was great. the imagery was great. the model did great. i'd be very pleased if this was a video i made. you should definitely be proud of it as well.

sponsored links

8,424 views & 0 likes for this thread
The Darkside of SEXY ;)
FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment People 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.